Page 480 of 500 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

The cars will gain alot simply through the electronics so you'd have some pretty crazy plans to go straight with a new blower unit etc. Just as an example, compared to the NA engine its down 1000rpm where theres nothing on this blown engine holding it back from the NA's 7000rpm except perhaps the combination of high rpm wear and high torque wear as far as the transmission is concerned. Theyre also only running the intake cam phasers but you wont get much more from that as plenty of people have been saying the current Ford ECU's cant run 4 cam phasers and such thats one reason why a new XR8 could be as much as 12-18 months away if they want to run the Mustang motor. The main limiting factors are its a small capacity blower and its already got a pretty small pulley running it.

B series had it too as its the main diff bush and its still basically the same rear end and especially the diff carrier, with most changes to accomodate the new front end. You can supposedly fix it by going with a nolathane type bush to replace the stock rubber one.
    I am the Stig

LOL
    piece form courier mail:

Queensland police have charged a 21-year-old man for allegedly tattooing a phallic image on the back of his friend.

The man from Bundamba, near Ipswich, faces two charges of assault occasioning bodily harm after he tattooed a 40cm penis and an accompanying distasteful comment on the 25-year-old alleged victim.

Police claim that the pair had an argument before the alleged incident.

He will appear in Ipswich Magistrates Court on November 15.

Detective Constable Paul Malcolm from Ipswich Police says the victim was horrified after he realised his mate had altered the tattoo he was expecting to have done.

‘‘The victim wasn’t interested (in a tattoo) at first but he was talked into it and he said he wanted a Yin and Yang symbol with some dragons,’’

‘‘The bloke started doing the tattoo and there was another bloke standing there watching saying, ‘Mate, it’s looking really good.’

‘‘He was told not to go out into the sun and not to show anyone for a few weeks.

‘‘When he got home he showed it to the person he lives with and she said: ‘I don’t think it’s the tattoo you were after’.’’

The victim says he wants to remove the tattoo but will cost him around $2000 to do so.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

40cm!?! That'll rub right out.

sorry.... someone had to say it.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    40cm!?! That'll rub right out.

sorry.... someone had to say it.
    And a gold star for you...

Seems to be quite the upgrade on the old permanent marker while passed out version.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

my favourite is this random guy/troll:
    another bloke standing there watching saying, ‘Mate, it’s looking really good.’
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    my favourite is this random guy/troll:
    Was curious if he was a random guy or another friend who also didn't like him/thought it was funny.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

The poor dude. Still, thats what you get for being Vague about a 40cm Tattoo on your back.

Know what you want, otherwise you'll get shafted.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i see what you did there.

It's not a penis, it's a... penis dragon.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Well it's the first thing I thought of when I read this story;

"Oh, it's just a dragon with a yin/yang ball at the bottom."

This story is worthless without pics.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    The cars will gain alot simply through the electronics so you'd have some pretty crazy plans to go straight with a new blower unit etc. Just as an example, compared to the NA engine its down 1000rpm where theres nothing on this blown engine holding it back from the NA's 7000rpm except perhaps the combination of high rpm wear and high torque wear as far as the transmission is concerned. Theyre also only running the intake cam phasers but you wont get much more from that as plenty of people have been saying the current Ford ECU's cant run 4 cam phasers and such thats one reason why a new XR8 could be as much as 12-18 months away if they want to run the Mustang motor. The main limiting factors are its a small capacity blower and its already got a pretty small pulley running it.

B series had it too as its the main diff bush and its still basically the same rear end and especially the diff carrier, with most changes to accomodate the new front end. You can supposedly fix it by going with a nolathane type bush to replace the stock rubber one.
    I know they need a cut price V8. but 12-18 months sounds like the GS might fill the spot on a semi full time basis.. so these computer limitations are strange. why is it they didn't have ready to go with the car, im sure they had plenty of time to get all in readiness. and i'm slightly shocked fpv will be 18 months ahead.

So we have an engine that will flat out do 7000rpm, but with blower to keep in check internals they will hold it back 1000rpm. it's not like it's going missing, i mean the motor with blower still pulls that torque flat as. that's the beauty of what i have seen so far from it. i'm waiting for it to be compared to the turbo 6. i think the v8 will take it... those diff issues sound like 1 of many issues holdens diffs have had over the years.

so how big is the supercharger ?. is it like the new turbo on the 6 smaller and less boost able for after-market ?.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    LOL

The man from Bundamba, near Ipswich, faces two charges of assault occasioning bodily harm after he tattooed a 40cm penis and an accompanying distasteful comment on the 25-year-old alleged victim.
    Can't believe no-one said clever dick.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    I know they need a cut price V8.
    Its very little "need", moreso "want". The XR6T is still there in the same market as the SS and its the same people that still bought BA-BF2 XR8's that would buy a new one if it got the NA engine. Theres (IMO) surprisingly still a large amount of people saying they'd snub the XR6T and pick the SS as its either not a V8 or its turbo and perceived to have higher running costs in the long term.

but 12-18 months sounds like the GS might fill the spot on a semi full time basis.. so these computer limitations are strange. why is it they didn't have ready to go with the car, im sure they had plenty of time to get all in readiness. and i'm slightly shocked fpv will be 18 months ahead.
    GS IS full time now. Reason theyre in this situation now is because Ford pulled the rug from underneath FPV at the last minute and wanted "their" XR8 back. A couple of months ago if you walked into FPV you'd see FPV XR8 mules with the blown 315 engine. I'm lead to believe though if you were there a year or two ago XR8 had had its obituary signed before FPV decided to go with branding the car under themselves instead of the current GS/GT.

So we have an engine that will flat out do 7000rpm,
    Depending on what theyve changed. Some people believe the rods FPV change are the BOSS302 spec rods which can handle 7500rpm, but that engine has different heads as well.

but with blower to keep in check internals they will hold it back 1000rpm. it's not like it's going missing, i mean the motor with blower still pulls that torque flat as. that's the beauty of what i have seen so far from it.
    I dont think the revs are being held back for the engines sake, i think the gearboxes cant cope. Theyve had to go to the 650nm version of the auto, and the manuals are running the GT500 clutch.

i'm waiting for it to be compared to the turbo 6. i think the v8 will take it... those diff issues sound like 1 of many issues holdens diffs have had over the years.
    Theres been a couple of comparos so far, still pretty close between the F6, GT (IIRC GT-P was tested which is a little bit heavier) and GTS. One test they did was a rolling acceleration test, but not the usual 80-120, something more like 40-160 which i think was the only test the blown V8 had a reasonable gap. The F6 was still fractionally faster on the 80-120 test.

so how big is the supercharger ?. is it like the new turbo on the 6 smaller and less boost able for after-market ?.
    1.9L, same as the Walkinshaw kits for the Commodores. IIRC the Ford Racing Whipple kits are somewhere around 2.1-2.3L (similar to most of Fords recent blown 4.6's in the states).
    I am the Stig

I popped a wheelie on my bike last night at L training.

Got shitty at the U Turn so revved it up and clutch popped and the front came up for about 2 secs. Scared me sh!tless but im giggling now
    The Datto will rage again...

Latest TGA drove that mental Impreza ATV from NZ up the Race to the Sky track. Then a V8 Supercar through Balmain - he got stuck in a mini roundabout that even normal (pillock) drivers get stuck on. It's amusing sitting in the pub that's there watching people fail.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information