Page 466 of 536 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    the car is a bucket of shit irrespective of how many doors it has.
    Shhh, you'll upset David, and his was an Auto!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Nothing particularly interesting

9 dollar bucket of golf balls at the driving range
    12 dollar large pizza down the street from the range
    4 pack of delirium tremens and a 4 pack of guinness draught
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Do tell how much disc space you've got after intalling it, mine shows has a 465gb disc with 400gb free. Only with the PS3 3.15 firmware installed.
    I have the exact same amount, but it was 400gb left after the 13gb of files I transferred from the old hard drive.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17 View Post
    I have the exact same amount, but it was 400gb left after the 13gb of files I transferred from the old hard drive.
    That's what i thought to, like Matra and Pimento said 500 turns out to be about 465gb, so we must assume that the PS3 firmware file system takes out about 50GB, wich is a bit to much.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

^^^ 10% overhead is about the norm for ANY decent file system.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Speaking of, bought these together for 19.90€ Yay!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

you're gonna absolutely love fallout.

Bike shop gave me a $190 discount off of list price and threw in a 20% off of all accessories.

Any cyclists on here? I heard somebody was building a bike a while back; wonder how that went?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post

Bike shop gave me a $190 discount off of list price and threw in a 20% off of all accessories.

Any cyclists on here? I heard somebody was building a bike a while back; wonder how that went?
    henk bikes as does Cyco.

How much was your bike? Is it one of those uh, hybrid bikes that are somewhere in between mountain bike and road bike?

One of my friends took up biking seriously last season - he bought himself a used road bike for 1 grand - I think it was 5 grand new, then he bought (I could be wrong) those aerodynamic carbon fibre wheels. My bike hasn't been ridden in years and is just POS mountain bike. Served me well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    henk bikes as does Cyco.

How much was your bike? Is it one of those uh, hybrid bikes that are somewhere in between mountain bike and road bike?

One of my friends took up biking seriously last season - he bought himself a used road bike for 1 grand - I think it was 5 grand new, then he bought (I could be wrong) those aerodynamic carbon fibre wheels. My bike hasn't been ridden in years and is just POS mountain bike. Served me well though.
    Ah good to know that at least somebody on here has considered other means of transportation.

It was originally $640+ and it dropped down to $450 ($190; I can do math so the public school system hasn't failed me yet.) I actually thought about getting a hybrid, but this is a full-on mountain bike; bought it given the situation, what with the massive discount. Kinda wasted given that most of the riding I do is urban but that's only because I haven't found a car yet. There is some nasty terrain around here; maybe I'll go look for something fun.

I was torn between the Kona Dew, Kona Smoke and the KHS Urban Express. Good and practical for my needs, but the Dew wasn't in my size, the Smoke had bad shifters, and the Urban Express was nice, but I wanted more flexibility and my uncle recommended Specialized.

Yeah, your friend's bike is a pricey thing. Road bikes are a bit like the sports cars of the bike world; upgrades are there but they'll usually cost armloads of money even with massive savings. As long as your bike works it's good, but my bikes have never worked so I said: "F-k it, I'm getting something a bit better."
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

We were looking at a website that had a database of bike parts searchable by price. We found some very expensive and ridiculous carbon fibre parts for tiny parts on the bike. The amount of money you can spend shaving off a few grams here and there is absolutely insane.

Beach tomorrow, weather is just got back to gorgeous in Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post

Congratulations. I've been happy with both the specialized bikes I've had. Years ago I had the bottom level rockhopper until it got stolen. By then I'd gotten into single tracking with my friends so I got an XC Pro in 2005 wich is what I'm still riding. Got mine at a discount, too. A lot of the time in the fall bike stores will offer discounts because the new models are coming out, so I waited until then and got it $300 off and they paid taxes. If you're ever in my neck of the woods let me know and I'll show you some of the local trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Beach tomorrow, weather is just got back to gorgeous in Florida!
    I demand pictures.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The amount of money you can spend shaving off a few grams here and there is absolutely insane.
    My cousin who races pro has a $5k bike and its cheap for its class. Umm a recent purchase is Genesis - We Can't Dance cd, Hidden Empire - Orson Scott Card book, and 50 feet of speaker wire. I am probably the only person in Colorado with a 4.1 sound system Not for home theatre I guess.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

I bought some 1-inch dowel and fixed my wardrobe! Oh the exciting life I lead!
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information