Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2008 NASCAR Season

The land of the free and home of the whopper!
    Scott Speed won his 1st Craftsman Truck race yesterday in Dover in his 8th start. This also ties the NCTS record of consecutive first time race winners at 3.
    roflcopter

Who develops and builds NASCAR cars?

Barrack Obama is sponsoring BAM Racing's #49 Toyota driven by Ken Schrader for the Sprint Cup race at Pocono on August 3rd.

I think this is comical.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Who develops and builds NASCAR cars?
    NASCAR gives the teams a rulebook with all the specifications required for the car to be raceable (like ride height, fender height & width), and the teams usually build a set of templates to make sure the cars meet the specifications so when they bring the car to be inspected they (usually) pass the inspection.

There's a bunch more to it, but that's the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Barrack Obama is sponsoring BAM Racing's #49 Toyota driven by Ken Schrader for the Sprint Cup race at Pocono on August 3rd.

I think this is comical.
    Not true, Obama and his party declined the opportunity to sponsor the car.
    roflcopter

Jacques Villeneuve has gotten a ride for the Nationwide Series race in Montreal.

He's gonna announce details in his Montreal restaurant soon.

I quite enjoyed last year's race - watching the big cars around the track was very cool and there was a lot of passing and action. It is a shame that road races are rare in NASCAR. Does anyone know if Ron Fellows and/or Patrick Carpantier will be there as well?

Does anyone know if Ron Fellows and/or Patrick Carpantier will be there as well?
    I would assume so. There are usually 10 ringers or so for the road races, featuring drivers like Boris Said, Scott Pruett, Ron Fellows, etc.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Ron Fellows and Patrick Carpentier will both race at Montreal, Fellows for JR Motorsports and Carpentier for Gillet-Evernham Racing.

Jacques Villeneuve has gotten a ride for the Nationwide Series race in Montreal.
    JV is gonna drive the #32 Toyota for Braun Racing.
    roflcopter

I got the race on at Indy and every 15 laps or so, NASCAR is throwing a competition yellow to allow the cars to change tires/preserve tires due to horrible tire wear on the circuit. This is a freaking joke to me. It destroys the flow of the race, allows for luck to become a major factor, and reflects very poorly on Goodyear. The US GP in 2005 was bad, and so is this.

I am definately not a NASCAR fan at all, but I heard how horrible the tires were wearing and I tuned in just becuase I thought it would be exciting to see the drivers having to deal with Massive tire wear...Well it wasn't that exciting, I mean every 12 laps there was like a competition caution, and one car blew out a tire and it really destroyed the whole back-end...Jimmie Johnson won the race(his car looked the best all day) and the funny thing is, when he did his victory Burnout, his back right tire blew out!!! If you didn't watch the race, the back right tire on all the cars was wearing the worst.haha

...and the other funny thing in the race was, on a restart lap, one of the cars just busted right through a Bird that was sitting on the track...feathers flew everywhere...lol
    Oo____oO GT-R

The Nationwide event at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve was awesome I caught the first 35 odd laps on tape and it was cracker to see those cars in the rain - the first time a major NASCAR series has run on wet tires. Marcos Ambrosse was dominating in the wet but apparently got a drive through penalty and cost him the race - Quebecers Jacques Villeneuve and Patrick Carpantier were strong but ultimately shrewd strategy, amazing driving in the wet, and a race cut short gave the victory to road course ringer and Corvette Motorsport driver and Ontarian (straight outta Mississauga) Ron Fellows in Dale Jr.'s Go Daddy Chevrolet. After a restart, he musta gained 14 or so positions in under 5 laps - he was absolutely on fire. The race like last year's was an absolute cracker - NASCAR races are much much more enjoyable on road courses and watching these big beasts in the rain made it even more entertaining.

At one point during a caution, Carl Edwards stuck his arm out in front of the car and wiped off the windshield with a squeegee or swiffer or something - it was hilarious.

So many Quebecers will be disappointed that Jacques or Patrick didn't win, but there will be many at the track and throughout Canada that will be pleased a Canadian won and Canadians fared well in the field - NASCAR Canadian Tire Series points leader Andrew Ranger won the Canadian Tire Series race in the morning and was up well into the top 10 at one point but managed only 28th at the end of the race.

That race was epic.
    roflcopter

Thread Information