Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Audi R15 TDI

Apparently from the interview when the "leaked" R15 pic was out, that Audi mentioned that their wing have been mounted in that fashion since late last year. I think the original Acura pics(also leaked) before they had the 2009 wing shows traditional mounting.

Much like F1, when you are given a tight enough constraint to work with you probably will optimize toward the same path...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I am surprised they lengthen the wheelbase....a sign maybe to the new car designed even more optimized for Le Mans, while less "distracted" by the need of the twistier US circuits....IMO at Sebring(and if Audi is doing it, Petit), that the Acura might not be such a unlikely dominant car, certainly the philosophy of the design seems to place a premium over the need of US tracks. The question is if High Croft or De Ferran Racing are up to the standard of Audi. It'll be interesting to see too if Peugeot managed to get more speed(or have saved some potential)out of now the 3 years old platform...

Amidst of all the crisis in the real world its good to know we potentially could have 2, perhaps 3 classic sportscar races this year....
    Sebring has been Audi's second spiritual home of sorts but, they have won there most years since the days of the R8, i think it odd they would turn away from that. the longer wheelbase i agree would suit the faster tracks such as the Sarthe but it should still be quite managable through the twisty stuff. Audi have been doing this for long enoiugh and they have a lot of people getting payed a lot of money working to keep their cars on their winning ways

And agreed, some good racing is to come this year, dare i say not just in this but F1 also... looks to be a good year all round
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Well certainly the laptimes are showing that Audi is still blisteringly quick....I do have a theory though, R10 if anything, from words of the drivers, was a tricky car to drive. Lots of power with a lively rear, perhaps they figure they have balance to spare with even longer wheelbase to reign in the dominant power characteristic of the diesel engine...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information