Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maserati A8GCS Berlinetta Touring

Maserati A8GCS Berlinetta Touring

A8GCS Berlinetta Touring

There couldn’t be a better scenario than the 2008 Villa d’Este Concours d’Elegance for the debut of the stylish A8GCS Berlinetta Touring prototype, a berlinetta Gt marking the return of the famous Milan coachbuilders, among the leaders of the Italian automotive school.

Based on the Maserati Coupé GranSport mechanics, the A8GCS Berlinetta Touring represents the high performance sports car concept, with small dimensions, state-of-the-art constructive technology and perfect stylish synthesis between factory tradition and advanced aesthetic criteria. The new A8GCS Berlinetta Touring has been designed by the young Belgian designer Louis de Fabribeckers, in charge of the Touring styling department.

The A8GCS Berlinetta Touring lines are not affected by time or fashion: the car is characterized by a soft aggressiveness originated by the perfect balance between the front end, directly derived from competitions, and the harmonious and fluent flanks reminding of the extraordinary Alfa Romeo, Isotta Fraschini and Lancia Flying Star of the Thirties, an exceptional series created by Touring and still considered the best interpretation of Marinetti and Boccioni’s Futurism.

The Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera style is first expressed through perfecly balanced volumes (reduced front overhang, front central engine and large rear overhang). The result is a dynamic form that doesn’t need a lowered waistline. Moreover, the horizontal development of lines create a natural elegance.

The sporty look of the car is underlined by the combination between bonnet and front grille. An element dashing forward the other volumes. Hence the lateral lines of the body: the lower line ends on the rear wheelarch and the upper line dissolves in the rear end of the car. Together they create a dynamic sail shape, as on Flying Stars.

Of course, also the most successful car design is not enough to make an alive and complete object. It must be combined with excellent dynamic qualities, derived from state-of-the-art technical solutions. For the prototype A8GCS Berlinetta Touring, Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera studied and designed a body in advanced composite materials, able to give the car lightness, structural strenght and performance typical of top granturismo and obviously respecting all international safety and environmental rules. The result is clear: the style protoype A8GCS Berlinetta Touring is able to enter small series production, gaining immediately a top place among the best sports cars.

For further information: Patrizio Cantù, press officer, tel +39 335 6205988

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached is the PDF with the technical specification.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thanks, Ferrer!!
    Great designs... Yes, and the wheels - they look fantastic.
    Last edited by faksta; 05-04-2008 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Thanks, Ferrer!!
    Great designs... Yes, and the wheels - they look fantastic.
    I'm not sure about the wheels.

Other than that aboslutely fantastic.
    Visca Catalunya!

Stunning. Finally a new Maserati that looks great rather than just good.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

the wheels are original borranis! they're epic if you ask me. the same dutch holding that revived carrozzeria, did the same with borrani two years ago. so we can remain calm about the nearest future of the brand
    12 cylinders or walk!

One has to wonder, just how much do these classic wire wheels affect handling?

It's great! Even the wheels!

But the most important part is the low weight coming at just 1200kgs
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    One has to wonder, just how much do these classic wire wheels affect handling?
    you really think it'd affect much...? i think they're rather stiff, and light undoubtly. besides, this car is more of a great sculpture than a sportscar...
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    you really think it'd affect much...? i think they're rather stiff, and light undoubtly. besides, this car is more of a great sculpture than a sportscar...
    Fortunately Carrozzeria Touring is far more ambitious...
    ...Of course, also the most successful car design is not enough to make an alive and complete object. It must be combined with excellent dynamic qualities, derived from state-of-the-art technical solutions. For the prototype A8GCS Berlinetta Touring, Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera studied and designed a body in advanced composite materials, able to give the car lightness, structural strenght and performance typical of top granturismo and obviously respecting all international safety and environmental rules. The result is clear: the style protoype A8GCS Berlinetta Touring is able to enter small series production, gaining immediately a top place among the best sports.
    ...state-of-the-art technical solutions...

Wired wheel is yesterdays technology, isn't it? Sure, they do look great, but can they "hold true" under the forces created by a modern sportscar? What about aerodynamic efficiency?

IIRC, the last manufacturer using wired wheels was Cadillac in the 1980s. Not exactly a benchmark in handling, is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Fortunately Carrozzeria Touring is far more ambitious...

...state-of-the-art technical solutions...

Wired wheel is yesterdays technology, isn't it? Sure, they do look great, but can they "hold true" under the forces created by a modern sportscar? What about aerodynamic efficiency?

IIRC, the last manufacturer using wired wheels was Cadillac in the 1980s. Not exactly a benchmark in handling, is it.
    I'm sure you'll be able to replace them if you want. Or possibly order different ones.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Bellagio also has Borrani wheels, so I am sure they can supply modern wheels as well.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

It's nice, but it's not nearly as nice as the actual Maserati GranTourismo.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

ah..and actually that ^ is true

Quote Originally Posted by orne View Post
    But the most important part is the low weight coming at just 1200kgs
    unfortunately, this is just a prevision, since this car is actually a big and beautiful piece of wood/gypsum apart from the wheels and the lights.
    maybe it won't be so lightweight, but not so far from 1400 kg or even 1300 removing the rear seats and shortening the chassis i guess.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    unfortunately, this is just a prevision, since this car is actually a big and beautiful piece of wood/gypsum apart from the wheels and the lights.
    maybe it won't be so lightweight, but not so far from 1400 kg or even 1300 removing the rear seats and shortening the chassis i guess.
    Indeed, but even that when compared to it's cousing, the 8C Competizione which weighs more than 1500 kgs can be considered quite positive.

But well, it's only a prediction so it could be a disappointment in that respect...
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

Thread Information