Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Countdown is on!

The Countdown is on!

Not many of you know, but Wouter and I have never met in person. We've been chatting online for probably 3 years or so, and have talked on the phone twice. Of course some people may start thinkin weird crap about chatting with someone on the net, then finally meeting them after 3 yrs.

The even weirder part of it all, is that I met Wouter's parents this past summer, which was very cool. They were travelling over here in Canada and passed through town. Henk (Pieter) even tricked me into eating raw herring.

Well, we're finally getting together for our first in-person "executive board meeting". He's flying over here next week for the NAIAS Press days, then we have a few days off the next weekend before him and I fly to Palm Beach for the Cavallino Classic.

6 Days to go. (I hope Wouter knows what 2 feet of snow looks like, j/k)
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    Not many of you know, but Wouter and I have never met in person. We've been chatting online for probably 3 years or so, and have talked on the phone twice. Of course some people may start thinkin weird crap about chatting with someone on the net, then finally meeting them after 3 yrs.

The even weirder part of it all, is that I met Wouter's parents this past summer, which was very cool. They were travelling over here in Canada and passed through town. Henk (Pieter) even tricked me into eating raw herring.

Well, we're finally getting together for our first in-person "executive board meeting". He's flying over here next week for the NAIAS Press days, then we have a few days off the next weekend before him and I fly to Palm Beach for the Cavallino Classic.

6 Days to go. (I hope Wouter knows what 2 feet of snow looks like, j/k)
    It'd be funny if you guys got in a fist-fight. Have fun w/ each other.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

That's gotta be cool to meet after so long. There's a few members I'd like to meet in person too someday
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

"Hey, you're a 56 year old man who weighs 250kg's!"

I saw him playing soccer once.... I dont think he knows what two feet of snow is like, cos the maximum we get around here is a feet if we're lucky.

proof of the herring
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    (I hope Wouter knows what 2 feet of snow looks like, j/k)
    There was 2 metres last year during skiing
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    proof of the herring
    ROFLMAO......Owned

proof of the herring
    lol, whats so special about that ?We all do it here ?It tastes great... guess those americans arent used to that kinda stuff

If its pickled herring, people do it here as well.....although the only person ive really seen eat the stuff is my dad, and hes dutch....so go figure
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    If its pickled herring, people do it here as well.....although the only person ive really seen eat the stuff is my dad, and hes dutch....so go figure
    it is raw salted herring and comes with small pieces of onion. excellent stuff. good ones really melt on your tongue

sounds pretty close to the stuff you can get in the delicatessans here
    I am the Stig

proof of the herring
    Henk, you were trying to get that girl on the right wasnt you?
    dont blme ya. j/k
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    That's gotta be cool to meet after so long. There's a few members I'd like to meet in person too someday
    Same here, just a few, but they're "special"

we should have a ucp get together. at wouters place
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Thread Information