Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Codemaster's F1 2010

only if it drives well to start with.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

Richard Burns rally had superb physics treatment but tends to get lost in discussions as it didn't have a gazillion tracks and thousands of fantasy cars.
    I was going to say that it was quite hard to finish stage but TheScrutineer beat me to it. Such a tough game.

I thought Dirt had a pretty good feel to it after a few tweaks.

I find F1 games are good but get a bit samey, too much grip and downforce makes for failry boring driving. Lairiness all the way!
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

i normally rubbish Codemasters . Hard

(i hate the way they treated CMR)

i got to try this at a mates only just this holidays break . because it was Codemasters i didnt even look twice at its release

i was wrong. this is a seriously ok attempt at a console F1 game

Driven to madness via cabin fever I lost my mind and got this game.

I'm not a Codemasters fan and I hate their navigation....but I gotta tell ya...I'm impressed.

Well...after the headache of discovering that after the 1.1 patch was applied it totally screwed Eyefinity/triple monitor resolution. Before patch it was perfect. Roll Eyes

After searching found a workaround for that but the remedy includes forcing the game to DX9.

Dunno if the eye can really tell, graphics look killer and runs smooth at 5040x1050.

As for driving/racing... it is what it is for the masses and not much to complain about.

Has great immersion/fun factor... and it's a good sim to break away from serious racing.

The rain racing is just nutz.

F1 Championship Edition is far better

I am a big codemasters fan, but F1 2010 is quite a let down.
    If you go back to the last PS3 entry, F1 Championship Edition, you will see that a lot of things have gone wrong with the new one.
    It's a game, games are great when they are realistic, but when one becomes too realistic it is ruined. Too realistic, too dramatic, they should have made a GAME, not a SIM, that spoils everything. Honestly, my fave F1 game is F1 1997 for PS1, epic.

Perhaps I'm just not a sim fan but I really don't see why you should bother with this game.

F1 Championship Edition is far better

THIS IS AN EDIT

I am a big codemasters fan, but F1 2010 is quite a let down.
    If you go back to the last PS3 entry, F1 Championship Edition, you will see that a lot of things have gone wrong with the new one.
    It's a game, games are great when they are realistic, but when one becomes too realistic it is ruined. Too realistic, too dramatic, they should have made a GAME, not a SIM, that spoils everything. Honestly, my fave F1 game is F1 1997 for PS1, epic.

My biggest issue is the over-realistic penalties, anything wrong and youre in serious trouble. after your first 10 laps of qualifying get discounted because of cutting a corner you didn't know existed, patience starts to wear thin. My other big issue is exactly the same as derekthetree, F1 games are good, but it's now a case of, played one, played em all. I played this a bit with a mate the day it came out, but we hated it so much we brought it back and got NBA 2K11, and Red Dead Redemption
    Perhaps I'm just not a sim fan but I really don't see why you should bother with this game.

hi snake bacon You can edit your posts using the Edit button at the bottom right !
    You can also delete them through the same route, so you can clear out the first one.

Made me smile as I dont like F1 2010 as it's handling is not ideal and is not a very good SIMULATION and has much more of the feel of a game. In a race game if you cut corners you get black flagged by the marshal. Simulator race releases can definately look/feel the same but underneath the car dynamics are different, the handling, the power delivery, the aero package, the fuel usage and the adjustments available. But, these are all things a serious sim-racer will see as a BIG difference and I concur with you as a "game" it's a so-so

For me it's like FPS. eg your Red Dead Redemption trade. I dont see any real difference between any of the shooting "games". From Wolfenstien, Doom, Tribes, Half-Life and all its mods all the wauy to CoD, Halo and I'm running the World of Tanks beta atm. To me they are all the "same " jsut with different images and guns. BUT, I know many who enjoy the differences and improvements.

So I understand your feel of frustration with F1 2010, but it's for those reasons many will like it BTW, do you use a wheel ? Many of the race sims really only demonstrate their differences with a decent FF wheel and pedal set.

But interesting to read your comments on the game !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've got Codmaster's F1 2010, it came with my xbox when i brought it. It's a good game but F1 game are not my thing.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information