Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Africa's biggest export?

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Seff effrikans speak funny, yah?

What are they, Epic Westy Bogans?
    Lol, and you Ozzie okes should know seeing how many of us now live in the land where women glow and men plunder

Who knows, in a couple of years' time this might be what the Australian accent sounds like...

EDIT: Adding the already mentioned "Enter the Ninja" for sh!ts & giggles EDIT #2: As before, video is NSFW

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3f4xU_FfQ"]Enter the Ninja[/ame]
    Last edited by Kooper; 02-10-2010 at 04:00 AM.

If you've ever been to Western Australia, you'll know that half the place already sounds like it was born on the Cape, ya?

<cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

So due to the line about PC ownership I was intending to show everyone I know the first video because it's all really funny for so many reasons, however following the second video I am now speechless. The guy might talk about people thinking he's a psycho but... I'm pretty sure he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    if u like chicks w/ mullets and ones that wear their shorts like my grandma does (shudders). Also, if those tattoos were real, someone should check if that artist has a license, they were horrible
    Hey man, different folks, different strokes...
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

Look! 'Es gotcher noz, 'es gotcher noze!

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Lol, and you Ozzie okes should know seeing how many of us now live in the land where women glow and men plunder
    I'm not Australian, but pretty sure that's "chunder", not plunder.

An' they're not nearly as difficult to understand as Scots. As to this guy's lingo, let's hope SA accents remain uh, coloquial.
    Like Watts squizzle.

Fo' shizzle.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_ko9E4nQJ8[/ame]

It's hard to believe that both come from the same country.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Performance art.... and pretty good satire.

Well, it didn't take much to find out what this group is really about. Impressive performance art from the 2 principals, quite smart and subversive. What's really interesting is how few in the target demographic get that they're being played. If they can profit from the stupidity of the masses, good for them. What I really think is going on is presentation of a message that will be missed by that audience.

The origins of the group are sort of like Devo in the late 1970s: art school types cleverly co-opting current pop. Their first joint was as Max Normal.tv... here's their own wiki page. An interesting read of Yolandi and Max's own South African soap-opera, performance art designed as entertainment.

Max Normal.tv - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The older vids are very entertaining, but not nearly as much of a send up on hip-hop culture as their current ID: Die Antwoord.
    I like this early one best... it's sharp, funny and quite serious all at once.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRy6pBpwVbk&feature=related[/ame]
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Thread Information