Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audi Q7 facelift Officially revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    For what reason? (Would I pick one over the Q7 which i prefer I mean)
    Because it's a better drive, faster and more frugal. It's probably more comfortable too.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Because it's a better drive, faster and more frugal. It's probably more comfortable too.
    But I prefer the interior of the Q7, although the R-Class will likely have better middle + rear seats, as well as the exterior. The combined figure is also 30.4mpg (I think), and we all know that won't happen, because combined figures never are reached. My mum gets 28mpg from her pre-facelift Q7, and I doubt the R320 CDI (the alternative) would get any better.

Do you buy an R-Class or Q7 for speed? You want enough to get you around places, so yeah, R320 over R280, but you still don't need anything too rapid. 8.5seconds to 60 for the Q7 3.0TDI isn't bad at all, compared to 8.7 0.62 for the R-Class, so they're pretty much the same in that respect.

Then you need a Merc R-Class.
    The R-Class is horrible, both in terms of looks and build quality.

I used to think these big SUVs were useless until my friend and his wife had twins, now, between car seats and dipper bags and strollers, their Volvo XC-70 is full to the brim just to go to dinner at his parents' house.

Well what about MPVs? They don't sell any in the US that aren't complete crap to drive and ugly as well. Also most of them aren't AWD, which if you live in many parts of the US you need.

Well what about estates (station wagons)? The American estate cars are crap, few Japanese companies make them, few are AWD and MB and Audi have gone for a more stylish look and aren't that roomy in the cargo area.

I used to REALLY hate SUVs, but now I'm starting to understand them. However, I'd still like to see more diesel versions made available for the US and more Americans buy them.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Well what about MPVs? They don't sell any in the US that aren't complete crap to drive and ugly as well. Also most of them aren't AWD, which if you live in many parts of the US you need.
    I think proper tires are far more important than four wheel drive for slippery conditions.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think proper tires are far more important than four wheel drive for slippery conditions.
    I can vouch for this. I drove FWD where I used to live which had brutal winters from late November to early February. It was bad to drive with slick tires, but the all weather tires made driving so much easier. No more sliding through the intersection at a stop light.

The front wheel drive S80 with studded tires we had when we went to the Swedish Rally did just fine. We even crossed a lake with it and roads were usually covered with snow and ice.
    Visca Catalunya!

Proper tires and 4WD... That's beneficial, my man.

One is good, both are better.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Erm. The whole point of the facelift thread is to use the facelifted data . New Q7 3.0 is 8.9l/100km while the 4.2TDI is 9.9l/100km. So it's cleaner than the 911. If you need a new frugal sports car, people, buy a Q7 diesel!!!
    That's more frugal, not cleaner.
    pollutant emissions aren't the same as the fuel consumption.
    I took the 4.2 engines for the similar power delivered.
    Obviously a Q7 equipped even with a 54 bhp 1.2 liter engine would require even less fuel.

I would argue much more about else, but I'm bored.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    That's more frugal, not cleaner.
    pollutant emissions aren't the same as the fuel consumption.
    I took the 4.2 engines for the similar power delivered.
    Obviously a Q7 equipped even with a 54 bhp 1.2 liter engine would require even less fuel.

I would argue much more about else, but I'm bored.
    Sorry, I'd written that before I found the Q7 facelift emissions. When I gave up and couldn't find them, I didn't remember to rephrase The 4.2TDI was there mate. I put the 3.0TDI there as well cos it's the best seller.

Thread Information