Thread: Abarth 695 Competizione

Abarth 695 Competizione

Abarth 695 Competizione

In line with the philosophy that has identified Abarth for fifty years - the transfer of racing experience to the on-road car market and making the world of racing accessible - the Abarth 695 Competizione is born, the first "street legal" Scorpion racing car. This double-seat car best expresses a concept used to a great extent in the past, which connoted the Abarths as cars designed for the road but with the goal of being easily used on the track as well. It is for true sports car lovers as it has the track in its DNA and the road in its heart.

Inspired by the Abarth 500 Assetto Corsa, the exterior of the car flaunts an exclusive Grigio Competizione Opaco livery, embellished by a livery of racing appeal that however forgoes strong colour contrasts in favour of a refined tone-on-tone effect.

But the main distinguishing element is inside. Like a real racing car, this is a two seater in which the rear seats are replaced by a roll bar the same Grigio Competizione Opaco shade as the bodywork. In this way the car acquires additional sporting character because the roll bar decreases its weight, making it even better performing. The space left empty by the seats sports a trim reminiscent of the almond of the racing cars, which continues into the boot. The Abarth 695 Competizione has "Abarth Corsa by Sabelt" seats in black leather with Alcantara® red inserts and a carbon fibre shell and seat base. Red stitchings, "695" logo and "competizione" graphics respectively embroidered on the headrest and backrest further enrich the seats.

The black leather steering wheel is characterised by a tricolour hub and red inserts, and is fitted with 5-speed "Abarth Competizione" gearshift paddles, while the instrument panel is specially made by Jaeger. The carbon dashboard contains the Abarth Blue&MeTM MAP satellite navigation unit with a telemetric function developed in conjunction with Magneti Marelli and, on the central console, the chrome plate with sequential numbering to demonstrate the exclusivity of the Limited Edition version.

Attention to detail has also been given to the racing pedals, which are personalised with the Scorpion logo. Finally, the interior is also embellished with the carbon running board with "695 Competizione" graphics in a satin aluminium finish.

This special series is also equipped with Xenon headlights with dipped and main beam functions for improved light emission and excellent efficiency under all weather conditions. The 17" rims whose design is borrowed from the "Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari", matching the body, and Brembo brake calipers and hub cap, both red, complete the aesthetic features of the exterior.
    In keeping with its racing vocation, the Abarth 695 Competizione is equipped with a 1.4 Turbo T-Jet 16v engine - tuned to develop more than 180 HP - combined with the "Abarth Competizione" gearbox, an electromechanical gearbox with race-inspired steering wheel controls that makes full use of the engine's performance by reducing gearshift times. In detail, this transmission has two operating modes: "Street" with automatic gearbox and "Track" where shifting is instead manual, in line with the car's vocation, "Sunday on the track, Monday at the office".

As on the 695 Tributo Ferrari, the suspension and braking systems have also been further strengthened to cope with the extra power: Brembo 305 mm disc brakes that can be dismantled with fixed four-piston caliper disc and special shock absorbers that guarantee performance in total safety. And of course there is a "Record Monza" variable back-pressure "dual mode" exhaust, designed to improve engine performance and sound over 3,000 rpm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'll take it!

Can I get it in manual? I'll still take it, but I like my hot-hatches w/ a clutch.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Thread Information