Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
Leon, I wasn't think that the Koenigsegg could go faster than the SSC but I was just trying to illustrate that there is more to it than sheer power. What Bleeding Heart said was:

Possibly inferring that it was strictly a power thing. The CCX hit 402 km/h and the SSC 412 km/h. The CCXR has over 200 hp more than the CCX.

Would it top the 412 by the SSC?
I agreed with you, probably I didn't express myself properly. And still agree.

Didn't know the CCX hit 402 km/h. so with the additional power it's possible to top the SSC, but probably without the wing as I suppose the car was when running at 402 km/h. While IIRC the SSC doesn't have any kind of wing, standard or additional, but at the same time I don't know if it needs the wing to be sufficiently controllable as the CCX isn't without the wing.

So, considering the Veyron in the v-max mode isn't usable but just on a straight line, considering the Koenigsegg reaches its top speed (presumingly) without a very-suggested-to-be-bought-wing, I prefer a car like the SSC which can reach its top speed without being tuned/tricked for the occasion. as the old F1 was, or the XJ220 or the EB110 and so on.
I'm aware some of those, and even moern ones, have active aerodynamic, but the changes made by the computer aren't as relevant (relatively) as stopping the car, using an additional key, removing completely the huge rear wing and lowering it to 45mm.