Thread: F2004 053

F2004 053

I can't seem to find the stroke and bore measurements for the F2004 engine (the 053). my dad and i were talking about it and he thinks that, due to the tiny displacement and stratospheric redline, the stroke would be long, and the bore would be small. i thought the exact opposite.........so who's right? Post the measurements if you find/know them, cuz i need proof for whoever's right.

thanks

Don't know the measurements, but you're right. It is well know that F1 use a short stroke and larger bore. This is for several reasons, first being for the higher revs and theoretically the higher the revs the more power an engine will make, second with a bigger bore there can be bigger valve sizes which is beneficial, and third with a storter stroke comes shorter connecting rods...well shorter connecting rods are less susceptible to breaking.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

score

does matra have measurements?

Nope, you won't be able to find them as those numbers are kept a secret by all teams.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

oh ok

Thread Information