Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Boxster S Black Edition

Porsche Boxster S Black Edition

Porsche-Boxster_S_Black_Edition_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg Porsche-Boxster_S_Black_Edition_2011_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

The Porsche Boxster S Black Edition combines the timeless appeal of the classic open-roofed roadster with a powerful engine and dramatic styling. Just 987 will be available worldwide, each one finished in black and with a range of special features that accentuate the driving dynamics and muscular appearance of the two-seater sportscar.
    As is typical of a Porsche sportscar, at the heart of the Porsche Boxster S Black Edition beats a flat-six 'boxer' engine. Mounted in front of the rear axle behind the seats, the 3.4-litre six-cylinder engine is similar to that fitted to the Boxster S, with direct fuel injection for greater power and efficiency. In the Black Edition its output is 320 hp - 10 hp more than in the Boxster S. The revised engine reaches its rated power at 7,200 rpm, the Boxster S power pack at 6,400 rpm. Peak torque of 370 Nm - boosted by 10 Newton metres - is available at 4,750 rpm.
    This increase in output and power equals more dynamics, and the Porsche Boxster S Black Edition underpins its leading position with a superior driving performance. With its standard six-speed manual transmission, it accelerates from 0-62 mph in 5.2 seconds, a tenth of a second faster than the Boxster S. This extra performance has not been achieved at the expense of fuel economy, however, for the Porsche Boxster S Black Edition contents itself with as much fuel as the Boxster S: 28.8 mpg Combined (NEDC).

The Porsche Boxster S Black Edition goes on sale in the UK and Ireland from March 2011 and is priced from £47,426. Included in the purchase price is the invitation for customers to explore the dynamic attributes of their Boxster and develop their own skills behind the wheel, courtesy of a Driving Experience Programme at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone.

http://www.netcarshow.com/porsche/2011-boxster_s_black_edition/
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Limited to 987 units across the world, and which will go on sale in around two months. Appearance wise the Porsche Boxster S Black Edition includes various discrete features stainless steel door entry guards with the model lettering in black, a unique 3-spoke steering wheel with a black leather rim, a black instrument cluster.Black Colour is also extended in interior.Comfort and convenience is alo enhanced in this black edition.Great car.I dream to buy it some day..

Could you buy a black one before? A tenth of a second quicker to 60mph.. I trust there is not a whopping premium just because its black.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

£47.000 thats a lot of money, for £51,000 you can buy the Porsche Cayman R. that more Porsche for your money. Well thats what i think anyway.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

So they've added 10 horsepower and achieved a tenth quicker acceleration? To summarize then, this is a collectible Boxster that looks and drives just like .... every other boxster. The collectible car for people that can't afford actual collectible cars lol.

So it's just like any other Porsche.

All is well, then.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Somehow I get the thought that AMG isn't very happy right now.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Somehow I get the thought that AMG isn't very happy right now.
    LOL! Porsche wins the title for most original marketing team. I don't think Benz should be too worried though, because when Mercedes does a black series car, at least they give the vehicle a race car makeover. They don't just slap on a cold air intake for some puny power gains, paint the vehicle after the name, charge X amount more dollars for it and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    LOL! Porsche wins the title for most original marketing team. I don't think Benz should be too worried though, because when Mercedes does a black series car, at least they give the vehicle a race car makeover. They don't just slap on a cold air intake for some puny power gains, paint the vehicle after the name, charge X amount more dollars for it and call it a day.
    Benz do leave on an auto though... Real race car style.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Indeed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    £47.000 thats a lot of money, for £51,000 you can buy the Porsche Cayman R. that more Porsche for your money. Well thats what i think anyway.
    I think the Cayman S is probably better for resale, CAP valuation is slighly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by maccyd View Post
    I think the Cayman S is probably better for resale, CAP valuation is slighly higher.
    Not realy because only 19 Cayman R will built making it more rare.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Does anyone wonder if the OP is really here just to direct traffic to another web site?

As much as I hate to say it, an autobox with paddles is real racecar style now .

Well...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Thread Information