Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi Q7 facelift Officially revealed

Audi Q7 facelift Officially revealed

This Audi Q7 was launched last 2006 and it quickly managed to become one of the toughest competitors in the luxury SUV market, where it has rivals like the Mercedes Benz ML or the BMW X5. And as of today, the German car maker announced a mid-life facelift for their SUV, which will go on sale later this year, as a 2010 model. The car, beside having new styling, also comes with more fuel efficient engines, including the 3.0 TDI engine, “the world’s cleanest diesel”.

Exterior changes include a restyled front end with new large single-frame radiator grille featuring vertical chrome bars contrasting the black high-gloss finish, restyled bumpers, newly integrated underbody protection with a distinctive ribbed design, new adaptive-light system with U-shaped LED daytime running lights (LED technology is also used for the front blinkers).

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    OH MY GOD!!!!! a thread not started by cargirl1990! As for the Audi, urgh, they should bin the big fat thing. It's utterly pointless (because it's diesel and fat) and who the hell is going to buy something like that when theres the cheaper, slightly more compact Audi Q5 to steal sales from the Q7?
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by W.R. View Post
    It's utterly pointless (because it's diesel and fat)
    Could you please explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by W.R. View Post
    who the hell is going to buy something like that when theres the cheaper, slightly more compact Audi Q5 to steal sales from the Q7?
    As far as I know, the Q7 has greater off-road abilities than the Q5 - not that anyone is going to drive an Audi QX out of the tarmac.

Apparently the boot and some other parts are now aluminium. So that weight has been reduced to just 6 tons.
    Quote Originally Posted by M_M View Post
    Could you please explain that?
    Because you could do about the same in a big diesel estate.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Apparently the boot and some other parts are now aluminium. So that weight has been reduced to just 6 tons.

Because you could do about the same in a big diesel estate.
    Or better Albert: You could use the £60k you'd spend on one of these monstrosities to buy a £40k PETROL estate and get a nicer car. You'd have to drive a diesel for the rest of your life to make-up the difference in running costs!!!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Or better Albert: You could use the £60k you'd spend on one of these monstrosities to buy a £40k PETROL estate and get a nicer car. You'd have to drive a diesel for the rest of your life to make-up the difference in running costs!!!
    You'd spend £60k on one of these? Blimey. No wonder you're going wrong. That's a 4.2TDI with a shed-load of ticked boxes.

Also, the main reason someone would take a Q7 over a Q5 would surely be the 7 seats?!
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 04-16-2009 at 05:07 AM. Reason: typo.

I'm not going to post an image of the rear. that's ugly.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

O course, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    You'd spend £60k on one of these? Blimey. No wonder you're going wrong. That's a 4.2TDI with a shed-load of ticked boxes.

Also, the main reason someone would take a Q7 over a Q5 would surely be the 7 seats?!
    If you need 7 seats there's the Ford S-Max for that. Or if you have a complex of inferiority (no offense Damiano ) the Merc R-Class.
    Visca Catalunya!

O course, of course.

If you need 7 seats there's the Ford S-Max for that. Or if you have a complex of inferiority (no offense Damiano ) the Merc R-Class.
    no offence
    I still think it would be a perfect car to trail a GTAm to the track with some spare parts

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    You'd spent £60k on one of these? Blimey. No wonder you're going wrong.
    Lol! What I meant was that some people spend £60k (and more) on these.

Personally, I have to admit, I don't find them offensive at all. I can actually see the appeal of that big, comfortable interior and an effortless drive. They are monstrous in the sense that they're completely unnecessary, though. Just as unnecessary as perhaps, a Ferrari.

Also, before someone else bangs on about what's kinder to the environment, can I just point out that most of us would spend this money on a sports car that will pollute just as much and be far less practical to boot.

In fact, if we insist that such things are restricted, banned or priced off the roads, has it not occurred to some of you that our beloved sports cars will go along with them?

Food for thought.

