Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Belgian GP

Maybe the TV cameras didn't catch the incident, otherwise they would've shown a replay by now surely.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Sometimes I suspect Montoya is on Renaults payroll.
    btw, Monteiro is 8th, he might be getting points, lol!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

I don't think they caught the complete incident, just the aftermath
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    Montiero in the points.. lol!
    Lol, you beat me to it!
    - Are YOU listed? -

Good race by Kimi, too bad Alonso sort of secured his victory anyway.
    Edit: Button 3rd, Webber 4th... quite surprisingly.
    - Are YOU listed? -

all over...KR only taken 2 points out of FA's lead. Massa could have been on the podium. Ralf could have won the race...Mclaren could have got their first 1,2 in 4 years(?) MS was fastest man on the track after his pitstops, could have been something to watch.
    overall a good race IMO. Spa never disappoints

BTW Scary Mary is hilarious lol

EDIT: Klien set the fastest final sector of the race on the final lap lol

Being nice since 2007.

Finally a race worth watching, enjoyed it except for the fact that the coverage seemed very limited. They obviously don't have enough cameras or something, because I was severely dissapointed by the amount of missed incidents. Firstly there was RS changing onto slicks, of which they showed the pit stop, then cut away to simple driving by JPM, whilst RS was slipping and sliding all over the track, and then they just showed a replay of him bouncing around. Then came the crash by Trulli, of which I was debree and a car lying in the gravel, but not even a hint of a replay, of something which looked to be a rather nasty crash. THEN came MW, who changed to slicks also, and instead of watching the lap which give him a massive advantage, they cut you JPM and/or KR doing another boring lap, and then announcing that MW was doing great times. THEN came the incident between JPM and Pizzonia(?), of which the only thing that the camera captured was two cars which had JUST collided, and moving towards a barrier. They honestly need to get more cameras or something out there, or at least change the setup of their race coverage, because I was rather bored during some of those moments where something more exciting was happening.

On the good side though, this was finally a race with some good racing, which (for some part) didn't rely on the tyres. Although the inters sure helped, almost everyone seemed to be on an even playing field for once, which made the whole race a lot more exciting as compared to the last race. On the note of Sato and MS, I'm pissed :P! I'm a Ferrari/MS fan, and that was (in my eyes) entirely Sato's fault.

Congrats to KR for winning, and well done to Alonso for second, he's a deserving winner (I know, I'm predicting ) for this year's championship. Also I believe that Webber deserves a big hand for doing so well, finishing for his best result ever in 4th. It's a pity some of the real contenders were taken out of the race, but that does seem to make to race that much more exciting. I actually enjoyed this one.

EDIT: On a side note, does anyone else think that Karthikayan should have gotten a drive-thru for a gained position even though he flew across the grass? I believe that was a rather stupid attempted move in the first place, trying to pass on the outside, and then instead of taking the track he just bounced and flew a bit, and ended up in front... It seemed like an illegal overtaking manouvre to me...
    Also, does anyone know what actually happened to Trulli?? I still have no idea, it seemed to have been entirely missed...
    Last edited by Sauc3; 09-11-2005 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    Also, does anyone know what actually happened to Trulli?? I still have no idea, it seemed to have been entirely missed...
    Trulli's incident was completely missed by an camera as far as I know. Not even the commentators knew what had happened. All we saw was the car in the wall..

Being nice since 2007.

Was a good entertaining race to watch, I was sitting back and was happy in the end.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    Trulli's incident was completely missed by an camera as far as I know. Not even the commentators knew what had happened. All we saw was the car in the wall..
    What confuses me about the lack of cameras is the fact that all of the cars have cameras mounted on the roll-hoop. If none of the trackside cameras manage to capture the incidents then surely they can bring up the onboard footage, that would give at least some idea of what happened.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    What confuses me about the lack of cameras is the fact that all of the cars have cameras mounted on the roll-hoop. If none of the trackside cameras manage to capture the incidents then surely they can bring up the onboard footage, that would give at least some idea of what happened.
    not sure now, but a few years back Bernie maintained complete control over which of the car camera shots would be provided to the TV producers.

Unless of course you were a private subscriber to his to-be-launched digital TV service and then the plan was the viewer could pick any one to watch.

The idea fell by the wayside when the bubble burst on the German media company but what's the bet Bernie still restricts it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well although we still haven't seen the incident it looks as though Pizza boy is the man to blame for the incident. Although he himself seems to be trying to blame Montoya (see article here), but clearly the race stewards don't agree. He has been fined for his part in the incident. Just looks like McLaren are cursed this season!

Sato has also been quite rightly punished for punting Schumi off at La Source. He will have an ten-place grid penalty for Interlagos in two weeks time. Details of the punishments here.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Sato has also been quite rightly punished for punting Schumi off at La Source. He will have an ten-place grid penalty for Interlagos in two weeks time. Details of the punishments here.
    10 places? I think they should let him set the quickest laps of the race and drive something into the back of him when he's got his hopes up lol

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    Also I believe that Webber deserves a big hand for doing so well, finishing for his best result ever in 4th.
    It wasnt his best result so to speak, just his first 4th. He got 3rd at Monaco earlier in the year behind Heidfeld
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    It wasnt his best result so to speak, just his first 4th. He got 3rd at Monaco earlier in the year behind Heidfeld
    My apologies, that's correct. Forgot about Monaco. In that case, I'd like to congratulate on his second highest result ever .

Thread Information