Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peugeot 206+ 2009-

Peugeot 206+ 2009-

Peugeot have decided to ruin the only car you could possibly want from them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 04-08-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Peugeot 206+ #2
    Visca Catalunya!

Peugeot 206+ #3
    Visca Catalunya!

Peugeot 206+ #4
    Visca Catalunya!

The interior is better.

But honestly, you wouldn't want one of those new anyway....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The interior is better.

But honestly, you wouldn't want one of those new anyway....
    Well I could see the point of it when it was the 206 (just like Renault is doing with the Clio and Fiat with the Punto). They are cheaper, lighter, faster and more frugal alternatives to the newer superminis. I'd have them over the 207, new Clio and Grande Punto.
    Visca Catalunya!

I would have thought with modern advances in Engine technology the newer cars would be better on fuel.

And honestly, I'd prefer to be safer in a new car. I know it's not cool to like new vehicles around these parts, but there, I said it.

Four doors looks very strange.

I would have thought with modern advances in Engine technology the newer cars would be better on fuel.
    Well they have, but they same engines are available in both cars, at least the diesels, so that cancels the theoretical advantage of the new car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Not necessarily.

As I suggested, Safety and tuning could affect outcomes.

Weight, perhaps, would deaden the effect, but these days most new cars are still quicker to a mark than there older cousins.

this could be described as an and-life facelift? (as opposed to a mid-life facelift - after all this car is at least 10 years in the market...)
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well I could see the point of it when it was the 206 (just like Renault is doing with the Clio and Fiat with the Punto). They are cheaper, lighter, faster and more frugal alternatives to the newer superminis. I'd have them over the 207, new Clio and Grande Punto.
    seriously, you wouldn't go for an old Punto (except maybe a free first gen).
    I drove one a few times, it ain't funny.

And honestly, I'd prefer to be safer in a new car. I know it's not cool to like new vehicles around these parts, but there, I said it.
    I generally agree, if I'm going after my everyday econobox, I want to spend my money in the a sensed way, and comfort and safety are a couple of things I would consider as rational.
    on the other hand, if I was looking for a small super rocket for the weekend, with the possibility of relying on another (properly) working car for every day commuting, I could even choose an old Renault 5 GT.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    seriously, you wouldn't go for an old Punto (except maybe a free first gen).
    I drove one a few times, it ain't funny.
    I'd probably go for a Clio Campus.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't understand the point of the facelift AT ALL. Why try and make it look exactly like the newer 207?

The 206 was still offered as a budget choice after the 207 came out, but I'm guessing that with this facelift, the price, weight etc. all goes up, defeating the object of offering it in the first place.

The only way it could make any sense is if the price stayed low - but again: Why make it look more-or-less exactly the same as the 207 (and why have Peugeot hit all of their current range (repeatedly) with the ugly stick)?
    Last edited by Clivey; 03-23-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    I don't understand the point of the facelift AT ALL. Why try and make it look exactly like the newer 207?

The 206 was still offered as a budget choice after the 207 came out, but I'm guessing that with this facelift, the price, weight etc. all goes up, defeating the object of offering it in the first place.

The only way it could make any sense is if the price stayed low - but again: Why make it look more-or-less exactly the same as the 207 (and why have Peugeot hit all of their current range (repeatedly) with the ugly stick)?
    about the look: it's identical to the 207 because actually this 206+ is sold as 207 in South America, where a new look was required by the market, but not a new underpinning. So the car already existed in this look before they decided to sell it here. AFAIK the 206 with the old look isn't assembled anymore since one year or so, so it wouldn't make sense to revive it now with a look (and so an assembly line) out of production.
    then, who wants to buy a new car that looks like an old one?

the price here in Italy is lower by a god margin (2.000 euros) than the 207 iirc, but seriously I can't compare them. With a similar look, and an older underpinning, I would prefer an extra off the price.

on the contrary the Punto mk3 and Clio phase2 never went out of production, and they are still available at lower prices than the replacements'. The same critics come after those two, the price could be even lower considering those cars are nearly cost free for the automaker.

why to sell those old models? because in this way you can move upmarket (means more expensive) the new ones, without creating a gap in the lineup. Because now that this crisis is biting everyone's butt, they are calling for cheaper things to buy, regardless of what they actually are, so these are fast answer to a problem solved also by Dacia but in a couple of years of development iirc. And because these cars, being old models, already recovered all their costs of design/development/production and with just a few modifications they are ready again for the market, with the possibility to gain quite some money.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information