Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX

As you all have read, Ferrari has come up with a concept I never heard about: they will try to improve their (street) race cars by using test results from their elite buyers...

That's a new strategy in my eyes, not?

So I guess the FXX is the Enzo, modified like the MC12 but with his own body, it's not the most beautiful car I've seen so far, but I'm willing to beleive that it's got massive race capacity with all those aerodynamic gizmo's... and off course it's 800bhp engine...

It's really smart of Ferrari to come up with his, because it lowers the research costs, the car is bought ( Ferrari gets money ) and than they just have to analyse the info they receive from the voluntary testers... so they don't have to pay test drivers...

In the end, everybody will be happy 'cause the elite has got a new toy ( I don't think they even mind spending the 1.5milion euro on that car ) and Ferrari can design better cars with the results+they did it cheaper than before

Oh, yeah, I don't really get why they put the exhaust system that high, it's better to put the weight as low as you can and here they put it higher than in the Enzo this is confusing me a little...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Couldn't you have just posted in the FXX thread? but oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by Fluppe
    It's really smart of Ferrari to come up with his, because it lowers the research costs, the car is bought ( Ferrari gets money ) and than they just have to analyse the info they receive from the voluntary testers... so they don't have to pay test drivers...
    Do you really believe that? How could possibly the costumers have enough knowledge to develop a car? And would the car be sold without having passed through complete testing? And why should a company like Ferrari have problems to pay to testers?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Do you really believe that? How could possibly the costumers have enough knowledge to develop a car? And would the car be sold without having passed through complete testing? And why should a company like Ferrari have problems to pay to testers?
    1. they select the drivers, so they will look at their skills...
    2. notice the smiley afther what I've said about reducing the costs
    3. it's a major publicity deal, they developped a racing competition for their own...

No, ferrari wouldn't have problems to pay them, allthough, now they're not that competitive in the F1 anymore...

exactly! this is all just a cheap marketing campaign.

No, ferrari wouldn't have problems to pay them, allthough, now they're not that competitive in the F1 anymore...
    Can't see the point of that argument.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Can't see the point of that argument.
    Ferrari is a big name, but without great results they've had the past years, the major sponsors will choose for other, better teams, it could be something they have to deal with, not?

it's not the most beautiful car I've seen so far,
    you can say that again, bud'!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    you can say that again, bud'!
    It's not the most beautiful car i've seen so far...

and I can say this, and I'm a big Ferrari-fan, but also a critical...

Ferrari is a big name, but without great results they've had the past years, the major sponsors will choose for other, better teams, it could be something they have to deal with, not?
    I can't see the relationship between the poor results and this car. The F1 season is three months old, and I doubt Ferrari have come with this idea, fully developed it, and then built it in three months.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I can't see the relationship between the poor results and this car. The F1 season is three months old, and I doubt Ferrari have come with this idea, fully developed it, and then built it in three months.
    Ferrari is not a mass-production company and their F1-team brings in money, right? Smaller,less competitive F1-teams have a smaller financial potential...

Why do you doubt about the origin of the idea? It is innovative...

Ferrari is not a mass-production company and their F1-team brings in money, right? Smaller,less competitive F1-teams have a smaller financial potential...

Why do you doubt about the origin of the idea? It is innovative...
    I just fail to see what this car has to do with the Formula 1 program.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Oh, yeah, I don't really get why they put the exhaust system that high, it's better to put the weight as low as you can and here they put it higher than in the Enzo this is confusing me a little...
    I bet that the exhaust has a much shorter and direct route than in the enzo with it's new positioning, creating more power, obviously.

I like the tail better than the Enzo actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I just fail to see what this car has to do with the Formula 1 program.
    This must be a missunderstanding...
    Well, it's not about relationship between this car and the F1, but about the financial health of the company ( with this, I don't say that they're going below zero or anything like that )
    What I was trying to say is that their cashflow is maybe decreasing a little bit ( bad luck in F1 so far => less price money etc. ) so they are creating new ways to get money => big publicity with this project...
    I might be mistaking with my sugestions ( what you said about the 3 months of bad luck in F1 >< it takes more than 3 months to come up makes sence )
    Last edited by Fluppe; 06-16-2005 at 06:00 AM.

Thread Information