Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS3 Slim...

that is true.
    but the older consoles never broke..used my gamecube just as much, it's fine (+ it feels better built for some reason).
    to be fair my xbox has also been on many travels with me in aeroplanes, cars etc.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yea. The PS2 was the first console I ever owned that actually gave up on me during the course of my extensive gaming habit. My Gamecube and old Xbox held up just fine despite extremely long play sessions. I haven't had my 360 go bunk yet, but even if it does I'm just gonna have to deal with getting it fixed/repaired. Alot of PS guys don't understand that, but once you've invested over 2 years worth of completing, unlocking, and leveling up on a large pile of games......you don't want to have to scrap it all to start over on another console.

But FWIW, the reduced price on the PS3 is likely to tempt me into getting one sooner than I was planning. There's only a handful of PS games that I'm really interested in, but regardless I'll be watching some Blu-ray movies in the meantime. I don't really care about the slim's aesthetics, since it still takes up the same amount of space on a shelf as the original. But if it is (supposedly) more efficient and runs better then I'll pick one up. Unless, of course, the price on the older units gets heavily slashed.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i played a lot more on the ship than i do now. spending duty days on the ship for 24 hours gives you a lot of free time, and i actually had a bunch of time at lunch when i could goof off. also, if the day was quiet, and nothing was really going on, and i just had to be there, i could get some gaming in. these days, i get to play a game for me about once a week, then the wife and i also play rockband a few times on the weekend.
    That's awesome- playing PS3 while you're on Uncle Sam's tax money cruiser.

And you still are getting paid for it.

If I have extra money lying around I might pick one up, probably just for the bluray and GT5
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    The Internet is taking away your grammar skills... be careful. It doesn't take much time.
    i was just doing that for the heck of it.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    i was just doing that for the heck of it.
    omg liez
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by W.R. View Post
    I'm on my 2nd one, and it's making some scary noises. The time it took to replace my old bag of crap was less than a week (hoorah), but getting the thing sent off was just painful.
    Mine took a month and a half to come back. If it only took a week i wouldn't be complaining. I'm also addicted to Gran Turismo so that would be the sole reason for wanting a PS3 if i didn't have all these problems w/ my xbox

I bought an Elite thinking it wouldn't break down, but it did, TRROD. Sent it and got it back a week later.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

I bought an Elite thinking it wouldn't break down, but it did, TRROD. Sent it and got it back a week later.
    Same here the elite was my 2nd one to break, luckily my friend had a 2nd xbox for some reason and he let me borrow his only to get the ring again. So now i'm 'boxless and playin GT4 on my ps2

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Same here the elite was my 2nd one to break, luckily my friend had a 2nd xbox for some reason and he let me borrow his only to get the ring again. So now i'm 'boxless and playin GT4 on my ps2
    PS2s are bulletproof. When they begin to fail with disc read errors all you gotta do is gently and carefully re-align the lense. It tends to warp a little because of the heat of the disc drive over time.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    omg liez
    oh noes...
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

PS2s are bulletproof. When they begin to fail with disc read errors all you gotta do is gently and carefully re-align the lense. It tends to warp a little because of the heat of the disc drive over time.
    I used to use my as a DVD player until it started erroring.. so I went back to using the old PC that's plugged into my tele.

I just got my PS3 back. It's slightly scuffed in the front, but in general the condition is way better than the one I sent in, so I'm not complaining.

Now I gotta reinstall all my games. Sucks. Bioshock takes 1 hour +. I beat it, so I'm not reinstalling it.

Ouch, that sucks.. does that mean you lose your saves when they get repaired? At least with the 360 you can hang onto the hard drive...

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Ouch, that sucks.. does that mean you lose your saves when they get repaired? At least with the 360 you can hang onto the hard drive...
    No, I backed up everything before I sent it in. So no, I don't lose my saves, I just need to reinstall every game. No big deal, it's just that every game install varies in time. Bioshock is one of the worst for the PS3 I think.

Thread Information