Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peugeot 206+ 2009-

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    who wants to buy a new car that looks like an old one?
    I do.

Especially considering all new Peugeots look awful.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I do.

of course you don't. the very fact we are talking is proof of this. but how many are we here? just a bunch of folks. how many of us are actually active? even less. How largw is our share in the market?...wait, we have a share?! cool!

and yeah, Pug look embarrassing.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Probably simply to save money by sharing parts.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

The planets have aligned yet again - we agree.

Off topic, can anyone attest to the quality of the Punto/Grand Punto by Fiat? I think they are pretty attractive cars for what they are to be honest. I saw it mentioned and I'm not sure that there is thread anywhere for them so I ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Off topic, can anyone attest to the quality of the Punto/Grand Punto by Fiat? I think they are pretty attractive cars for what they are to be honest. I saw it mentioned and I'm not sure that there is thread anywhere for them so I ask here.
    As a Grande Punto owner I can speak from experience.

After 40,000 kms and 3 years the car is still rattle free. No nasty creaks from interior plastics or clunking sounds from suspension. There are no leaks from engine, nor are there any water leaks into the car. Car starts up every time. No disco lights or electric faults.

Interior plastics are cheap and rock hard. Fortunately it does have pleasant matte dark finish and panels have faultless line-up. All the controls and displays are logically set out and easy to use. Seats and their trim is fine, they still look like new. Although well designed, the interior does have somewhat utilitarian feel to it and that may put people off.

Being a typical Italian car there some characteristic or, some may even say annoying features. Like notorious dashboard top vent trim - the long trim which directs air to windscreen can distort and stick up at drivers side because of a design fault. Some owners have replaced the trim under warranty, some prefer to glue it down and get on with it. Then there is a glovebox and its alignment. All minor issues really.

So - no, I do not have any serious complaints about the quality of little Punto. Fantastic little city car, great value for money. Unlucky for you Canadians that you can't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The planets have aligned yet again - we agree.

About the previous Punto, I drove a few times the mk3 of a friend, and besides being small and agile, it stops there. the electric steering is awful, the plastic used for the cockpit is very hard and it seems empty too, the seats aren't comfortable for long trips especially the head rests. There isn't much more to say about the interior because there isn't anything else to talk about. As a city car in 1995 when the mk1 debuted it was surely fantastic, but 10 years of small updates can't hide the age, especially after the improvements of the contenders.

on a side note, I also drive any now and then a version with the in house built methane injection, another mk3. It's freaking frugal, like 30 km/kg of methane (about 0.882 €/kg, petrol is 1,187 €/liter, diesel 1,053 €/liter and LPG is 0,567 €/kg) and the performance aren't directly affected, even considering it has the 1.2 liter, 54 bhp (petrol).
    the real issue is the lag, both when accelerating and decelerating. I'm used to the first, since both my mother and my father have diesel cars, but the second is pretty much difficult to get usd to in a short time. Basically when you raise your foot, the car keep going for (less than) a second, because all the gas pressurized in the rail has to go out.

So Punto Mk I and Mk IV good, all the others not so much as it seems.

I'd still go for none of those, probably a 2 or a Swift, if I wanted a B-segment car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

So Punto Mk I and Mk IV good, all the others not so much as it seems.

I'd still go for none of those, probably a 2 or a Swift, if I wanted a B-segment car.
    considering a Punto mk1 costs about 1.500 € in good conditions, it's not the same of a new Mazda.
    Probably the 2 is the best of the segment, since the Yaris lost some of its agility with the second gen, and all the others got fatter or bigger. The previos 2 was a bit of an ugly and anonymous car so it was easy to have a better follow up, still they could have messed up, which they didn't. I would be pretty interested to drive a new one.

About the 206+, it would be nice to compare it with an used 206 in good conditions, and see if the differences are worth the price (I bet about twice the used one's).

Automotive 'Smiley Face' infection update

contagion spreading .. source located
    Attached Images Attached Images

Peugeot have decided to ruin the only car you could possibly want from them.
    I disagree - I drove a 206 once it was diabolical would never buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by RenesisEvo View Post
    I disagree - I drove a 206 once it was diabolical would never buy one.
    me too, the rear end was a little too happy to leave me being a small family hatch (I read the CC was even worst from this point of view, calling for the ESP being standard).

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    I don't understand the point of the facelift AT ALL. Why try and make it look exactly like the newer 207?

The 206 was still offered as a budget choice after the 207 came out, but I'm guessing that with this facelift, the price, weight etc. all goes up, defeating the object of offering it in the first place.

The only way it could make any sense is if the price stayed low - but again: Why make it look more-or-less exactly the same as the 207 (and why have Peugeot hit all of their current range (repeatedly) with the ugly stick)?

Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    me too, the rear end was a little too happy to leave me being a small family hatch (I read the CC was even worst from this point of view, calling for the ESP being standard).
    For me it was an awful driving position (sat on top of the steering wheel almost), little feedback through the steering wheel, and slack and rubbery gear change - it was like the gear lever was in neutral, even with a gear engaged. Plus this car was less than 3 years old, and I had to bash the lower dashboard back in place when I got in

Thread Information