Thread: Two super sedans from Techart and Brabus ...

Two super sedans from Techart and Brabus ...

This week two leading German tuners have revealed their latest four door sedan, based respectively on the current generation Porsche Panamera Turbo and the Mercedes-Benz S 600. Techart's take on the Panamera is dubbed the GrandGT. Like the original, it is powered by a 4.8 litre V8 engine, equipped with two turbochargers. Techart's engineer have tweaked it to produce an impressive 571 bhp and 830 Nm of torque. The engine's cosmetics have also been addressed with several of the black plastics replaced by carbon fibre bits. The exterior has also been extensively modified and sports a wide body kit and a rear wing. The massive wheel arches can accommodate wheels of up to 22 inch in diameter. In a fortnight, the GrandGT will debut at Auto Zurich and later in November, it will be featured on Techart's Essen Motor Show display.
    For raw power few tuners can match Brabus. With 788 bhp available, their latest creation, the SV12 R Biturbo 800, is certainly no exception. One of the side effects of the engine modifications is a torque figure of 1420 Nm. This has been limited to 1100 to keep the gearbox in one piece. The exterior tweaks are more subtle than on the Techart and it is the interior where the latest SV12 really stands out. Beautifully appointed with luxurious leather, the passenger compartment, on the iBusiness version, is fully equipped with Apple components like iPad and Macbook docks. We expect the SV12 R Biturbo 800 to make an appearance at Essen as well.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Brabus SV12 R Biturbo 800 - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Techart GrandGT - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

the Panamera is so ugly though
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

The TechArt is ugly I think we'll all accept that, but it's still an incredible car and if I saw one I would know better than to try and race it in anything short of a Veyron or similar - and I doubt I'll find myself in that situation as I've never even seen a Veyron in person.

I do however, love most things that Brabus do and their S-Class and CL-Class versions are my favourite. I have seen a few Brabus's around Brisbane (Australia) and they always look spectacular and I can't even imagine how glorious it would be to feel 800hp under your foot in the Mercedes flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    the Panamera is so ugly though
    I saw my first Panamera in person this past summer and it was actually very slick looking. I don't know how it would look with that wing on the back but it might work for it.

Thread Information