Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first ride was.....

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    you suck, i am working for th $400, plus i earn 20 per car to wash each car every week, $2080 a year, time 3 ytears, $6,240, plus $20 for half of mowing the lawn, $1040 per year, times three years, $3,120, plus the 1,600 i have saved already, all together, 13,360$$$!!!!plus the fact that a 993 carrera is about 35,000 NOW!!!! i am getting it in 3 years!!! use the generic depressioation value, -20% of current value each year (35,000 now, 28,000 next year, exanple) so roughly 23,000 for an excellent condition 993, right in my price range, plus the fact that i have 11 weeks of summer, an extra 1200 a summer, 3600 total, leaves me with enough to buy some new rims and have 1000 left over, so ya i will need about an extra 2,000

and bla bla bla bla bla........

Do you really think you can handle a 993 Carrera as your first car? I know people who have lost control of a simple ED Falcon in the wrong conditions, one person almost killed themselve in an EB.
    I am the Stig

you suck, i am working for th $400, plus i earn 20 per car to wash each car every week, $2080 a year, time 3 ytears, $6,240, plus $20 for half of mowing the lawn, $1040 per year, times three years, $3,120, plus the 1,600 i have saved already, all together, 13,360$$$!!!!plus the fact that a 993 carrera is about 35,000 NOW!!!! i am getting it in 3 years!!! use the generic depressioation value, -20% of current value each year (35,000 now, 28,000 next year, exanple) so roughly 23,000 for an excellent condition 993, right in my price range, plus the fact that i have 11 weeks of summer, an extra 1200 a summer, 3600 total, leaves me with enough to buy some new rims and have 1000 left over, so ya i will need about an extra 2,000

all in all, i will break out about even, my dad will give me 10,000 i can buy whatever i want and can afford, therefor, i chose this, the 993, the same kind my dad had in 1997, but with either a gt2 or rs body kit and some different rims

i have it figured out eggnog
    Great that you have it 'figured out.' Except gas, insurance, inevitable repairs. Then what? A $30,000 lawn ornament? The gravy train WILL stop at some point. I can't tell you how many cars I've seen on eBay that the owner 'could no longer afford.'
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

i didnt mean to personally insult you, and i wasnt trying to call you poor, although your not, i just meant i am really glad to have been very fortunate in my family of birthing.

my family doesnt have HUGELY insane amounts of money, just my dad loves porsches, and he wants me to have one if i want one

your right, 99% of the us's wealth is held by 1% of the population, sad, i know

i would like to visit some of the world's poorer places, to see how less fortunate people live, and i have been to much much less fortunate areas of houston, and i feel bad for them , some of the houses are as big as my room, which isnt all that big

as for the amount of money i am going to get, its only ten thousand, sure its reletavly alot compared to what other people just across the freeway will get, if they even get a car, but keep in mind, im not being given a porsche, i have to earn 2/3 of the cost!

some dumbass down the street is fifteen, he ogt a brand new sl500, a 70-ish thousnad dollar car for his birthday! now that is an awful first car!

sorry if i made a comment directed personally at you, and sorry for any confusion
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

oh, and sorry for saying you suck eggnog

quiggs, i plan to get a job when i am old enough, thats how i pay for gas, my parents will pay for insurance, but i gotta pay for everything else

1987 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4 2-door. Shit brown.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

haha nice color combo there! shit brown was quite the hot color a while back though, so was the "coffee with too much creamer" color

this guy in my dads old racing bracket at porsche club of america, had this 930 turbo, brown, and the said "he'd the only one that can make shit fly"

Don't technically own the car yet but its practically mine, a 1993 Nissan Sentra XE two door, white, with a little 1.6L 4 cylinder engine (soon to be replaced with a SR20DE, to make it an SE-R!!!).
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

If I'm lucky, my dad will give me his 1983 (i'm pretty sure it's 1983) 300SD turbo-diesel. Here are some pics I took of it today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-29-2004 at 03:31 PM.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

i didnt mean to personally insult you, and i wasnt trying to call you poor, although your not, i just meant i am really glad to have been very fortunate in my family of birthing.

