Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG (W164) 2006-2011

Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG (W164) 2006-2011

The Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG sets a new standard in the sporty off-roader segment. The new top-of-the–range model in the M-Class goes straight to the top of the competitive lineup with its 375 kW/510 hp AMG 6.3-litre V8-engine. This new off-roader developed by Mercedes-AMG stands for sportiness and dynamism at the highest level, while its exclusive appointments meet even the most demanding requirements. The ML 63 AMG celebrates its world premiere at the 61st International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt/Main, and will be launched during the second quarter of 2006.

The powerful heart of a high-performance athlete beats beneath the bonnet of the ML 63 AMG: as a completely new and autonomous development by Mercedes-AMG, the AMG 6.3-litre V8-engine generates an output of 375 kW/510 hp at 6800 rpm and a maximum torque of 630 Newton metres at 5200 rpm; this makes the new AMG powerpack the world’s most powerful naturally aspirated eight-cylinder engine in regular production.

This unique combination of a high engine speed concept and a large displacement enables the best of both worlds to be achieved: outstanding liveliness accompanied by powerful torque from low engine speeds. The driver of the ML 63 AMG experiences the decidedly sporty character of the new AMG V8-engine in the form of great agility and dynamic responsiveness in all engine speed ranges.

No other off-roader in the direct competitive lineup has a larger displacement and output than the new ML 63 AMG. The AMG 6.3-litre V8-engine provides the performance levels of a sports car, with acceleration from zero to 100 km/h in just 5.0 seconds and a maximum speed of 250 km/h (electronically limited). Compared to the preceding ML 55 AMG with 255 kW/347 hp and 510 Newton metres, the new ML 63 AMG generates 46 percent more output and 23 percent more torque.

Power transfer in the top M-Class model is via an AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7G-TRONIC automatic transmission with a DIRECT SELECT shift lever mounted by the steering wheel. Three shift modes specially configured for the sporty performance characteristics of the AMG V8-engine ensure that the power is used to best effect. These shift modes - "S" (Sport), "C" (Comfort) and "M" (Manual) – are selected using a switch in the centre console and differ in their gearshift characteristics and speed.

As in a Formula 1 racing car, the seven gears can be changed using the gearshift buttons on the AMG ergonomic sports steering wheel. The permanent four-wheel drive of the ML 63 AMG is also decidedly sporty in nature: in the interests of the best possible agility and performance on bends, the generous power of the AMG V8-engine is distributed to the front and rear axles on a 40:60 basis. A specially strengthened drive train ensures an optimal power transfer and the reliability typical of a Mercedes.

AMG sports suspension and AMG high-performance braking system

The AMG sports suspension based on AIRMATIC ensures high cornering speeds, precise directional stability and low levels of body roll while providing excellent long-distance comfort. The air suspension features AMG-specific damper struts and the specially configured adaptive damping system ADS. A level control system automatically lowers the suspension at higher speeds.

Road contact is via high-sheen 19-inch AMG light-alloy wheels in a 5-spoke design. Fitted with 295/45 R 19 wide-base tyres all-round, this wheel/tyre combination not only impresses with its muscular appearance, but also ensures that the sporty performance is translated to the road. High-sheen 20-inch AMG light-alloy wheels in a five-spoke design with 295/40 R 20 wide-base tyres are available as an option. The shortest possible braking distances are guaranteed by the generously dimensioned AMG high-performance braking system behind the AMG light-alloy wheels, which features internally ventilated and indented brake discs all-round.

Striking appearance with AMG styling and flared wings

Wide, muscular, with a broad stance and poised to leap forward – the visual appearance of the new ML 63 AMG immediately confirms its special position in the range. The athletic design of this powerful off-roader is characterised by its striking AMG styling with a front and rear apron, an AMG-specific radiator grille, flared wings, stainless steel running boards with rubber studs and tinted rear lights. Both visually and acoustically, the AMG sports exhaust system with two chrome-plated twin tail-pipes emphasises the power and dynamism of the top-of-the-range model in the M-Class.

Dynamically designed interior with exclusive standard appointments

Sportiness is also the order of the day in the interior of the ML 63 AMG. The exclusive interior features include AMG sports seats with nappa leather upholstery, alcantara inserts in the shoulder areas, a multicontour function and heating, the AMG ergonomic leather sports steering wheel with gearshift buttons, AMG door sills and stainless steel sports pedals with rubber studs. The AMG instrument cluster is equally dynamic with its AMG-specific lettering, red needles and 320 km/h speedometer scale.

The ML 63 AMG also meets the highest requirements in terms of safety: standard safety features include the preventive occupant protection system PRE-SAFE®, crash-responsive NECK-PRO head restraints in the first seat row, adaptive, two-stage airbags for the driver and front passenger, front sidebags, windowbags and belt tensioners and belt force limiters for all the seats. After its world premiere at the International Automobile Show (IAA) in Frankfurt/Main, the ML 63 AMG will be officially launched during the second quarter of 2006.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Jesus. Mercedes are really stepping up the game arent they.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Those performance figures are insane! Apart from the back (which looks awesome), the front end looks too busy, too many separate shapes and bits. They should tidy that up a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Jesus. Mercedes are really stepping up the game arent they.
    They are stepping up the game performance wise, but IMHO not in any visual way. The new S class they just brought out is incredibly ugly. The new E concept, (i think it's a concept) is absolutly terrible. They have lost visual 100% in my mind. At least on sedans, the CLK is crap too. I don't really mind the SUV featured in this thread tho.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Ridiculous, pointless, etc. It will be expensive, gas guzzling and shitty at handling. It's a more streamlined, more dangerous version of the Hummer H2. No thanks!

Well a Big mistake that i can see on this Suv is that it still has the same look like anyother ML

not like BMW did with the BMW 4.8l u can directly distingush it from any other X5 and that is a gr8 thing cause while driving people will admire and respect what ur in...
    lets say im in the Ml63 i payed for it like 15 grand more than the other Ml and people wont even notice it.. WHY??? should have changed it a bit other than stiking 2 extra (mufls) i dont know its real name but i think its that)

Heinous.

I love it
    ________
    The Legend Condo Pattaya
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:38 PM.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Just preserve the old G55 AMG dammit. No need to waste your time on this. I don't mind an extra 0.5 in the 0-60. That was a real bar of Gold amongst the chocolate.

Is there any need? the G55 is already a rocketship of a car

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    That was a real bar of Gold amongst the chocolate.
    I disagree with the G55/this being cool, but everyone has a different perspective on things. You live in a place where gas is cheaper than urine

The G55 was cool because it was the last hope of the good ol' days of Mercedes, when they were carved from solid blocks of Granite as JC puts it. Now Mercs are pieces of plastic put together with superglue.

Mercedes officially sucks now.

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    Well a Big mistake that i can see on this Suv is that it still has the same look like anyother ML
    that's exactly why i like AMG... they keep visual mods to the minimum...
    i love sleepers.... SLK55 or C55.... ^_^

but then i'm not a big fan of the new ML... too much going on at the front..

new pics!

and the last

Thread Information