Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

I hope GT5 isn't just a much prettier version of GT4.....but I have a bad feeling it will be. I know that WRC and NASCAR are going to be in there, but I don't see myself spending much time with either. I don't do NASCAR and there's no way they're going to nail offroad rally as well as dedicated games have done long ago. I guess we'll all being going back and forth about it until the final product arrives next year.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    ... I guess we'll all being going back and forth about it until the final product arrives next decade.
    QFT..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The good thing in Enthusia was exactly that. First of all the cars were "driven", so even the best car in the game could suck in that race because the virtual driver sucked. like racing with a real dude, he can use the beest car but that doesn't mean he will win.
    Also, being good enough, you could win against an NSX or GT-R at Tsukuba with a Renault Clio RS, and with many other underdogs on different tracks, while in others you just needed more power or speed. It was a more realistically developed game, about driving cars rather than something just about reading their specs.

I'm afraid GT5 will be just as GT4, which was like GT3. Can't say GT3 and GT2 were the same, mainly because of the different console, and GT2 was a nice expansion of GT1, but features-wise in GT3 too little was added to justify the fuzz, GT4 was no exception and GT5 will be even worse, given it's in the making basically since before Sony Entertainment itself was established.
    You're absolutely right. In GT3 and GT4, if you can't win, you can't win. There's no other way to win unless you decide to dump a $100,000+ on your car to modify the crap out of it, add grippier tires, etc. Rinse and repeat for everything. The AI never changed- they take the same driving line all the time. Okay, in GT4 maybe they'll give you more points if you used a crappy car and fought your way up a good bit. But then again, you never cashed in those points for anything anyway.

It really gets boring, and I stayed to modification and lap times instead of winning more races once I got really comfortable with money and all. The collecting honestly was more fun than racing, which is pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Isn't there a point were more can't be added and you've got just to go out and drive?

On that basis GT5 could be good, in the same way that all those other so-called driving simulators are good, it provides entertainment.
    The collecting part is awesome. I felt like Jay Leno almost.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    I hope GT5 isn't just a much prettier version of GT4.....but I have a bad feeling it will be. I know that WRC and NASCAR are going to be in there, but I don't see myself spending much time with either. I don't do NASCAR and there's no way they're going to nail offroad rally as well as dedicated games have done long ago. I guess we'll all being going back and forth about it until the final product arrives next year.
    We'll have to wait and see.

The good thing in Enthusia was exactly that. First of all the cars were "driven", so even the best car in the game could suck in that race because the virtual driver sucked. like racing with a real dude, he can use the beest car but that doesn't mean he will win.
    Also, being good enough, you could win against an NSX or GT-R at Tsukuba with a Renault Clio RS, and with many other underdogs on different tracks, while in others you just needed more power or speed. It was a more realistically developed game, about driving cars rather than something just about reading their specs.

I'm afraid GT5 will be just as GT4, which was like GT3. Can't say GT3 and GT2 were the same, mainly because of the different console, and GT2 was a nice expansion of GT1, but features-wise in GT3 too little was added to justify the fuzz, GT4 was no exception and GT5 will be even worse, given it's in the making basically since before Sony Entertainment itself was established.
    But then Enthusia sucked because it wasn't compatible with wheels....only pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    But then Enthusia sucked because it wasn't compatible with wheels....only pads.
    I'm not into buying a 200 $ wheel, and I was pretty good at modulating the pressure on the keys too. SCAR has a better game engine about the pressure on each key, it was damn difficult to accelerate without smoking the tires with the racing 8C Competizione or the 33 Daytona, but after a while I learned how to do that and it was definitely "satisfying".

I think Enthusia is the one I played the most, a part from the first NFS which was the only auto game I had for years
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Driving that 33 sideways everywhere was a joy - up until the moment everything went terribly wrong and you crashed into a piece of scenery...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm not into buying a 200 $ wheel, and I was pretty good at modulating the pressure on the keys too. SCAR has a better game engine about the pressure on each key, it was damn difficult to accelerate without smoking the tires with the racing 8C Competizione or the 33 Daytona, but after a while I learned how to do that and it was definitely "satisfying".

I think Enthusia is the one I played the most, a part from the first NFS which was the only auto game I had for years
    You are banished from all driving sims!

Knocked a few more seconds off my times but i'm still 7s off the pace in both cars. Changing the controls to the R2/L2 triggers helps a bit, but X and [] still seem more natural.
    I am the Stig

So, is this demo actually any fun? The buzz I've heard has been largely negative.

How does it compare to Prologue?

Having just 2 events makes it pretty boring. Prologue was alot better, but also actually cost something.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Knocked a few more seconds off my times but i'm still 7s off the pace in both cars. Changing the controls to the R2/L2 triggers helps a bit, but X and [] still seem more natural.
    I just use the right analogue stick now. I use it because my thumbs are mashed in from playing too much Gran Turismo.

Not enough reaction time between braking and accelerating with the right stick for me. Or the ability to do both. Plus it just feels weird playing with both sticks at once.
    I am the Stig

Hm I'm not convinced this is the real list. Why would they make S65 L AMG? Bah. Theres R420 CDI in the list, but would rather be E420 CDI! They have to include E420 CDI or i'l go mad!

so what are everyone's times and rankings on the demo?

im at 1'40.931 and 1'55.360, ranked 6306. i need to work on the stock car and knock off a few seconds to be happy with what ive done. but im only 5 secs of the leader in the tuned car, pretty respectable for no wheel.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    so what are everyone's times and rankings on the demo?

im at 1'40.931 and 1'55.360, ranked 6306. i need to work on the stock car and knock off a few seconds to be happy with what ive done. but im only 5 secs of the leader in the tuned car, pretty respectable for no wheel.
    I guess ranks are differente from zone to zone, i'm at ~500/600, at about 5sec of the pace to, it can be faster specially when you start cuting corners. I'm thinking the timing sheet over here is wrong or foul play i behing used as the 1st place is over one second faster than the 2nd...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information