Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Important: User Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    That sounds outrageous given that the points issue was to promote quality and not quantity. I am not questioning the quality of FPV's posts, but I think this relationship should not be made.
    I totally agree, I had made this suggestion 01-17-04
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I propose that spreading rep be cut down to either 10 posts or be cut out altogether and just put a cap on the maimum amout attainable , there is no difference as to whether a user has attained 35 points or 45 points, they are still a reputable poster. I personally prefer the latter option, a user can attain the highest rating (IE: 40 points) and maintain it with good posts, or lose points if the post quality deteriates.
    I still maintain this would be the best use of the reputation system

I dont mind the rep system as far as it allows us to softly censor the more mindless and idiotic posts. If you browse this site you will quickly get an idea of who is who and in most cases rep points are a pretty accurate indication of the persons quality of posts. As far as im concerned anyone who has accumulated 15 or more has obvioulsy made some reasonable posts. I have learnt a lot from many of you, EggNog, Nildo, Megotmea7 , you guys knowledge astounds me. The boys ( no offence ) from Oz, Falcon 500 and FPVGTHO likewise knowledge about V8 supercar racing and Australian cars made before they were born is equally impressive. NoOnes posts are always quality and nobody who read the post about the accident he was involved would have done it without being moved. Henk has made me accept there are good deisel cars out there , although as long as they make rear wheel drive V8s I still dont think I'll ever have one. I'll leave Citroens out of this. MatraEt Alpine, despite owning too many cars, is also a wealth of knowledge on motorsport, technology and Scotch. Misho , wherever he is, taught me a lot at a time when the world seemed to be taking sides and people were making some fairly sweeping and innacurate comments. There are many others . I look forward every morning and afternoon to checking these forums to see what you guys have to say. I have had discussions and disagreements with most of you at some stage, yet in most cases been able to repsect , if not agree with your opinions. I enjoy dishing out points to the good posts and get a certain satisfaction in dissing the dumb ones. I hope this was not seen as condescending or blowing wind up your collective arses but dont sweat the rep points. I rekon you would mostly agree with my observations.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Henk has made me accept there are good deisel cars out there , although as long as they make rear wheel drive V8s I still dont think I'll ever have one.
    Thanks for the compliment, but I think you could have been even more convincing if you had spelled the word diesel correctly. ,
    Next time it will cost you a rep point, and being close to 1000 posts, it could even be two.

Anyway, there are some pretty powerful V8 rear driven diesel cars out there which would be quite a handful for the Holdens and the Fords.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Henk has made me accept there are good deisel cars out there , although as long as they make rear wheel drive V8s I still dont think I'll ever have one.
    What car is diesel, rwd, and has V8?
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Doza
    The BMW 7 Series, the Mercedes S-Class, and soon the Maserati Quattroporte. The Audi V8 is AWD as is the Phaeton, but that has a V10.

before he retired, Peter Hanenberger expressed his interest in a 6 something litre V8 turbo diesel making its way into future commodores. all part of holdens commitment to get to something like 6.8L/100km fuel consumption by 2010 i think it is. with GM giving holden a major hand in the design of the 2006 VE commodore i think its very safe to say that by 2010 it will still be RWD
    I am the Stig

What I meant is that while there are rear wheel drive petrol engined V8s, I would probably not buy a diesel.

I have a question, I have received some reputation points with a little green dot next to it which actually gives me some points, but I have also received reputation points which don't have the green dot and don't add up anything. I know they are positive cause they put a message like "good post" etc

So what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I have a question, I have received some reputation points with a little green dot next to it which actually gives me some points, but I have also received reputation points which don't have the green dot and don't add up anything. I know they are positive cause they put a message like "good post" etc

So what does that mean?
    Users who have less than 20 posts cannot rate. They can say "I aprrove" and send a positive message, but unfortunately it is only adding +0. Thus, it's not green or red.

i personally think that when someone gives a rating (weather +ve or -ve), it should be known to the person who received that rating who gave it to him.
    i was looking at my rep comments and one of them was "you suck nigga".
    i can guess where it came from, but what good is that. its probably from a coward who used this feature to hide his identity. if you are going to give a rating, you should not be afraid to say it was you, weather its a good or bad comment.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

oh yeah, someone else gave me a non-green rating and in his comment he said "+1 great pics from the sultans airplane" !! i dont know if he accidentally gave -ve rather than the intended +ve, or if he has less than 20 posts to make his rating count.
    in both cases, i think it would have been better to know the user.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    i personally think that when someone gives a rating (weather +ve or -ve), it should be known to the person who received that rating who gave it to him.
    i can guess where it came from, but what good is that. its probably from a coward who used this feature to hide his identity. if you are going to give a rating, you should not be afraid to say it was you, weather its a good or bad comment.
    Cowards can't hide tht well, I've placed a 1 week ban on him.

Racial slurs will NOT be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    I see that NoOne has already dealt with that, but one question remains. Can somebody explain how or where to look for rep comments. Pointing at the green dot only tells me that I am still on a distinghuised road.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    Cowards can't hide tht well, I've placed a 1 week ban on him.

Racial slurs will NOT be tolerated.
    I'm not sure that a week is enought for a gutless shot like that but your the modulator. It is good to make known that the moderators CAN see who does this.

You mean 20 posts or 20 rep points?? I have more than 20 posts and I've given people rep points (approve/disapprove) and their points still the same...

Thread Information