Thread: Top Gear!!!

Top Gear!!!

Hey, everybody needs to know it: Top Gear!! Most of us will know it, most of us will get the issue every month, most of us will watch the tv-show, but who of us does also visit/has visited the show?? Well, what are you waiting for, and tell us all about it!!
    For those who doesn't know what I'm talking about, just hit www.topgear.com for its webpage.
    Besides, does anyone has all the cars at the cool-wall, and its 'rankings', according to Clarkson. Or maybe a link to it. Thynx @ 4hand.

(If there's already a thread about top gear, then I'm sorry I haven't found it, maybe a link will help..So don't get angry...)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shame though they're on their winter-break for the tv-show, I already miss it....

Yeah I watch it when I can...or download the reviews later
    Does anyone know if Top Gear ever reviewed the Enzo or the Carrera GT? I saw about every car that came out last year, except those.
    I downloaded an episode of 5th Gear (Tiff Needell) with the Enzo, but I would really love to see The Stig drive the Enzo or the Carrera GT at the test track.
    Dreaming of a Peugeot 106 Rallye...

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    Does anyone know if Top Gear ever reviewed the Enzo or the Carrera GT?
    Sadly not, but hopefully they will in the future. Obviously all the Enzos in Britain are sold and in the hands of their private owners and it would be at their discretion whether they would let Clarkson and Stig loose in it. Think about it, would you want to hand over the keys to your half-million pound hypercar to Clarkson and an anonymous lunatic former racing driver so they can thrash it around in their private airfield playground??? No, me neither! As far as I know there are no Carrera GTs in the UK yet for them to test, though I may be wrong about that. I know that they reviewed the Enzo in an older issue of the magazine but sadly I missed that one. Clarkson did drive and reviewed the Carrera GT in Germany and said it was an utterly faultless piece of engineering, but seemed to find it emotionally cold compared to the Ford GT he reviews in the same issue. I think it's just cause he hates Porsches in general, he's completely prejudiced against them for some reason.

I agree that TopGear is easily the best car show on British TV. However, as far as the magazine goes you can do a lot better. Evo magazine is by far the best sportscar enthusiast magazine I've ever read. In the most recent issue they borrow an Enzo, F50, F40 and 288 GTO and take them out into the Welsh mountians and thrashed them around in the rain for a whole weekend to see which was the ultimate Ferrari supercar. The result was a bit of a shocker: the F40 came last, then the Enzo, second was the GTO, but the F50 took the honours! They also thrashed a 288 GTO Evoluzione around Spa! If you love your sportscars I seriously recommend getting a subscription. www.evo.co.uk for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswithington
    Sadly not, but hopefully they will in the future. Obviously all the Enzos in Britain are sold and in the hands of their private owners and it would be at their discretion whether they would let Clarkson and Stig loose in it.
    Especially as the owner of a classic Jag D-type is still complaining about the damage they did to his classic racing car.
    Bent half-shafts and 'ruined' tyres were the seeming outcome of a few laps on the track.
    What I don't understand is what did the guy think was going to happen to his car ?
    So if you owned a very expensive car, what would YOU do ?

I like the tv show format. Clarkson will always be arrogant and opinionated as that's what's expected of him. His grovelling about Fords under the pretense of getting him a GT40 is great television

Quote Originally Posted by jameswithington

I agree that TopGear is easily the best car show on British TV. However, as far as the magazine goes you can do a lot better. Evo magazine is by far the best sportscar enthusiast magazine I've ever read. In the most recent issue they borrow an Enzo, F50, F40 and 288 GTO and take them out into the Welsh mountians and thrashed them around in the rain for a whole weekend to see which was the ultimate Ferrari supercar. The result was a bit of a shocker: the F40 came last, then the Enzo, second was the GTO, but the F50 took the honours! They also thrashed a 288 GTO Evoluzione around Spa! If you love your sportscars I seriously recommend getting a subscription. www.evo.co.uk for more details.
    Yeah EVO is a very good magazine...I buy it here in Holland for €9,- which is very expensive for a magazine I think. Also it's only available at a few quality book stores over here. But that's all totally worth it. The artciles about the Enzo and the Ferrari test you mentioned were the best car articles I have ever read.

Hey this EVO mag looks very promising!!! I'm gonna buy one rightaway, just to be sure. You think the one in stores now is also the ferrari-issue? Thynx!

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    Yeah EVO is a very good magazine...I buy it here in Holland for €9,- which is very expensive for a magazine I think. Also it's only available at a few quality book stores over here. But that's all totally worth it. The artciles about the Enzo and the Ferrari test you mentioned were the best car articles I have ever read.
    I agree! I'm a subscriber to the verisone Italian. Visited www.evo.co.it
    Paul

Didn,t think you guys in Europe could whatch, do you watch it live or the programmes recorded ?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha147
    Didn,t think you guys in Europe could whatch, do you watch it live or the programmes recorded ?
    Well I can get BBC here in Holland and there's a TV Station here that shows it.
    But I know most Top Gear stuff from downloading it from Racingflix.com

Quote Originally Posted by alpha147
    in denmark they have only showed 8 topgear television programs....
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

Thread Information