Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update turns iPhones into paper weights

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Wow, apple comes up with a product people actually want
    Yeah, cuz not many people bought those...what were they called again? iPods?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

just one reason why I've never bought into this franchise

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    iPods are about as complex as a stick of butter. Doesn't count
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I am going to wait until this situation gets sorted out before I buy an iphone (if I even end up getting one.) Also, the price will drop once it's been out on the market longer.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    iPods are about as complex as a stick of butter. Doesn't count
    WHAT?! doesnt count? You're out of your mind. They've sold over 100 million ipods...surely they make a product people love and buy.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    WHAT?! doesnt count? You're out of your mind. They've sold over 100 million ipods...surely they make a product people love and buy.
    Long live marketing hypes. Competitors make similar or better products and still people buy it. It has been used by various teachers here as a perfect example into scamming people by creating marketing hype's One of the reasons I'd never buy one.

Sony mastered it with the Playstations 1&2 and Mini too for example.. Be careful of your wallet and think before you buy, unless you buy something from me.

The all-knowing has spoken.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Yeah, bow before he runs you over in his Alto.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Long live marketing hypes. Competitors make similar or better products and still people buy it. It has been used by various teachers here as a perfect example into scamming people by creating marketing hype's One of the reasons I'd never buy one.

Sony mastered it with the Playstations 1&2 and Mini too for example.. Be careful of your wallet and think before you buy, unless you buy something from me.
    So are you agreeing with me or what? I think your saying I'm wrong...which I don't understand why. All I'm saying is that the ipod is a product that sells very well, sale's numbers dont lie. Nobody else has the wheel, nobody else has the full itunes compatibility. They are argueably the best looks mp3 players out there. And now they are the first to have usefull touch screen, direct itunes downloads, huge amounts of memory, safari web browser. etc etc.

Some of that is marketing..sure, but facts are facts. Mac makes products that sell very well, and the ipod is just another one of them.

EDIT: I would argue nobody has been scammed into buying an ipod ever. The halo 3 zune would be a better example of that.
    Last edited by werty; 10-01-2007 at 06:34 PM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    Yeah, bow before he runs you over in his Alto.
    I'm pretty sure I'd do more damage to the alto than it would to me...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    So are you agreeing with me or what? I think your saying I'm wrong...which I don't understand why. All I'm saying is that the ipod is a product that sells very well, sale's numbers dont lie. Nobody else has the wheel, nobody else has the full itunes compatibility. They are argueably the best looks mp3 players out there. And now they are the first to have usefull touch screen, direct itunes downloads, huge amounts of memory, safari web browser. etc etc.

Some of that is marketing..sure, but facts are facts. Mac makes products that sell very well, and the ipod is just another one of them.

EDIT: I would argue nobody has been scammed into buying an ipod ever. The halo 3 zune would be a better example of that.
    I agree with you totally. Having used a Mac for several years now, and having pretty much the iPod as my only port of call when buying an mp3 player, I don't feel forced or pressured into buying it- I'd rather have it over an iRiver.

Drakkie, what do you suggest the Mac users do, buy a $350 mp3 player that doesn't work with our machines, or spend $350 on a 160Gb player that looks great, works great and works with Macs?

You obviously haven't thought your argument through very well- there's a surprise! Remember that there are more types of computer users in this world than you give credit for. Mac users are people too. (Sort of).

iPods have always been class-leading on aesthetic quality. My 3rd-gen iPod from 2003 is working apart from a duff battery, so I bought one (including postage and refitting tools) for $16. So you can't argue that their longevity sucks, either.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Oh, and find me an mp3 player with WiFi that costs $300, please. Apple make it, and I'm pretty tempted. If you can find me a suitable alternative that works with Mac then I'll be impressed.

I agree with you totally. Having used a Mac for several years now, and having pretty much the iPod as my only port of call when buying an mp3 player, I don't feel forced or pressured into buying it- I'd rather have it over an iRiver.

Drakkie, what do you suggest the Mac users do, buy a $350 mp3 player that doesn't work with our machines, or spend $350 on a 160Gb player that looks great, works great and works with Macs?
    Apart from gigabeats, which mp3 players don't work on Macs? I know for a fact that iRivers do.

iPods have always been class-leading on aesthetic quality.
    Exactly. A lot of people only buy them because they look cool.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Apart from gigabeats, which mp3 players don't work on Macs? I know for a fact that iRivers do.
    Maybe I should clarify. Players that are integrated with the iTunes software.

Exactly. A lot of people only buy them because they look cool.
    They feel built to last to me, not just looking 'cool'. Quality is important to me, and I'd rather have a top-quality product from Apple than a crap product from someone else... at the same price.

They feel built to last to me, not just looking 'cool'. Quality is important to me, and I'd rather have a top-quality product from Apple than a crap product from someone else... at the same price.
    Yep, I totally agree. Except for the fact that my 1st nano broke in less than 48hrs, this new nano they sent me has lasted a year even though it's been dropped during heavy-duty headbashing, crushed, and abused in other ways.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

The first Nano was a terrible design, but anyone who expects a perfect design from a first release needs their head checking.

They're built tough.

Thread Information