Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    in Dutch, but I think the message is clear. (but useful only after expiring of the engine warranty

Chiptuning Bmw 118 D 122pk - Klaar terwijl U Wacht !
    Actually it's really only a 21bhp gain. Since the 118d has 143bhp in most countries now. The 122bhp is an older version of the engine.

I find those lower fuel consumption figures VERY hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But it's perfect the excitement, pasion and charisma the Mini had is somewhat lacking. Yes it's very effective and efficient but it lacks that extra something makes us love cars. Oh and the start-stop system, very clever indeed but a bit annoying once the novelty has passed and not exactly smooth when starting up again.
    Can you disable the start-stop system ?

well, i am happy for you, but i am sad to see you leave the wonderful community of mini owners. so there are 2 of us left, and i'm now the only one with an S.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    well, i am happy for you,

so there are 2 of us left.
    as am i

that's 'cause nobody wants a mini.....unless it's an older version of course
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by orshow View Post
    as am i

that's 'cause nobody wants a mini.....unless it's an older version of course
    i dont want an 07 on... but my 04 is great, if not a bit small, and uncomfortable on long journeys. i still love it even after 3 years.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Actually it's really only a 21bhp gain. Since the 118d has 143bhp in most countries now. The 122bhp is an older version of the engine.

I find those lower fuel consumption figures VERY hard to believe.
    in that case

Chiptuning Bmw 118d 143pk 2006 - Klaar terwijl U Wacht !

lower fuel consumption will most likely occur if you would drive the tuned version in exactly the same "normal" way as the non-tuned version. Asking for the added power permanently will see an increase...

and I just quoted the first site I came across, there are many more options...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Can you disable the start-stop system ?
    Yes you can.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Congrats Albert.
    Do you make long distances now?
    With the petrol prices in Spain, it's not an obvious choice unless you really travel a lot.
    It's a very nice car.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Congrats Albert.
    Do you make long distances now?
    With the petrol prices in Spain, it's not an obvious choice unless you really travel a lot.
    It's a very nice car.
    Well 71,000km in just under 3 years with the Mini. You can do the maths...

The car which is only about 2 days old already has almost 400km on the clock.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes you can.
    Switchable from inside the car IIRC?

Albert, you might want to consider an ECU remap as Pieter recommends. They are very worthwhile: More MPG (seriously), BHP and lbs/ft, as well as a better spread of that power and torque. It should help to recover some of the driveability that you seem to think you've lost in the transition from the Mini. - and don't forget: You have RWD now .

44k miles in three years actually isn't a lot. Nevertheless, you'll see the benefits of a diesel - so long as the servicing costs aren't as ridiculously high as the Mini One D's my family have.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Switchable from inside the car IIRC?
    Yup there's a little button under the radio.
    Albert, you might want to consider an ECU remap as Pieter recommends. They are very worthwhile: More MPG (seriously), BHP and lbs/ft, as well as a better spread of that power and torque. It should help to recover some of the driveability that you seem to think you've lost in the transition from the Mini. - and don't forget: You have RWD now .

44k miles in three years actually isn't a lot. Nevertheless, you'll see the benefits of a diesel - so long as the servicing costs aren't as ridiculously high as the Mini One D's my family have.
    Rear drive. That has been the big change. Yesterday I took the car to Montjuïc, to test the handling a bit and the first thing you notice is how nice the steering is. Unlike the Mini's it's not upset by the power or anything. I was a bit worried because those new BMW's have electric power steering and I thought that would ruin the feel, but I'm happy to report that this isn't the case. It's not as good as the Mini in that aspect but much better than anything Audi can manage that's for sure. It's a very balanced car, this. You can feel in the corners how if you press the throttle it doesn't go wide as the Mini did. The longer wheelbase makes it less agile in the corners but less frantic too. The Mini was a riot, this while not achieving Mini's level can be fun too, but then when you want to relax it can play those cards well too.

Oh and in case you were wondering, yes it can go sideways (Previous disengagement of the DTC ).
    Visca Catalunya!

Aggreed, the A6 is at 38,000mi in just over 2yrs
    but the Mazda is at 42,000mi in almost 15yrs

What milage has your yellow Mini done, something ridiculous wasn't it?

My mates Step-Dad covered 35,000mi in one year in a brand new Toyota Verso 2.2D-4D, and he's just added another 35,000mi to a 3yr old 320d

How does this 'StopStart' thing work exactly..?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    How does this 'StopStart' thing work exactly..?
    When you stop (at a junction, the lights, whatever...) knock it into neutral and step off the clutch the engine stops (if certain conditions are met). When you press the clutch it starts again.
    Visca Catalunya!

So...how does the thing sound on start-up? Does it sound like a truck or more like a gasoline-burning engine?

I've heard it sounds more like the latter now on cars like the Bluetec E320.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

When you stop (at a junction, the lights, whatever...) knock it into neutral and step off the clutch the engine stops (if certain conditions are met). When you press the clutch it starts again.
    Aaah, that was my guess. is that standard on the 1-Series?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information