It's just that, unless I needed to go off road, or needed 7 seats, I personally wouldn't buy a 4x4. I'd rather spend the same on a sporty saloon/estate AND a sports car (for £60k you could buy a Jaguar XF AND a Maserati 3200, for example!).

Lol! What I meant was that some people spend £60k (and more) on these.

Personally, I have to admit, I don't find them offensive at all. I can actually see the appeal of that big, comfortable interior and an effortless drive. They are monstrous in the sense that they're completely unnecessary, though. Just as unnecessary as perhaps, a Ferrari.

Also, before someone else bangs on about what's kinder to the environment, can I just point out that most of us would spend this money on a sports car that will pollute just as much and be far less practical to boot.

In fact, if we insist that such things are restricted, banned or priced off the roads, has it not occurred to some of you that our beloved sports cars will go along with them?

Food for thought.

It's just that, unless I needed to go off road, or needed 7 seats, I personally wouldn't buy a 4x4. I'd rather spend the same on a sporty saloon/estate AND a sports car (for £60k you could buy a Jaguar XF AND a Maserati 3200, for example!).
    But why would you want a big SUV when a big estate or an MPV does the same job of big comfy interior and relaxed drive but is much better to drive, faster, handles better and uses less fuel?
    Visca Catalunya!

most of its sales are probably in america.....
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

But why would you want a big SUV when a big estate or an MPV does the same job of big comfy interior and relaxed drive but is much better to drive, faster, handles better and uses less fuel?
    Personally, if I needed 7 seats, I'd rather drive a traditional SUV than a traditional MPV (even the "sporty" ones). I hate the "mumsy" look and feel of most MPVs...and proportionally they look disastrous!

Car companies have realised that many feel this way and therefore have started creating vehicles that don't look like MPVs but don't handle / drink / go like old-school 4x4s.

Arguably, some new SUAMPVXYZwhatevers aren't really off-roaders at all, despite AWD. Also...they are actually getting more efficient and better to drive.

- What I'd really want though would be a decent looking (i.e. not a 307/8), good to drive 7-seat estate car (as rare as hens teeth nowadays!).

Personally, if I needed 7 seats, I'd rather drive a traditional SUV than a traditional MPV (even the "sporty" ones). I hate the "mumsy" look and feel of most MPVs...and proportionally they look disastrous!

Car companies have realised that many feel this way and therefore have started creating vehicles that don't look like MPVs but don't handle / drink / go like old-school 4x4s.

Arguably, some new SUAMPVXYZwhatevers aren't really off-roaders at all, despite AWD. Also...they are actually getting more efficient and better to drive.

- What I'd really want though would be a decent looking (i.e. not a 307/8), good to drive 7-seat estate car (as rare as hens teeth nowadays!).
    I personally quite like the S-Max.

But that aside, I still can't agree with you. I don't a wasteful car that handles badly and is slower than a car. No matter how good SUVs get they simply won't be as good as a proper car. And you say MPVs have a mumsy look. Fair, but I don't want a vehicle that makes me look like and asshole which has a small penis either.

The 7 seat estate is a nice idea, but as you say you don't get many options these days, so I'd stick with an MPV.
    Visca Catalunya!

I personally quite like the S-Max.

But that aside, I still can't agree with you. I don't a wasteful car that handles badly and is slower than a car. No matter how good SUVs get they simply won't be as good as a proper car. And you say MPVs have a mumsy look. Fair, but I don't want a vehicle that makes me look like and asshole which has a small penis either.

The 7 seat estate is a nice idea, but as you say you don't get many options these days, so I'd stick with an MPV.
    Mercedes-Benz R-Klasse LULZ
    bigger than an estate, more comfortable (single seats) less pointless than a SUVBKUVK, not really cheaper and frugal, just a little.

besides, yeah, a Ferrari pollutes more than a Q7. but a 60.000 € sports car no, at all. Without even considering an Elise, even a 350Z pollutes less.
    and don't you dare to say it isn't better than any SUV or Niko would kill you .

Thread Information