View Poll Results: Who do you think is the best moderator at ucp?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matra et alpine

11 13.41%
  • Wouter Mellisen

7 8.54%
  • Egg nog

9 10.98%
  • Crisis

1 1.22%
  • Coventrysucks

3 3.66%
  • Ibrakeforrainbows

1 1.22%
  • Megotmea 7

2 2.44%
  • Niko fx

4 4.88%
  • Matt

6 7.32%
  • TrueChaoZ

0 0%
  • <Aaa-mod>

1 1.22%
  • NoOne

1 1.22%
  • nopassn

1 1.22%
  • Other, state cos i forgot him.

3 3.66%
  • They are all equally good, a great bunch of guys!

32 39.02%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ucp' best mod?

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    How many votes can we make?

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    How many votes can we make?
    if we can vote in some mods i vote in
    -matra et alpine
    -egg nog
    -nopassn
    -ibrakr4r.

not order...
    ucp's Biggest lotus fan***

Narb's collection of pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    You created that username for this very day--

So when we say all the mods do their best and no one is better than anyone else.

DAMN it. You ARE the best by that logic. I hate Plato
    LMAO I hadn't even considered that .... 11903 members (at this post) is it safe to assume that 11848 are voting for NoOne? j/k

Ah, the Famous "Those who don't vote vote for NoOne" Scheme.

But it kind of has merit.........
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I can understand why people have voted for Matra, its mainly because he has a wide knowledge of cars etc.
    But does he deserve to be crowned best moderator? No.

This thread is for the best Moderator, ( the one that does the best job).

I had last night said some bad langauge to karrmann this was inapropriate from me i know, however i did cover the swearing with stars (F*k.)

In the past mods have been kind and to approch giving me a telling off.

For example IB4R says "how are you", "Thanks for your cooperation" etc.

But Matra, gives me a lifetime ban warning, And "get lost", "you need some support to control your anger" and "if you had left it would have meant nothing". - Whats this about?

If i had told matra to get some anger mangement id be banned straight away.

I dont think this is the way to approch somebody, i have recentley been able to control my ways on ucp, and its not like ive been swearing constantly.

Matra is taking being a mod to serious, your losing your reputation.... I know other Members/Mods who think the same.

IMO.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Strange, you admit to use foul language to other members, and still you are unhappy to be addressed in a corresponding way. I think we should also not forget that you had several serious dealings with Matra in your previous UCP live, which ultimately resulted in a life time ban. This may have coloured the image you have about Matra. You may have your own opinion about who is the best monitor, but that should refrain you from making negative statements about other mods, who happen to be in high esteem by others, to be followed by unsubstantiated remarks about what other mods may think about him.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    I can understand why people have voted for Matra, its mainly because he has a wide knowledge of cars etc.
    But does he deserve to be crowned best moderator? No.

This thread is for the best Moderator, ( the one that does the best job).

I had last night said some bad langauge to karrmann this was inapropriate from me i know, however i did cover the swearing with stars (F*k.)

In the past mods have been kind and to approch giving me a telling off.

For example IB4R says "how are you", "Thanks for your cooperation" etc.
    OK< Jim, time to expose all the lies from ther first time you and aI had a run in.

I spent HOURS on messenger and PMs with you trying to help and get you back after basn and advised you on the way you should behave in a ;public forum and trying to help. All of it was in kindness and all of it was polite with PLENTY of "nice happy-chppey phrases"

You spread malicious lies about the interaction, you contiued to be abusive and woudl NOT AGREE to letting me publicise the messages archived.

So, lets stop it now.

You don't like the way I reprimand you for the languate ? Fine. BUt lets not pretend it was only the F*k word. Be honest and own up to ALL of it. Own up for once. We don't get too hung up on the occasional abuse now and then, but it reeked of your "old self" - the one you told us was "UK Cars" and that "UCR" was different.
    But Matra, gives me a lifetime ban warning, And "get lost", "you need some support to control your anger" and "if you had left it would have meant nothing". - Whats this about?
    What it said. If you had ignored Kaarman's post and carried on his jumping lock woudl have meant nothing. As it was it started to get personal.
    The "warning" was that if it continued you'd face a lifetime ban on the IP. I think that a reasonable warning to someone who WAS banned for life and who many stood up to give another chance.
    If i had told matra to get some anger mangement id be banned straight away.
    Not true and you know it.
    You KNOW how supportive I was of you even when you WERE presonally abusive on messenger !!
    I was TRYING to advise you back on to a level keel.
    As I had before on your return - are you forgetting all those messages ??
    I dont think this is the way to approch somebody, i have recentley been able to control my ways on ucp, and its not like ive been swearing constantly.
    Those 2 posts were enough to warrant a wrnign to ANYONE.
    To another person the warnign woudl have been the possibility of a one day ban. Your past actions led to a lifetime ban , the "rules" of UCP we adhere to mean a lifetime ban of your IP as the next censure for you. Only trying to remind you of that.
    Matra is taking being a mod to serious, your losing your reputation.... I know other Members/Mods who think the same.

IMO.
    I'm happy to hear feedback from all users and mods.
    I passed this issue ON TO THE OTHER MODS as I knew you'd kick off like this.
    Just didn't expect it sooooo soon
    I DO take the task of mod on UCP as 'serioius' as there are MANY young folks who come here to learn about cars. It won't do Wouter's site and reptuation any good if it starts to appear on ban lists for abuse monitors. THAT is likely to happen with the more modern abuse monitors that block sites.
    In this case it was the language but also the persoanl attack (again) which we'd already tried to suggest was best for both of you to back off from.
    I'm more than happy to leave Jim to his devices, just what happens when a user is then upset at the NEXT mod and the next and the next ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Ok.

I really am not botherd, i admit i wasnt that nice to you sometimes but your very imtimidating.

Ok, ive said it before , cant we forget what i did in the past?

Ive said ill stop it to you before and i have, ive got along with you, so why bring all that crap up again?

What did i do to you when i swore at karrmann?

Dont reply i cant be arsed replying to your reply.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

You spread malicious lies about the interaction
    You called me a peedo!

messenger hass nothing to do with ucp.

I've never once had an issue with Matra et Alpine. He's always been polite, and helpful to me - and as far as I know, everyone but you UCP. I don't think the fact that you are all bent around the axle about your perceived mistreatment. Face it, you're a some what of a trouble maker, and don't speak for other people about having a problem with matra... If they have a problem with him, they need to speak up...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

I know of people who dont like, him but they are to scared to say.

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    I know of people who dont like, him but they are to scared to say.

And they're not ashamed of being such chickens?
    Why not put an end to this? You're kind of an amusing member when you're up to. Can't see a reasonable reason to bring it all up again. Do you really enjoy being here or do you need to be the centre of all attentions?
    Come on! Do us a favour and keep being just one of the community. You are a very valuable member when your not nagging Karmman or Matra.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

well, they need to speak up. because having you a their "front man" isn't really helping their cause at all.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

I cant name them, for obvious reasons.
    Its up to them.

I enjoy being at ucp and enjoy talking with you car guys, but why does everyone think i want to be centre of attension?

Im putting this behind me now, and i didnt start this off , all i did was swore at karrmann.

Thread Information