Thread: Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Star Wars: Force Unleashed

It's not coming out for a while (next year) but has anyone else seen the previews of it? Damn, awesome! Some brilliant graphics and physics at work, and basically the Jedi powers work like the Gravity Gun in HL2!

Observe: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QO6rIZDbl...elated&search= (Search for the Endorphin Engine trailer, it's what's running the game)

Basic story is that you're Vader's secret apprentice between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope hunting down the Jedi, so plenty of scope for some awesome stuff. Looks like it'll be a bit like KOTOR as well, with your choices affecting the game.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

A pretty awesome physics engine. I guess the aspect of using the hl2-type physics in a fictional world was always gonna click in some developers mind.

One thing they dont seem to have taken into account is the attention to detail which valve had done in hl2. When you use that amount of physical-gravitational force on a human body it breaks the spine which causes you to die. Hence the face that a single blow of the hyper-gravity gun in hl2 killed a combine soldier. In this, the enemy is still left wailing while you play with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    A pretty awesome physics engine. I guess the aspect of using the hl2-type physics in a fictional world was always gonna click in some developers mind.

One thing they dont seem to have taken into account is the attention to detail which valve had done in hl2. When you use that amount of physical-gravitational force on a human body it breaks the spine which causes you to die. Hence the face that a single blow of the hyper-gravity gun in hl2 killed a combine soldier. In this, the enemy is still left wailing while you play with him.
    Watch this video, the physics engine has it's own AI.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7iCdN2FGO...elated&search=
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    A When you use that amount of physical-gravitational force on a human body it breaks the spine which causes you to die.
    that's dependant purely on where the spine would break...
    well, the spinal cord, technically.

edit: you're worrying about realism in a star wars game? lol
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 05-27-2007 at 01:46 AM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

DragonballZ...... lol~ nonetheless.... .good one!
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

it does look very promising, especially the concept art.

the big questions are when is it coming to pc and will they be able to avoid making the force powers too automated. I reckon they will have issues giving the user full control..
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    the big questions are when is it coming to pc and will they be able to avoid making the force powers too automated. I reckon they will have issues giving the user full control..
    Going from older Star Wars games with force powers, there wasn't really that much need for user control over force powers, just aim and let rip. I'm just keen for the Gravity Gun-esque Force holds.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 05-27-2007 at 04:11 AM.
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    that's dependant purely on where the spine would break...
    well, the spinal cord, technically.

edit: you're worrying about realism in a star wars game? lol
    That could be said for any game in general, and all games get marks for realism, they are all fiction really (bar war games), so i just find that trailer a whole lot fake when it comes to injury. You wouldnt be left screaming after that amount of force upon your body

Cool. It looks like an interesting game.

I would like to see a new Star Wars MMORPG.

Thread Information