my family doesnt have HUGELY insane amounts of money, just my dad loves porsches, and he wants me to have one if i want one

your right, 99% of the us's wealth is held by 1% of the population, sad, i know

i would like to visit some of the world's poorer places, to see how less fortunate people live, and i have been to much much less fortunate areas of houston, and i feel bad for them , some of the houses are as big as my room, which isnt all that big

as for the amount of money i am going to get, its only ten thousand, sure its reletavly alot compared to what other people just across the freeway will get, if they even get a car, but keep in mind, im not being given a porsche, i have to earn 2/3 of the cost!

some dumbass down the street is fifteen, he ogt a brand new sl500, a 70-ish thousnad dollar car for his birthday! now that is an awful first car!

sorry if i made a comment directed personally at you, and sorry for any confusion

Have you or your parents got any plans for advanced driver training?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    If I'm lucky, my dad will give me his 1983 (i'm pretty sure it's 1983) 300SD turbo-diesel. Here are some pics I took of it today.
    My father had an '84 300SD, ours was navy with light grey. Surprisingly quick for a 2 tonne chunk of castle wall. The inline 5 Turbodiesel is very tough. Our mechanic was adamant that the 300 diesel is one of the best engines ever made. He'd seen some with >400K miles. Ours had <3 when sold. Bought it used and drove it for close to 200K miles without any major issues. Once my younger brother speed over train tracks, the car launched and upon bottoming out cracked the sump. Most of the oil leaked out, but the tank still drove to the shop ~2 miles away. Barring such shenanigans, the 300 should last until you want it to.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    My father had an '84 300SD, ours was navy with light grey. Surprisingly quick for a 2 tonne chunk of castle wall. The inline 5 Turbodiesel is very tough. Our mechanic was adamant that the 300 diesel is one of the best engines ever made. He'd seen some with >400K miles. Ours had <3 when sold. Bought it used and drove it for close to 200K miles without any major issues. Once my younger brother speed over train tracks, the car launched and upon bottoming out cracked the sump. Most of the oil leaked out, but the tank still drove to the shop ~2 miles away. Barring such shenanigans, the 300 should last until you want it to.
    that sounds good, considering it has about 150k miles right now. I plan on painting it black, putting like 4 tanks of NOS in it, getting a really big bodykit, maybe a huge spoiler, and if I'm lucky, a 20 inch diameter muffler. no, but seriously, I'll prob. paint it black, add some slight tinting to the back windows, get some engine mods if money allows, and a descent looking set of rims (prob. 17" or so.)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    that sounds good, considering it has about 150k miles right now. I plan on painting it black, putting like 4 tanks of NOS in it, getting a really big bodykit, maybe a huge spoiler, and if I'm lucky, a 20 inch diameter muffler. no, but seriously, I'll prob. paint it black, add some slight tinting to the back windows, get some engine mods if money allows, and a descent looking set of rims (prob. 17" or so.)
    IMO...the 'S' is so Classy...oops. Try to maintain factory look. Try just the wheels first, AMG style reproductions look best. And as for the paint. Have the car detailed where they take the dead paint off and airbrush smaller scratches. With some, not too dark aluminized tint, you'll be set.

Oh, get some Euro headlamps, they change the fascia dramatically for the better. Newer 126s had them, try salvage yards.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

IMO...the 'S' is so Classy...oops. Try to maintain factory look. Try just the wheels first, AMG style reproductions look best. And as for the paint. Have the car detailed where they take the dead paint off and airbrush smaller scratches. With some, not too dark aluminized tint, you'll be set.

Oh, get some Euro headlamps, they change the fascia dramatically for the better. Newer 126s had them, try salvage yards.
    That's really similar to what I had in mind, I'm not going for any kind of 2005 super shiny chromed look.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    man, we had a '79 300SD. Awesome car. My Dad had promised it to me, but then traded it on a 1996 Dodge Caravan. I still hold a grudge against him for that.

Technically, my first car was a 2000 Ford Focus. Not too bad to drive, but not that well built. Hardly counts as a car.

My first REAL car is the one I have now: the '68 Ford Mustang.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information