Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Festival of speed 2005

Goodwood Festival of speed 2005

Just been looking around and seen a few things that are happening at this years FOS so thaught id put it on here as i know there are a few members wanting to go

Alain Prost will be there throughout the weekend driving several cars and signing autographs

they are celebrating 40 years of honda in F1 so id imaggine they will have a car from each of those years or atleast 1 of each model of honda F1 car

Jenson button will be driving this years BAR F1 car and also signing autographs. if it was the same as last year Anthony davidson and Takuma sato will also be there

aswell as the honda F1 cars they also have examples of F1 cars from every other F1 team from now and the past

ferrari aer also joining in this year celebrating 75 years of Scuderia. they will also be celebrating 50 years of the mercedes benz 300SLR, 30 years of the BMW 3 series and 25 years of Audi's quattro.

Goodwood highlights:

A new 3km rally stage will be set in the woods at the top of goodwood hill. Rauno Aaltonen, Erik carlsson, Hannu MikkolaSandro Manari and malcolm wilson are some of the names that will be rallying on it throughout the wekkend in everything from a mini cooper S to 2004 subaru Impreza WRC cars with some Group A and Group B cars also competing

Road cars:

there will be a HUGE selection of road supercars there, last year there was thngs such as the MC12, CGT, Mosler MT900, Ford GT, ferrari 612, TVR's MG SVXpower, Nasca C2, SLR,

this year im sure that there will be more of the best, anmd with ferrari joining in more this year there is also a F430 there and maybee jsut maybee an enzo

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...chmentid=35706
    copyright me

Aussie legend:

Aussie legend Peter Brock makes his FOS debut in some bathurst winning Holden Commodores, and as always they will be showing the wacky racer cars and maybee Peter will be persuaded to drive the Turbo terrific namesd after him

LAST YEARS PICS: here
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 03-24-2005 at 04:51 AM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Hopefully i should be going on the Sunday .. just gotta persuade my grandad to give me and a friend a lift.

Theyve got rid of soapbox racing this year .. Is the rally course a replacment for the soap boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Hopefully i should be going on the Sunday .. just gotta persuade my grandad to give me and a friend a lift.

Theyve got rid of soapbox racing this year .. Is the rally course a replacment for the soap boxes?

duno but if it is its one hell of a replacement GROUP B AND WRC CARS what gets better than that

im still not sure if i can go if you wouldnt be too far out my way and i was going id come by and pick you up
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    duno but if it is its one hell of a replacement GROUP B AND WRC CARS what gets better than that

im still not sure if i can go if you wouldnt be too far out my way and i was going id come by and pick you up
    I live in East Sussex, Goodwood is in West Sussex My house is near Hastings on the right part of the coast on the map, Goodwood is near southampton .. quite far http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=...rch.srf&dn=772

I wonder how theyre gonna do it .. they better not have the rallying on during the hillclimb. Better have sign posting too .. last year I missed the soap boxes because I couldnt find them

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    where does this stuff happen? where in the US?
    The Rebirth of Xarzy
    >>XxLEASxX<<
    To My Unborn Child
    UCP's Resident Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth of Xar
    where does this stuff happen? where in the US?
    In England, damn every awesome car that exist is there
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    In England, damn every awesome car that exist is there
    boo Im in the US so I guess i wont be making it any time soon
    The Rebirth of Xarzy
    >>XxLEASxX<<
    To My Unborn Child
    UCP's Resident Jack Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    I live in East Sussex, Goodwood is in West Sussex My house is near Hastings on the right part of the coast on the map, Goodwood is near southampton .. quite far http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=...rch.srf&dn=772

I wonder how theyre gonna do it .. they better not have the rallying on during the hillclimb. Better have sign posting too .. last year I missed the soap boxes because I couldnt find them

the soap boxes were on the hill climb track

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    damn every awesome car that exist is there

thats what its all about

Friday is a relaxing day for the enthusiast. Free practice begins at 10:00hrs with all competing cars and motorcycles will run on the track once. You will also see the new Forest Rally Stage in action all day; the first stages of the Sunday Times ‘Driving’ Supercar Run; initial viewing of the Cartier ‘Style et Luxe’ automobile design competition; plus air displays. There are Bonhams Sales of automobilia (morning) and cars (afternoon), with entry by catalogue only. For further information please call +44 (0)20 7468 5801 or visit: www.bonhams.com.

Summary of Friday’s action:
    07:00hrs Paddocks open
    10:00hrs Grand Opening Parade
    10:00hrs Forest Rally Stage opens
    10:40hrs Free practice begins on the hill
    TBC Bonhams Sale
    18:00hrs Festival of Speed closes

Saturday is official practice day, with all cars and motorcycles running once in the morning and once in the afternoon. You will also see the new Forest Rally Stage in action all day; the Sunday Times ‘Driving’ Supercar Run; further viewing of the Cartier ‘Style et Luxe’ automobile design competition; as well as live music and air displays throughout the day.

Summary of Saturday’s action:
    09:00hrs Official practice begins on the hill – all cars run once
    09:00hrs Forest Rally Stage opens
    TBC Sunday Times ‘Driving’ Supercar Run
    14:00hrs Official practice continues on the hill – all cars run a second time
    18:00hrs Festival of Speed closes

Sunday sees action against the clock as competitors battle for class and outright awards, with all cars and motorcycles running once in the morning and once in the afternoon. You will also see the new Forest Rally Stage in action all day; the Sunday Times ‘Driving’ Supercar Run; final judging of the Cartier ‘Style et Luxe’ automobile design competition; as well as live music and air displays throughout the day. Prize giving takes place at approximately 18:30hrs.

Summary of Sunday’s action:
    09:00hrs Timed competition begins on the hill – all cars run once
    09:00hrs Forest Rally Stage opens
    10:00hrs The judging begins in the Cartier ‘Style et Luxe’ automobile design competition
    TBC Sunday Times ‘Driving’ Supercar Run
    14:00hrs Timed competition continues on the hill – all cars run a second time
    18:30hrs Prize giving
    19:00hrs Festival of Speed closes

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    the soap boxes were on the hill climb track
    Thats my point .. it took me an hour just to find the wall and I only found it by following the sound of the Bowler Wildcats I just hope theres a 205 T16 doing the rallying, I love them.

When is it? I would like to go to one sometime before I die. I think this will go on my list of life goals.

Mustang post that pic of all them supercars in a line, i never get tired of it.

I hopefully should be going this year, as well as the turkish grand prix..

you're all lucky I will see it too but behind my television . enjoy it
    nice picture Mustang with the aston , the cobra daytona(is it a copy?)...

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    you're all lucky I will see it too but behind my television . enjoy it
    nice picture Mustang with the aston , the cobra daytona(is it a copy?)...

no its a real one just about everything there is a real version no copies there mate

Jim look in the first post i did have it attached as an image but it was too large and wouter changed it to just the link

Thread Information