Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RWD diesel powered cars

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Quick and dirty way of finding RWD cars. Actually, it's a pretty complete looking listing except for exotics.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_wheel_drive
    That's a nice list they put together. Thank you for that.
    Here another link taken from that list.
    http://www.rearwheeldrive.org/rwd/rwdrate.htm
    Last edited by QBridge; 11-05-2005 at 09:31 PM.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    Because they have the X type that is FWD and a diesel and I was thinking they would make the rest of them diesels and FWD.
    FWD and diesel propulsion have nothing to do with each other. There are no petrol cars where the change to diesel also meant a change in drive train. The only thing with the X-type is that the diesel is only available in thw FWD version ,while the petrol engined cars car either be had with FWD or AWD.

Further to that the Ford Diesel applied in the Jaguars has actually been designed by PSA (Peugeot). They are now working on a new 2.2 litre that will come with about 175 BHP in Ford products and 10 BHP more in Peugeots and Citroens. (the 407, 607 and the C5 and C6). The 2.7 V6 from the Jaguar S-type is also available in the Peugeot 607 and the Citroen C6. Rumour has it that they are also considering a V8 version of that engine.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

You are more than welcome to point them out. I'll be more than happy to argue with you about them.
    oh dear

ah well, you did ask, but I'll only take up two with you ...

All I've read about the E Class is electrical problems over and over and low quality builds ever since Chrysler molested Benz
    First the M-B electrical problem was an old issue as M-B added more and more motor-driven components and these introduced new points of failure. They made a BIG announcement a couple of years back about it and that they had rediseigned over 300 OUT of the range. So it was NOTHING to do with Chrysler and pre-dated the acquisition. So scratch ONE comment.

Second, Chrysler are OWNED by M-B. Owners don't usually allow acquisitions to "molest" them. So scratch SECOND comment.

Hope this guides your further reading to improve understanding and knowledge and avoid slinging mud at the wrong places

Cheers
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Second, Chrysler are OWNED by M-B. Owners don't usually allow acquisitions to "molest" them. So scratch SECOND comment.
    Difficult concept to accept that the USA third largest automaker is actually owned by Daimler Benz, a German company.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Difficult concept to accept that the USA third largest automaker is actually owned by Daimler Benz, a German company.
    Just wait till a Japanese company starts cherry-picking the corpse of GM !!!!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Guest Guest
    Can someone please tell me why Jaguar is listed on www.ford.com I've been asking myself that for a year now.
    Volvo on there also including Mazda, Aston Martin, Land Rover which I'm not suprized because the Range Rover is a piece of shit when it comes to reliability. So much for a 90k car.
    becuase ford own them...

Rumour has it that they are also considering a V8 version of that engine.
    Really ? First time I hear that. Could be VERY interesting, seeing as the V6 is a work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Really ? First time I hear that. Could be VERY interesting, seeing as the V6 is a work of art.
    destined for the US market and the XJ. Don't see it in the C6 or 607.

Here is the work of art....
    Attached Images Attached Images

destined for the US market and the XJ. Don't see it in the C6 or 607.

Here is the work of art....
    I don't expect it to be in the C6 or 607 but I would expect to see it in the XJ. I mean developing a *diesel* V8 only to sell it in the US sounds a bit weird to me

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    I don't expect it to be in the C6 or 607 but I would expect to see it in the XJ. I mean developing a *diesel* V8 only to sell it in the US sounds a bit weird to me
    they might be seeing the light soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    First the M-B electrical problem was an old issue as M-B added more and more motor-driven components and these introduced new points of failure. They made a BIG announcement a couple of years back about it and that they had rediseigned over 300 OUT of the range. So it was NOTHING to do with Chrysler and pre-dated the acquisition. So scratch ONE comment.

Hope this guides your further reading to improve understanding and knowledge and avoid slinging mud at the wrong places

Cheers
    This is what I saw in a magazine. I don't remember the name of it but it had a black cover with the Chrysler and Benz logo over one another.
    So I get to a page where it said that ever since this sort of merger happened Benz had recalls, a lot of recalls, electrical problem was another problem maybe had something to do with the recalls, sales went down by some 1.2 million as I remember reading, the quality in the builds sucked and Benz lost a lot of money. That's what the magazine said.

I don't consider the America car market to be innovative. I really don't see why Benz would even want to consider sharing anything with Chrysler and like the magazine said it was a complete failure.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

This is what I saw in a magazine. I don't remember the name of it but it had a black cover with the Chrysler and Benz logo over one another.
    So I get to a page where it said that ever since this sort of merger happened Benz had recalls, a lot of recalls, electrical problem was another problem maybe had something to do with the recalls, sales went down by some 1.2 million as I remember reading, the quality in the builds sucked and Benz lost a lot of money. That's what the magazine said.

I don't consider the America car market to be innovative. I really don't see why Benz would even want to consider sharing anything with Chrysler and like the magazine said it was a complete failure.
    The merger with Chrysler and the problems with the E-class are totally unrelated. The E-class is built in Germany only. The problems have been recognised and the amount of electric gadgets in future will actually go down, compared to the current model. Chrylser, just like Smart, is a loss making component of the Daimler Benz company. The other division, Mercedes used to be the cash cow, but that has met with its own problems, as described above. If sales went down by 1.2 million, than they actually produced a very small amount of cars recently, so that figure is highly questionable.

What Daimler has done with Chrysler so far (apart from streamlining production methods) is providing them so far with the platform of the previous E-Class for the Chrylser 300/Dodge Charger, the platform of the previous SLK for the Crossfire and the supply of 3.2CDi engines in the Chrysler 300 for the European market. The Chrysler ME supercar was also built up from Mercedes components.

Thread Information