Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly the coolest thing for me

I was just wondering how much a 3200 with the boomerang lights would cost?
    That came before this so maybe you could pick one of those up for a lower cost and you'd still have the same amount of fun in, personally, a better looking car.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Get it. Change engine oil yourself. If thing's don't work out with the engine after some time, tug in a LS7, SlickHolden would've agree with this. haha~

$38,000 ONLY ?!?! My gosh, I can only get myself a new Honda Civic 1.8 or a 98' BMW E46 318 with that sort of money. And people here buy cars in that price range with monthly salary of around $1000 USD. Serious.

BTW, speaking of maintenance, thrash it less really save you hell lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    3200 with the boomerang lights, personally, a better looking car.
    AGREED
    Last edited by Ingolstadt; 06-01-2007 at 04:37 AM.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Keep in mind the hugggge running costs. A family friend has owned two of these. One he crashed the other one he sold because one day he literally had the door in his hands when he opened it. Meaning that the door just fell out. Apart from the door thing it was constantly in the shop for other problems.

Beautiful machine but pretty crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i really hate to say that the responses thus far have been predictable, but they have been. which is fine. i need some ego bolstering. im going to call on it tomorrow, unfortunately, its a few hours away, and saturday is already booked. but with luck i will be able to get down there next week. or maybe sunday.
    Buy a Corvette. Way more fun, I guarantee it.

Oh and it's probably much cheaper to fix.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    I love that car, i'd either buy that or a last generation Jag XK8 or even better XKR, I absolute adore the XKR and i think it's a much, much nicer car than the new one and if you can find a nice one, buy one of them, if not, the Maser is amazing, i love Maseratis and would tell you to get one in a heartbeat if you can't find a really nice XK!
    speaking of last gen XK's, anyone know if its possible to have these with a stick? I love their timeless styling, but hate the fact that I've only seen them as automatics. Also, would it be possible to have it serviced at a ford dealership?

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Buy a Corvette. Way more fun, I guarantee it.

Oh and it's probably much cheaper to fix.
    I'd recommend that if I didn't see them everywhere and hear from everyone that they're of crap quality. All the owners I know hate theirs, and one of them almost died in his C5 because all the electronics in the car failed on the highway and left him skidding into a ditch. Luckily it wasn't oncoming traffic.

Rob,

I think this is as close as you'll ever get to an old-shape manual XKR.

Amazing car, though.

If I bought that: everytime I looked at the back I'd wish it was a 3200GT, everytime I drove it I'd wish it was a manual (or at least not a flappy paddle nonsence-box) and everytime I serviced it I'd wish I was richer.

I'd find a second-hand XJS V12 coupe and spend the extra money fixing it. There's one in last weekend's paper for ten grand...

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I'd find a second-hand XJS V12 coupe and spend the extra money fixing it. There's one in last weekend's paper for ten grand...
    Not interested in reliability, are you?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    The RX-8 would be surprisingly practical, but the engine is stupidly peaky and also needs frequent oil checks/top-ups.
    ROFLMAO
    wrong wrong and wrong ( well not any worse than any other sports/performance car )
    The Maserati is an expensive luxury, just need to know whether it'll be too expensive in the long run. N.B.- Have you considered resale value on all cars..?
    Definately the main thing to consider.
    How long woudl you want to keep it and what resale will it have.
    Outlaying more than is comfortable is fine as long as it's "protected" and you get most of it back later.
    The G35 would be the best blend of reliability, speed and comfort, but it's lacking that special factor that marks out the Maser.
    no comparison, nothing to offer, stick with the Mini before doing this
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ROFLMAO
    wrong wrong and wrong ( well not any worse than any other sports/performance car )
    You drive the Prodrive, right? I've heard from two of the people whose kids I used to teach guitar to that their RX8s were all of the above I mentioned. Both drove the 192bhp model.

I've got a friend who had an RX-8 (Mind you they cost 64500 USD here, so it's rare)

It's perfectly reliable.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Is that a car enthusiast forum or a health and safety forum?

Real men drive Maseratis, if you can afford (but remember that it isn't cheap to maintain) it, than just do it. And forget about Porsches and Corvettes, they simply can't be compared to a Maserati.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Sell the Nissan - Keep the Mini - Buy The Maser'
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And forget about Porsches and Corvettes, they simply can't be compared to a Maserati.
    You, Ferrer, are very definite about this. I think Porsches are pretty damn good - and probably won't break down as much.

Thread Information