Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millionaire destroys his Lamborghini in revenge

I think what he did is right. If someone pays a company such a large sum of money for a car, you'd expect the company to properly service it, and if an issue arises, it is fixed with the utmost haste.

I can understand the thing he said about how these companies are exploiting the Chinese, and well it really is pathetic of them to do such a thing, even though China is one of the larger markets for these expensive automobiles.

I'd imagine the issue for him must be pretty great, if he has had to contact Lamborghini headquarters.

And also, think about it, you bought a Lambo, you'd probably want to drive it everyday, so when it won't start, you'd want to have it fixed ASAP. When the people you paid that huge sum of money to literally can't be f***ed doing anything to it, you gotta be pretty pissed.

Finally, I agree with 092326001. He did pay that huge sum of money, so he is quite welcome to do whatever he wants to it. And what he did to it, is speak out for the people of China... well the rich people of China, who are being lured, and exploited by these companies.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

If I had the money, I would have taken a sledge hammer and my Land Rover to the dealership for the same reasons as this guy.

It's one thing to buy a car you know probably won't run flawlessly for its entire life, but when the dealer/manufacturer makes no attempt to rectify problems that are 100% their fault and existed from virtually the day you bought the car... then you're allowed to get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    And what he did to it, is speak out for the people of China... well the rich people of China, who are being lured, and exploited by these companies.
    meh, the rich of china just rip off other nations and their own people - how the hell do you get rich in a communist country?
    that documentary on chinese counterfeits was disgusting, no wonder so many established brands are going under (ARC recently)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Chinese counterfeits of cars are disgusting, and don't think I'm supporting communism either. But when these big companies bully their customers, I get even more disgusted.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

cars? lol.. wheels, intercoolers, even turbo's.. often marketed as the genuine article.. disgraceful, couldn't care less if the companies like lamborghini fobbed it off due to some local dodgy dealer.
    i.e.
    "Not gonna rehash the R&D thing, but I do have one quick anecdote. When I was in Japan at Amuse, I was talking with the owner Matsui, and we were discussing the new bumper we just came out with that's meant to fit older style front diffusers. Naturally, the conversation progressed to Amuse and aero development for the DBA-R35 (2012+). I specifically asked him if he intended on designing something new for the new car, and he expressed his reluctance to do so because of the knock-off parts. After more discussion, he even went as far as saying that they were seriously considering not doing anything at all for this same reason."
    and
    The fight against fakes and counterfeiters - an eye opening documentary - The Tuners Group

so yeah, don't really care. well played lamborghini, well played.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 03-18-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Actually I've now decided not only is the guy an EMOTIONAL TWAT but an INTELLECTUAL TWAT TOO ... if this additional quote is true ....

"The former owner feels that Lamborghini did not bring their world famous high quality service to China"
    So he didn't check the level of service he'd get when he bought it ?
    He didn't confirm that it woudl be Lamborghini staff at all times ??

He's the idiot for not ensuring that an item he buys will be properly serviced and maintained.

I spent many times in the USA and always wanted a Maytag for when I got home.
    Buying and importing was easy. BUT not knowing I coudl guarantee experienced service I didn't. And we were only talking a few hundred pounds/dollars. To have not done any research for half a million dollars of car is jsut stupidity -- or so rich he deserves what he got

The car owner, Han Nan, is VP of a wholesale lighting supplier. The sports car was bought from Japan in September 2010 with company funds. It was a used car
    So WAIT ...... it was a personal import. It was used. maybe?
    Raises so many other questions over previous damage, potential problems etc. All things WE know we'd not even think we could expect the manufacturer to take up This guy has even dropped lower on my scale of intelligence

Feel shame for Lambo and the car. In another quote Lambo Asia said they fixed the car and were unaware of the reasons why he woudl now do this.

As earlier, he got the publicity he clearly wanted and ANY moaning on rights should be taken up first with his government !!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-19-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Douche. It's a Lamborghini. They're manufactured in relatively small numbers, they're made to look cool and go fast, and make no claims to supreme reliability. What's more, it was probably 6 months of being driven relatively hard, being the sort of car it is.
    What he paid for the car is completely irrelevant. If he's willing to pay the import taxes, whatever, but it's still a basic Gallardo.
    All about the t-tops

I don't like this guy at all. Especially because he seemed to just buy it on impulse without checking anything about it. I am quite disgusted he bought the car with "company funds." Does that mean he used company money to buy the car? Sorry boys, no bonus this year (not that they would get one anyway), I had to buy a Lamborghini.

Angry

ok everyone's car breaks down at least once in its lifetime. Even lambos and ferraris but it's pretty obvious that u shouldn't take your anger out on the car by destroying it. I have no problem with honking the horn till kingdom come but this guy it a tard.

Thread Information