I have had my 350Z for a year now. It looks great and overall I love the car. I am however disappointed in Nissan's support of the 350Z owners who put their faith in the Nissan brand, in the belief that because the 350Z is Nissan's flagship car, they would take care of any problems that would arise in its debut year.

Myself and MANY hundreds of other 350Z owners are suffering from some type of design flaw in the suspension. The tires are cupping and scalloping in a “heal-toe” wear pattern, which according to Firestone dealers “is an unsafe” situation and should be corrected. (tire cupping is a wear pattern where the trailing edge of a tread block wears more than the leading edge of the same tread block or vice versa)

Nissan is aware of the problem by evidence of their TSB (Technical Service Bulletin NTB03006).

The problem symptoms shows as “tire roar” (simular to driving your car with snow tires on it) The TSB tells the dealer to swap the left tire to the right side and the right tire to the left side and then align the car to NEW specs than the original factory settings. This does NOT fix the problem! It only hides the problem for a little while. Then the “tire roar” came back even worse. In my case, Nissan then gave the dealer authorization to put new front tires on my car and align the car again to newer specs.

3000 miles later on the NEW tires, the cupping (heal-toe wear pattern) came back! I then took my car in again and Nissan told the dealer to re-align the car yet again to the latest specs. 2000 miles later the cupping is getting worse. The “tire roar” is becoming unbearable and the heal-toe wear pattern is now showing on BOTH the inside & outside tread blocks.

Nissan has NOT returned my multiple calls (it is approaching a month now) and will not authorize the dealer’s request to put yet another set of tires on my car!

To learn more about this issue:
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=15758

Nissan's list of TSB (Technical Service Bulletins)
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissa...3.asp?mscssid=