Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boxster Bastard

The Boxster Bastard

So, I went out tonight with some old friends I haven’t seen in quite some time. While we were at a restaurant, one member of our party spotted someone they knew from class about to walk out the door; we’ll call this person John. They noticed each other and John came over to our table to introduce himself and converse for a bit. Well, John is the proud owner of a new Boxster. We know this because he brought it up to us out of the blue for no reason other than to boast. My opinion of John completely went south after this. I then began to realize that he was wearing an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt, he must tan a lot, and workout since his shirt was about to explode off of his ‘ripped’ chest; all characteristics that should point out that he has no class. His date was the typical good looking woman with no self respect because she even considered going on a date with this buffoon. Oh, and he didn’t open the door for her when they walked out.

The point I’m getting at is that he drives a Boxster and it seems inherit that all Boxster drivers that I have known or met have this narcissistic attribute about themselves. On a further note, I’ve always looked at a Boxster driver as some sort of would-be who couldn’t afford the 911 so they delayed gratification. When I was in high school I remember some kids that would swank about their father’s new “Porsh” (they didn’t take German apparently) Boxster and how it was so great and that meant they were someone now . I would just secretly laugh to myself about their immaturity; chances were their father’s didn’t pay cash anyway. I personally rate it one of the worst cars ever, due to driver characteristics (the STi and EVO also follow suit).

I’m curious to know of your feelings toward the Boxster, Boxster drivers, or just fops who drive decent cars in general.

BTW: I’m not trying to sound elitist at all; this guy was clearly a pig with no respect for women and the such.

if it came down to it, i'd most likely prefer a 968 CS or a 944 turbo (in a suitable colour though..) than a new boxster.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Well you pointed it out quite well, he owns a Boxster, so not matter how douchy he may be he'll feel desperate and inappropriate every time he sees a 911 and will think his life didn't turn out to be as good as he wanted it to.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

944 S2 or Turbo FTW!

I thought the driver characteristics of the Boxster rated it among the best drivers-cars, but you're maybe not into that?

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Well you pointed it out quite well, he owns a Boxster, so not matter how douchy he may be he'll feel desperate and inappropriate every time he sees a 911 and will think his life didn't turn out to be as good as he wanted it to.
    Why would that be? Does everybody need to buy the top of the line model to be deemed successful. If Porsche had the desire, they could have easily turned the Boxster into the superior car. Don't mix what is a perfectly fine car up with the idiots that might be driving them. Personally I would feel quite good driving a Cayman S alongside a 911, knowing that I got the better car from the same manufacturer for less money.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I then began to realize that he was wearing an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt,
    is that better than a diesel?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Why would that be? Does everybody need to buy the top of the line model to be deemed successful. If Porsche had the desire, they could have easily turned the Boxster into the superior car. Don't mix what is a perfectly fine car up with the idiots that might be driving them. Personally I would feel quite good driving a Cayman S alongside a 911, knowing that I got the better car from the same manufacturer for less money.
    Ditto.

If I had the money for a Turbo, I'd get a Cayman S and still never feel inadiquate. For that matter, with the leftover money, I could get an Exige, too.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I was quoting Clarkson about the DB9/DBS.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

My father owned a Boxter, and not really what I'd consider to be an ego stroker.

He wanted a Porsche, and was given it. Sold it after a year due to lack of practicality. Now looking for a nice Series 1 E Type...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

I would really like a Boxter/Cayman, even over a 911 (except a track toys like the GT3 RS, or the 996 GT2 mk1), but I must agree, a lot of Boxter's owners are a little...dumbs. Cayman's owners are a little better in general, I suppose it's the "roadster" thinghy that appeals usually people very into showing off.

something like that usually happens with owners of Audi A3 and BMW Series 1 (whatch out for Ferrer now!!!), espeacially because they usually are young folks, with the car payed by dad, and no brain at all. there are exceptions, obviously.
    Mini owners too (Ferrer!!!) are usually morons, simply because they buy the car just because it's cool and stylish, no matter if the car is really capable.

this obviously takes us to talk about SUV's owners. for as regards EU, they are all morons, period.
    not talking about NA people, quite a different situation about that.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    not talking about NA people, quite a different situation about that.
    Naturally Aspirated?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

This. It's like having a BMW, it's annoying to be associated with the twats that drive them, but honestly it's a good car so I don't care much.

Having said that while I'd be happy with a Boxster, if I could afford a 911 I'd buy one.

Oh and by the way Boxster drivers may be stupid, but big German SUVs drivers are way way worse.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Naturally Aspirated?
    yeah, not smoking ones...no, seriously, North America people
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

something like that usually happens with owners of Audi A3 and BMW Series 1 (whatch out for Ferrer now!!!), espeacially because they usually are young folks, with the car payed by dad, and no brain at all. there are exceptions, obviously.
    Mini owners too (Ferrer!!!) are usually morons, simply because they buy the car just because it's cool and stylish, no matter if the car is really capable.
    Don't worry I know that. But well, what can I do if twats buy good cars...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I should also add that I've specifily noticed it with people who have the lower end (if you will) sports cars; those who are really trying hard to be someone they think will impress. My good friends' father drove a 355 when we were growing up. He was a great guy. Also, there were family friends/business relations when I was living at home who drove Turbo's, SL500's, 360's, 430's, and such; they were genuinely kind people and weren't about show (for the most part). Granted I've ran into those who have a lot who were complete jerks too. I'm just pointing out that from my experience, most Boxster drivers were those who were just trying way to hard to impress and that's how I've stereo-typed them when I see a Boxster driver.

this obviously takes us to talk about SUV's owners. for as regards EU, they are all morons, period.
    Oh my, don't get me started on Escalade soccer mom's, the most class-less of women.

Thread Information