Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nooooo :(

Nooooo :(

Well...it looks as though the TT is being sold.

My dad but for-sale signs in the windows earlier, and is planning on putting it into the auto trader.. Only consellation came in the fact we went looking at a MINI cooper S today...Looks pretty sweet..

MINI Cooper S 1.6 , 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 2004 04 Reg , 6,000 miles, chilli red. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Side airbags, Sports seats, Traction control, Air conditioning, Colour coding - Body, Leather seats. chilli pack ..harman kardon hi fi system ..aero kit
    Anyone have any thoughts on the MINI or any experience with them?
    Attached Images Attached Images

meh its a bit over rated and fat for my liking
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

It's a good car, a bit pricey though. I've heard good reviews/comments from S-Works drivers.

For the money I'd recommend an Mx-5 or S2000 though, more fun.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    meh its a bit over rated and fat for my liking
    I agree, it's got too much plastic and it's nothing like the old Mini. I would be more than happy to get cars like the old Mini or Fiat 500 for first car but I have doubts they're gonna break down every minute.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    It's a good car, a bit pricey though. I've heard good reviews/comments from S-Works drivers.

For the money I'd recommend an Mx-5 or S2000 though, more fun.
    I said that but he's going for practicality. The only reason he's ditching the TT is because my sister is getting too tall for the back now. Other than that he would be extremely reluctant to sell as it is a very good car.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    I said that but he's going for practicality. The only reason he's ditching the TT is because my sister is getting too tall for the back now. Other than that he would be extremely reluctant to sell as it is a very good car.
    We have a Mini, it's a great car with awesome handling but it's not very big in the back at all. Your dad may want to consider that...
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

I've got one. It's bloody great except for some things. First motorway noise, annoying. Secondly torque-steer, could do with less (but I suppose that's a general rule in FWD cars). And fuel consumption, it's not exactly frugal.

But, the rear seats are suprising usable, especially good head room (we had before a Ford Puma, and believe me we noticed the change). The engine is basic but good to thrash around and the whine from the supercharged is nice. And finally the really good stuff, the handling, it's lovely in twisty mountain roads.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I've driven a couple thanks to BMW Dallas, and they're fun.

But they're over $15,000 new (or around there for a Cooper). Lots of neat options, but even they get pricey. Though since you live in Europe, your's will probably be more reasonable in pricing.

Nice in the front, kinda small in the back.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I would say the new GTi but that's well out of your price range I'm guessing.

If your looking for a hatchback what about a Wrx wagon? I have no idea what the price is on those though. I find Minis are too reliant on their image, i mean its a BMW with FWD.

The Subaru is in a different league to the Mini, the Mini is way more refined, it's a quality product. The Subaru only knows to go fast. The Mini can do a lot more than that.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I would say the new GTi but that's well out of your price range I'm guessing.
    Price isn't really a boundry..

He just wants something desirable that will hold it's value..

I don't think he is too keen on the Golf, although I agree that would be a very good choice of car. He's liked the Mini's sinc ethey came out and this one is really well speced up with one lady owner from new..

He doesn't really use his cars that much anyway. Just n the weekends normally, so although money isn't a boundry, he is looking for something like this car that is reasonably priced.

In that case TSX

second hand RX-8s are going for around 14k and they have the practicality and the engine

nissan 350Z is also around that price, what else old XK are around 15 - 18 k mark they kinda have back seats and seeing as theres no roof in the convertible youll hava no probs with fitting your sister :P
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

How about an old M5?

Thread Information