Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Toyota FT-86 Concept #2
    Visca Catalunya!

Where drug dealers and asian stores are born, California
    It would be nice if this was going to be put into production, supposedly it will be, Toyota should go back to using their own engine instead of Subaru's Boxer. They know how to make good fun cars, they are too conservative now.
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”
    -Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by iwmakemh View Post
    It would be nice if this was going to be put into production, supposedly it will be, Toyota should go back to using their own engine instead of Subaru's Boxer. They know how to make good fun cars, they are too conservative now.
    this was the concept.. the production model has also been released. so it will be here in another year or so. as far as the engine, while i dislike engine swapping between brands, the joint development will lead to an economy of scale making it much more reasonable to develop and build, and thereby making it more cost effective, so they can sell it to us at a reasonable price.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    this was the concept.. the production model has also been released.
    When? And where?
    Visca Catalunya!

Appearance wise the concept was the FT-HS.

yeah... sorry. i got confused for a sec. i was thinking this was the FT-HS, and the geneva car (FT-86) was different. but this is a more production ready than the HS was.

yeah... sorry. i got confused for a sec. i was thinking this was the FT-HS, and the geneva car (FT-86) was different. but this is a more production ready than the HS was.
    I wonder if they are going to keep the name FT-86 the FT in toyota concepts means Future Toyota, if they change the name I really hope it doesn't get some directly translated one. Just imagine watching a tv ad and you hear, "It's the return of rear wheel drive... cower in fear as the new Toyota Happy Sporty is released in America!". Come on Toyota already did it to the UK with the Urban Cruiser XD

Toyota will have to change their bumper design to meet American crash safety standard crap -___-
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”
    -Jeremy Clarkson

I doubt it'll be called FT-86. Maybe they'll rescue on of their storic names like Sprinter Trueno or Celica. In any case, quite a car to look forward to.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I doubt it'll be called FT-86. Maybe they'll rescue on of their storic names like Sprinter Trueno or Celica. In any case, quite a car to look forward to.
    i don't expect it to be a celica, as the Scion Tc is the current celica. i would expect something with 86 in it (AF-86?), but Trueno is also likely. and i support that.

i don't expect it to be a celica, as the Scion Tc is the current celica. i would expect something with 86 in it (AF-86?), but Trueno is also likely. and i support that.
    I think it would be Levin, Toyota has used that name more recently than Trueno. There is always a possibility it will be marketed as a Corolla. There is a void left in the Corolla lineup after the sport versions got killed off. IDK about other countries but in America if you want a new hot Corolla you have to settle with the XRS.
    -Jeremy Clarkson

Corolla has all but disappeared from most European markets. It's now only the saloon version of the C-segment car. The main model is the Auris.
    Visca Catalunya!

love the look of this car. about them making it, i was reading a car mag and it is expected in December this year. i was thinking this car is a bit like the LFA. Only slower and is made by Toyota. their will be 2 Subaru engine a 150bhp and 300bhp. and base model will be 20k
    Last edited by thebrochureman; 01-18-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

This looks much more promising than the CR-Z which I found to be a huge disappointment. I like that it will have a Subaru boxer, because at least that engine has some performance pedigree as opposed to throwing in some hybrid engine or something. I look forward to a proper fun little cheap sports car from Toyota.

Subie has released pictures of their version, which I think looks much better.
    Apparently the Subaru will be altered fairly-drastically for production, though.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information