Page 407 of 470 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 7050

Thread: The "I just saw a...." thread

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Today on the way home from work I saw a Ford GTX1, the roadster version of the recent Ford GT. It was dark blue with white stripes.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Today I saw a yellow Maserati Merak on the main street near my house, I thought it was a Bora until I got close to it. I was side by side with it for a couple of blocks. It sounded good. The other night on the same street a Sunbeam Tiger, it was dark at first I thought it was a Triumph TR 250 until it got closer, As it drove away it sounded like V8 so it's definitely a Tiger. 3 weeks ago I was in another trip to Vegas, I saw a Porsche Panamera on I-15 going into Vegas it pulled over to the side of the road. Also on I-15 going crosstown a Maserati GranTourismo coupe just saw the back end. On a cassino parking lot, handicap space a Rolls Royce Silver Seraph, It had a placard so i hope that guy wasn't just faking it.
    Last edited by Rizaven; 12-04-2010 at 10:50 AM.

I saw snow. Tons of it. And the road that leads to our village isn't maintained . East Germany sucks.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    East Germany sucks.
    The Economist has data to back that up - East Germany lags behind West Germany significantly economically.

It is sad that the wall has been down 21 years now and the East still isn't at par with the West.

I remember each time we rented a car while visiting Deutschland, they'd ask us not to drive to the east lol.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage (new model), restyled Jag XKR.
    Then an ugly PanAm Turbo.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The Economist has data to back that up - East Germany lags behind West Germany significantly economically.

It is sad that the wall has been down 21 years now and the East still isn't at par with the West.
    The problem is that East Germany has no significant industries which could oull it out of the swamp that was the GDR. Our only real hope are the rapidly growing "green" industries which produce for example solar panels or the like.
    However, it could have been so much better if those west german businessmen hadn't been so greedy... the so-called "Treuhand", an organization which had the task to rebuild the east german economy, didn't really care about their task. Instead, those bastards simply focused on making money with the weakened companies. What they did is a common procedure, but the east germans were just too naive to see it coming as they thought of their western "brothers" as their saviours. They simply let investors from all over the world buy east german companies- some of them weren't even that weak. While a small margin of the buyers actually cared for their new-bought companies and rebuilt them (like Multicar which is a major manufacturer of small utility trucks today), most investors simply broke them up and sold the pieces. The german government let them do because they needed money, too- they had completely underestimated the cost of the german reunion. At the end of the procedure, the East was left with barely any industry, and the figures of unemployment rocketed through the stratosphere. Today, things have improved largely as many high tech industries are currently settling in the area, but it still isn't as good as it could have been. This is also the reason why some east germans (me not included) hate the west germans.

Apart from that, it really isn't that bad to live here... however, the city which our village is related to has nearly gone bankrupt which is why they aren't really caring for the road maintenance of a small village in the mountains that has hardly 100 habitants .
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

i'm not sure if this was awesome or retarded. was fast as hell on the track though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

^^^ What is that shoehorned into, clutch?

Saw a Dodge Avenger today at the grocers... and will no longer rip on Sebrings. The Chrysler is bee-yoo-tee-ful by comparison.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    ^^^ What is that shoehorned into, clutch?

Saw a Dodge Avenger today at the grocers... and will no longer rip on Sebrings. The Chrysler is bee-yoo-tee-ful by comparison.
    a jaguar E-type.. hence my do i/don't i dilemma towards liking it.. i hope it was a slavage
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

as of recently, a Ferrari 458 trailed home (Germany) by a Discovery.
    It was snowing and very cold, yet the Ferrari was dirtier than the Land Rover.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The new C4.

It is a bit ugly.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Today there were bits of Ferrari crap littering the shop, damn 333SP #019 pieces all over the place. Couldn't even back my truck in to unload Important Porsche Parts because of some beater F40 and all the body panels blockin' the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I hate when that happens.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Today there were bits of Ferrari crap littering the shop, damn 333SP #019 pieces all over the place. Couldn't even back my truck in to unload Important Porsche Parts because of some beater F40 and all the body panels blockin' the way.
    try to get your name on the rollbar of the Ferrari....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information