Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 : Halo 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    I still hold on to the fact that Halo 3 won't be game of the year. That title SHOULD go to Bioshock, or Crysis (although its not released yet, I've been following its progress from day 1). Heck, there's even COD4 and Unreal Tournament 3 this year. I still struggle to see what the attraction is with halo. Halo was a good game for its time but since then its never really evolved. Halo 2 was confusing as hell. Every level was the same. Halo 3 is supposed to improve on that, but the storymode is supposed to last only 5 or 6 hours. Maybe the attraction for halo is that its one of the only decent console online games. Most likely the same reason its no big deal when it comes out on PC.
    Thats why Microsoft never made a big deal of Halo going to pc - Bungie did, mostly because they got to throw in some new stuff. Halo games thrive on the multiplayer action of sitting next to your friend, blowing his head off, and 20 minutes later laughing at him about it as you get chips and soda. It's a console game at heart (at least now, it was originally going to be a game for Macs), and the game is designed for that.

Halo 2 was complicated? I agree, mostly because I loved Halo 1's simplicity, while still allowing cool things to be done of all sorts. I was never a huge fan of Halo 2, but supposedly the game play (coming from a friend who participated in the beta) is more like Halo 1 than Halo 2. Well, in an hour we shall see (some of us at least).

Where did you hear about the story mode being that short, by the way? I don't believe that yet, considering Halo 1's story mode was nearly 10 hours, Halo 2's about the same, and there are so many loose ends of plot to tie up....that would be insane if they could pull it off in a 5-6 hour game though.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

There's supposedly 9 chapters in Halo 3 and each lasts at least an hour.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Both IGN and CVG.com reviews said the game lasted about 6 hours. They also state thats it is the final chapter in the Master Chief storyline of Halo. It was developed VERY quickly. Most likely under pressure from microsoft to get their flagship game before the final batch of this years top games are released in Q4 2007. Reviews say it shows, and doesn't offer anything new, but just makes it as fun as it should be. Which in all fairness, is all its audience wants =) I've seen the ending already. Those who wish to watch it click here. People who don't wish to see the ending, click here I do think though that maybe bungie rushed this one. I would say for the final game in the trilogy of my favourite gaming series, I'd be prepared to wait a little longer. Even if just to build up the anticipation. But halo fans will love this game. No doubt about it.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 09-24-2007 at 08:07 PM.

There are alot of features an things that are new in the game that I look forward to.

Man cannons for example.
    and quads.
    and snipers.(not new but fun as hell)
    replay of matches.
    slow mo death cam

etc - all make hilarity ensue

AFAIK my friends have completed it last night. said it was a blast (and one of them is a SERIOUSLY big halo fan and wouldn't accept anything sub par)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

So...Spoiler alert, don't read the damn white text
    Mastercheif dies?

Apparently he freezes himself cryogenically while floating through space on a ship. Cortana tells him there's little to no chance of him ever being found...Sad really. I'm watching the video now, someone else told me that.

Edit: Everyone thinks he's dead, but if you watch the legendary ending you see him freeze himself, and the ending I described up there ^^^
    Last edited by TVR IS KING; 09-24-2007 at 08:37 PM.
    All about the t-tops

The Sarge is white?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Master Chief even turned up for the release of halo 3. and robbed it

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Master Chief even turned up for the release of halo 3. and robbed it
    I watched that video this morning when college humor put it up and it was definitely not funny. He humped the PS3 twice and then he awkwardly robbed the place. With that suit and a gamestop of that size, it could have been MUCH better.

FAIL

Holy.shit.

Multiplayer is the bomb, I think I'll be spending many a sleepless night on the Forge creating mayhem. If I could agree with anything that gamespy has said, this IS the reason why the X360 was made. Terrific

GOTY? I didn't like Bioshock as much as I would have liked to. There was always this sense of repetitivess, even with the countless number of ways to approach situations. It kept digging in the back of my mind that the developers tried to hard, but living up to a game such as System Shock is never easy. For me it was a 3.5/5 at most.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

there is no ****ing way halo 3 will be game of the year. it's too derivative. excellent fun, yes, but bioshock deserves that award about a billion times more.
    i couldn't help but realise that a lot of the cool features in halo 3 are only cool because they've never been seen in halo before - whereas other games have had it for a loooong time.
    still an excellent game, and for some reason cheap - by virtue of the millions of preorders perhaps? +1 for JB hi fi for having an entire stack the day after the midnight release, lol. **** eb.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_ View Post
    GOTY? I didn't like Bioshock as much as I would have liked to. There was always this sense of repetitivess, even with the countless number of ways to approach situations. It kept digging in the back of my mind that the developers tried to hard, but living up to a game such as System Shock is never easy. For me it was a 3.5/5 at most.
    someone actually thinks the same as me about bioshock

EDIT: off I go to see if they have any on the shelves @ the local places..
    Last edited by whiteballz; 09-25-2007 at 04:00 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

saw the game, didnt like it. why is there all this rage for a few extra weapons and other useless crap. Still very good quality game but i didnt like it
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

My life seriously sucks. At a point it was just like.. ok, I have a case of bad luck, but now it's getting ridiculous.

Since I'm at school, I told my mom to pick up my pre-ordered copy of the Limited Edition Halo 3, with $25 put down towards the order. When she goes in there, the guy tells her to open the case to see if everything is in order, and of course... mine is scratched. She tries to exchange it for another game, but apparently they couldn't swap Limited Edition copies. I tell her to wait at the mall while I call up EB Games to see what the deal is and the guy on the phone informs me that I CAN swap the cd in the limited edition case for a cd in the regular case which is odd since they told my mom that she couldn't do that.

Regardless, I call my mom back a minute later after I told her to wait at the mall with the regular Halo 3 game that she paid full price for (she couldn't knock off $25 for the regular because I preordered the LE) and she tells me that she left. Now, she has the regular Halo 3 that she paid $60 bucks for that I pray isn't opened yet so it can be returned, I have a $25 receipt in my wallet for Halo 3 LE that I may not be able to cash, and, if I do try to resolve the matter on my own, the store's policy states that they only hold reserved games for 2 days and I couldn't get there till get this, 3 days after the Halo release. Now I'm shit out of luck and can't play Halo 3 until the end of the week after I hear what happens and how good/bad it is from every prepubescent loser I come across in New Brunswick.

**** EVERYTHING
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-25-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Ha! You're in New Brunswick.

Now when you say it's scratched did you see the scratch or are you going by your mom's words?

Thread Information