Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTA IV: The Lost and the Damned

i wasn't crazy about it at all. gta games get old quick to me. same kind crap over and over again, they are fun for a couple hours, then i just get sick of it.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Wow, I've never heard of anyone thinking this wasn't one of the best 360 games made, let alone bad...
    have you played many xbox games...?
    GTA IV was a 'so close yet so far' moment, same issues as far cry 2*.

*no, not developed by french dicks, i mean the other issues
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Been playing it for about 3-4 hours now and I gotta say I think it's well worth the asking price. The fact that its a lot easier to stay on your bike is a big improvement. The new weapons are quite cool and there are a few new features that are quite interesting. I'll give a more detailed review later on. In the meantime there's an IGN.com review here. I'm off out for a ruby.
    Last edited by Dantera22B; 02-18-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    It actually adds 4 new weapons.......a combat shotgun, a pistol grip shotgun, a grenade launcher, and a remote detonating pipebomb. The new single player story mode is supposed to tack on another 10 hours of gameplay as well.
    That brings back memories from the previous games.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I've just started playing thru some of the new story mode, and it seems pretty good so far. I like how they've tweaked the bike handling.....I avoided bikes at all cost previously.

Obviously anyone who wasn't very pleased or impressed with GTA4 originally probably shouldn't bother with this expansion. If you didn't like the game much before, the DLC won't change your mind. But anyone who enjoyed the game owes it to themselves to pick up this add-on. It is worth it.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 02-18-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    The new single player story mode is supposed to tack on another 10 hours of gameplay as well.
    oh god.
    rinse and repeat missions with "eez your cazan" phone calls inbetween?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    oh god.
    rinse and repeat missions with "eez your cazan" phone calls inbetween?
    I was just stating what the package is supposed to offer.....no one's putting a gun to your head to play it.

I don't go into threads concerning games I could care less about. No need to be snide and cranky because some ppl like a game that you do not.

no i liked freemode quite a lot, but not since they (apparently) disabled killing.
    was hoping for a zombie mode

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    no i liked freemode quite a lot, but not since they (apparently) disabled killing.
    was hoping for a zombie mode
    LMAO. I know what you're talking about...but they didn't disable killing. You have to watch out for hosted freemode games that have the Friendly Fire option turned off. I pulled my hair out thru several game sessions before I figured out that turning that option off basicly means that no one can die as the result of anyone else's direct actions (gunfire, explosives, running over with a car, etc...).

I now avoid games that have that option turned off........or I just start my own with my preferred settings and invite some friends.

Thread Information