Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly the coolest thing for me

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    What about a last-generation M5?

For similar money you get 400 horsepower, 6-spd manual, seating for 4 or 5, luxury, and baller status.

Beef Curtain
    Great Wall of China
    Poop Chute

[edit] I'm an idiot. I forgot about the BMW curse. [/edit]
    That'd be the best non-Maserati suggestion I have seen. Still personally for me it wouldn't do. And in this case I'd prefer an XJR.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

For similar money you get 400 horsepower, 6-spd manual, seating for 4 or 5, luxury, and baller status.

Beef Curtain
    Great Wall of China
    Poop Chute

i must say though, your choices for link titles were especially impressive.

to be honest, for a little while i was actually considdering taking the risk and getting a bmw, and the old M5 was the car I was looking at. but then once i told a couple of my good friends that have known me through all of the bmw wrecks, they quickely steered me in the opposite direction.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Beef Curtain
    Great Wall of China
    Poop Chute

Poor mans RS6
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Poor mans RS6
    Clever mans RS6.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    As I said, real men drive Maseratis. Posers buy Porsches.
    Just because posers buy Porsches doesn't mean they are bad. It just means posers like them!

pokey, what will you do? I am a romantic and think it would be sick to own the Maserati, but the real world cost of running it may be a death knell. Be glad you are in Florida and you have the chance to drive it all year around though - a Maser up here would last hardly 7 months. Hell, I want a 944 but I am not sure that I could ever afford it.

This is likely the truth (though I'm not 100% sure):

Heart - Buy it.

Head - Don't buy it.

Simple as that. Mind you, if you can afford the thousands of dollars a year it will cost to insure, run and fuel the beast (and the suspiciously low-priced tag of the car doesn't throw you off) go for it. You may regret it but at least you will always be able to say: remember that time when I had a Maserati?

"That was the best shit in the world."

Finally, one big argument to buy it is this: you can always sell it after a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i think looks are a personal matter, and all recent maseratis have made me weak in the knees. in pics, they don't look anything special, but in person they are stunning.
    I know exactly what you mean, two of my neighbors have Quattroportes and they look goofy in picture but great in person, but the coupe (IMO, of course) looks goofy in both.

That'd be the best non-Maserati suggestion I have seen. Still personally for me it wouldn't do. And in this case I'd prefer an XJR.
    Too bad this isn't your thread.

CMC, made a decision yet? Another downside is that I think showing up on base in a Maserati might make some people feel you're a bit over payed.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Clever mans RS6.
    Negative.
    Poor mans RS6
    Positive.

Having ridden in the M5 and driven/ridden in the RS6...I can give complete assurance that the RS6 is a far better car. Just doesn't come with a manual.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    CMC, made a decision yet? Another downside is that I think showing up on base in a Maserati might make some people feel you're a bit over payed.
    QFT. You'll be despised by all the under shipmen.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Too bad this isn't your thread.
    If only I could afford such a car...
    Visca Catalunya!

As I said, real men drive Maseratis. Posers buy Porsches.
    You are kidding me right, Porsche's are the most understated supercar in the world! They're like Superman, perhaps a mundane, 'boring' everyday car, but really it's actually a fantastic drivers experience, and a supercar that everybody loves, Clarkson exempt.
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 06-01-2007 at 02:51 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

You are kidding me right, Porsche's are the most understated supercar in the world! They're like Superman, perhaps a mundane, perhaps boring everyday car, but really it's actually a fantastic drivers experience, and a supercar thateverybody likes, Clarkson exempt.
    I can't agree with that. Porsche's aren't the most understated sportscars in the world, they are just popular. Don't get me wrong I like the 911 very much, but it simply can't be compared to the thrill an XKR or a Gransport give you, it's a different kind of experience.
    Visca Catalunya!

I can't agree with that. Porsche's aren't the most understated sportscars in the world, they are just popular. Don't get me wrong I like the 911 very much, but it simply can't be compared to the thrill an XKR or a Gransport give you, it's a different kind of experience.
    Ferrer, I can understand where you are coming form a lot of the time, but in this case, I have no idea what's up. As for experience, I assume you are referring to driving experience wherein surely a Porsche would put to shame either two of those cars, no? Unless you are referring to the experience of the car as a whole, in which case, I'd have to say that maybe Porsche lacks that special something that you admire, but would surely make up for that with a far more thrilling driving experience. What I am saying is though I can see how you like an XKR or a Gransport more than a 911, I do not understand how they are more of a thrill; as a 911 simply is more of a drivers car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ferrer, I can understand where you are coming form a lot of the time, but in this case, I have no idea what's up. As for experience, I assume you are referring to driving experience wherein surely a Porsche would put to shame either two of those cars, no? Unless you are referring to the experience of the car as a whole, in which case, I'd have to say that maybe Porsche lacks that special something that you admire, but would surely make up for that with a far more thrilling driving experience. What I am saying is though I can see how you like an XKR or a Gransport more than a 911, I do not understand how they are more of a thrill; as a 911 simply is more of a drivers car.
    It's just different. The 911 is maybe better, but it can't give you the immense power the superchaged XKR has or the thrilling sound an italian V8 gives (especially post air-cooled era). They are just different kind of experiences. I personally prefer the latter, but that doesn't meant I wouldn't enjoy a 911.
    Visca Catalunya!

You guys should check out the June 2007 issue of Motor Trend, with their 'What's the Best Handling Car in the World' feature composed of 10 vehicles.

Huge series of real world and technical testing revealing the 911 GT3 and Cayman to be both #1 and 2 (I think) overall. Plus, they said the cars are just darn fun to drive.

It's just different. The 911 is maybe better, but it can't give you the immense power the superchaged XKR has or the thrilling sound an italian V8 gives (especially post air-cooled era). They are just different kind of experiences. I personally prefer the latter, but that doesn't meant I wouldn't enjoy a 911.
    Now that you've cleared that up I cannot argue whatsoever.

Is the engine in the Gransport a Ferrari V8?

Thread Information