Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi FTO 1994-2000

Mitsubishi FTO 1994-2000

1997 Mitsubishi FTO

Please feel free to post any more picīs as thread was missing and I only have 1 decent pic ītill now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    This car wasn't sold in the US right? I never really understood this car. it looks like a slick sporty car, but it was front-wheel drive and not very powerful? Did they stop making it and sell the design to Hyundai? (Tiberion) I believe they're about the same HP? GT Tiberion = GP FTO? I think it might have been a bit lighter actually.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    This car wasn't sold in the US right? I never really understood this car. it looks like a slick sporty car, but it was front-wheel drive and not very powerful? Did they stop making it and sell the design to Hyundai? (Tiberion) I believe they're about the same HP? GT Tiberion = GP FTO? I think it might have been a bit lighter actually.
    The Mitsubishi FTO, is a front engined, front wheel drive sports car produced by Mitsubishi Motors between 1994 and 2000. It was originally planned to be exclusively for the Japanese domestic market, although its popularity as a grey market import to the United Kingdom and Australia led to eventual limited distribution through Mitsubishi's official dealers in those countries. Upon its debut it won the Car of the Year Japan award for 1994–95, awarded on December 2, 1994.

Hereīs the bla-bla-bla part:

FTO stands for "Fresh Touring Origination", and Mitsubishi claims it is "a touring model overflowing with freshness, youthfulness, and originality."The name recalls the Galant Coupe FTO model of 1971, one of the company's first sports cars.

So it seemed to did not sell to the US indeed. In the Netherlands it is even more rare. I think īweī have only one in our country. Also saw one in in Greece during holiday. Does anyone have more picīs, I kinda like it.

It's in Gran Turismo(s) 1-4
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

they're common, won car of the year in Japan as mentioned above. Considered a cheaper, less polished alternative to the DC2 Integra GSR.
    has a 2.0L V6 engine with 200hp.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

It's supposed to be a very good drive, MOTOR has lamented that Mitsu brought the GTO here as an official import, leaving only a small run of official imports towards the end.

Plus, the V6 GPX model had 200hp and they only weighed about 1200kg, that's not bad.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I know someone who has an FTO. Very nice car indeed; if slightly effeminate..!

its 2.0 V6 is a marvel - 200bhp. Only jaguar make another such small 6 cyl engine...
    autozine.org

Jackie Chan destroyed one in Thunderbolt, a racing movie while racing a R32 GT-R
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    its 2.0 V6 is a marvel - 200bhp. Only jaguar make another such small 6 cyl engine...
    Ah- the Mazda MX-3 of the early '90s had a 1.8 V6.

its a peasant of a car, my mate sold his after just being fed up with it. Sure it revs to like 9k but it only makes good power after 4800rpm. He did a manual conversion trying to get more out of it and he still hated it. Theyre a girly car.

He sold it and bought a R33 Skyline.
    The Datto will rage again...

FTO
    Sorry, low resolution

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Ah- the Mazda MX-3 of the early '90s had a 1.8 V6.
    At the time it was the smallest V6 available. Alotugh the original Lancia V6 was even smaller at 1754cc.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

there is one locally with a special edition galant VR4 engine puting out about 300hp, and the managed to stuff an EVO AWD drivetrain underneath, if only they came that way from the factory
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Mitsubishi FTO

Thread Information