Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan GTR has a crappy top speed, lol

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post

Whatever, dont turn this into an arguement guys.
    If you don't want an argument, don't make the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    All I have to say: ZR1>GTR
    I swear there's not a single thread about the GTR where somebody doesn't drop a Corvette comment... why?

Yes most of the people won't max out the car, but it still is lame... sorry, it is. If a Cobra Terminator can easily reach 160mph, 155mph will be a walk in the park for this car... enthusiasts should get their money's worth IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I swear there's not a single thread about the GTR where somebody doesn't drop a Corvette comment... why?
    This is because, like Chuck Norris, the ZR1 can divide by zero.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Mercedes, Audi and BMW say that their limiters are at 155.

People who really do push their cars sometimes make it to 160 something before it really kicks in.

Some limiter.
    Well if you're accelerating hard it's not just gunna kick in and jolt you to 155mph, it probably just cuts out the acceleration, so you've got a second or two to keep it up

Are they really going to program every single race track in American into a satellite? And all so that people can only pass the legal limit by 90mph? That's still a lot! It all sounds a bit ridiculous.
    All about the t-tops

Ok maybe this is completely wrong, but this video just said something amazing about the new Nissan GTR

Apparently in Japan the top speed is limited to 111mph and 156 in America

but when you go onto a track, a special gps satelite raising the limit

If that is true...what a complete joke! Who in America is going to want a super fast car that taps out way before the fun begins

YouTube - Lamborghini Nissan GT-R Top Gear - Fast Lane Daily - 26Dec07

I'm hoping their info is way off...I thought Road and track and others said it was near 200mph
    I swear, if there was any justice in the world people who used so many unnecessary smilies would be violently electrocuted.

Anyway, to address your "topic". If there are any "enthusiasts" who desperately need to be accelerating hard for upwards of 30 secs I imagine they can arrange some kind of delimiter once the boffins figure out the GTR's electronic guts.
    Legitimate racers will probably have easy access to this sort of modification, ordinary twats don't need it.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

I'm saying the car was meant to compete with the Z06 and 911 Turbo
    ^The reason you see a Corvette comment in every GTR thread.

but here in America, where highway races are everywhere....156 is too slow...and 111 is ridiculous...I feel sorry for the Japanese gtr fan boys over there
    Id say maybe 5% or less of the population under 30 participates in highway races(much lower at ages above 30), and of that 5% about 10-15% ever take it to speeds much greater than 110-120. Most in this category don't have the CAPABILITY because of car their rolling in. Pretty much you'll have the 1 in a million 40 year old guy that can afford one of these cars and willing to actually hit the limiter and the 1 in a million kid with rich parents who gets him GTR and hits the limiter. Most likely either of them will buy the inevitable after market goody that disables the limiter. Then theres the 50% chance that either of them will wrap the car around a pole. So you wont be hearing many complaints from owners about the governor.

I just think they should have let it be 200. Not that I would do that on a public street or that it is safe, but because it would then be a fair competition for the z06 and Turbo.
    You're making the assumption that the car is capable of 200mph, or even more importantly, STABLE at such a speed.

Your also assuming that a road cars top speed is a very important number. This is no Veyron, built for fan boys and bragging rights. Its a higher end sports coupe. Do you honestly think by having even a 50 mile an hour top speed disadvantage to a Z06, it will make it a worse car? Does it really matter that much? if at all?

When, if ever, are you going to want to go over 155-160mph? When, if ever, are you going to have the road, conditions, and ability to predict/react to anything that may run across your path? Who's to say the people who buy these cars are going to be capable of controlling the car at suck speeds?

I'm not one to stick to speed limits either, I've taken my cars/bikes 'fast enough' and theres a point where it stops being stupid-fun and starts being just really stupid. Most people will get to that point before they hit the speed limiter in a GT-R.
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

I'm not saying 156 is slow, I'm saying the car was meant to compete with the Z06 and 911 Turbo

And I'm sure it does very well against them

but here in America, where highway races are everywhere....156 is too slow...and 111 is ridiculous...I feel sorry for the Japanese gtr fan boys over there

if they are going to limit a top speed to be safe then why even let it go above 75mph...that is after all the fastest LEGAL speed in America

I just think they should have let it be 200. Not that I would do that on a public street or that it is safe, but because it would then be a fair competition for the z06 and Turbo.

99% of all US highway races barely see 150Mph. 95% of those are also ricers who only go up to 90Mph and call it fast.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    What does matter, to me at least, is that there are limiters at all.
    i agree with this.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7 View Post
    ^The reason you see a Corvette comment in every GTR thread.

Id say maybe 5% or less of the population under 30 participates in highway races(much lower at ages above 30), and of that 5% about 10-15% ever take it to speeds much greater than 110-120. Most in this category don't have the CAPABILITY because of car their rolling in. Pretty much you'll have the 1 in a million 40 year old guy that can afford one of these cars and willing to actually hit the limiter and the 1 in a million kid with rich parents who gets him GTR and hits the limiter. Most likely either of them will buy the inevitable after market goody that disables the limiter. Then theres the 50% chance that either of them will wrap the car around a pole. So you wont be hearing many complaints from owners about the governor.

You're making the assumption that the car is capable of 200mph, or even more importantly, STABLE at such a speed.

Your also assuming that a road cars top speed is a very important number. This is no Veyron, built for fan boys and bragging rights. Its a higher end sports coupe. Do you honestly think by having even a 50 mile an hour top speed disadvantage to a Z06, it will make it a worse car? Does it really matter that much? if at all?

When, if ever, are you going to want to go over 155-160mph? When, if ever, are you going to have the road, conditions, and ability to predict/react to anything that may run across your path? Who's to say the people who buy these cars are going to be capable of controlling the car at suck speeds?

I'm not one to stick to speed limits either, I've taken my cars/bikes 'fast enough' and theres a point where it stops being stupid-fun and starts being just really stupid. Most people will get to that point before they hit the speed limiter in a GT-R.
    holy shit it's been how long since you'velast posted before this?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Dude it's a Nissan!!!! what did you expect!!! Duh....

I'm not saying 156 is slow, I'm saying the car was meant to compete with the Z06 and 911 Turbo

And I'm sure it does very well against them

if they are going to limit a top speed to be safe then why even let it go above 75mph...that is after all the fastest LEGAL speed in America

IIRC most cars in Japan are limited to 180km/h (111mph), and apparently this is no exception.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I kinda love it when sitting inside a GTR or NSX, and the speedometer shows the top speed at 180km/h.

I hate my local Protons putting 260km/h on their puny 1.6 cars .... and worst of all, local fanpigs claim they've reached those speeds .... yawn..
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

I hope yo make this post every time, BMW, Mercedes and Audi throw out an M, AMG or RS...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I honestly thought more of you would agree that a top speed limiter on a supercar is lame

apparently not, hah

to each his own i guess
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information