Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti sway bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    alright, my volvo has a stock anti-sway bar, so i won't be messing with that. looks like a better suspension and strut brace are to get
    All cars have anti-sway bars, usually the stock ones are not very stiff so that you car rides smoothly (smooth and comfortable does not equal fast). If you want to upgrade your suspension it would be a good idea to get aftermarket anti sway bars that are thicker (thicker ones=less body roll) and also get strut braces and a lowering kit to completely transform your car into a good handling machine.

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/frameproducts.html
    http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...78334900031078

getting ahold of some of these would be nice, i dont think ill find a parts supllier that has them to fit my car just coz its soo old. are they easy to make yourself? what material should it use?
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    1996 Volvo 850 GLT, I did the egg nog challenge a while ago.

thanks for all the help!
    BIG car, don't take the anti-roll bars off

Best advise woudl be to spend time in the Volvo parts counter or a Volvo club and find out the T5 suspension settings and a-r bar thicknesses and try sourcing them. I've followed a T5 on track 4 passengers and REALLY pushing it - a fast, well balanced car for something that big and practical

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    getting ahold of some of these would be nice, i dont think ill find a parts supllier that has them to fit my car just coz its soo old. are they easy to make yourself? what material should it use?
    http://www.kalmar-union.com/ click on suspension. Pay for my flight and I'll hand deliver

Anti-roll bars not too hard to make as long as you have a samle. Problems can come when you try to use standard steel bar and it's thicker than current mounts, maybe needing even more engineering. Local steel fabricators can help , but getting control over the stiffness isn't that easy and will likely involve a few attempts. Buying off the shelf is easier
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 09-15-2004 at 01:48 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information