View Poll Results: Who have you lost in death?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • cat

0 0%
  • dog

1 9.09%
  • grandpa

6 54.55%
  • grandma

0 0%
  • mom

0 0%
  • dad

1 9.09%
  • sister

0 0%
  • brother

1 9.09%
  • friend

1 9.09%
  • hamster

0 0%
  • ginuie pig

0 0%
  • bird

0 0%
  • other pets

0 0%
  • aunt

1 9.09%
  • uncle, cousin

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy the Cat 1998-2009.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.

Buddy the Cat 1998-2009.

I want to make a thread dedicated to my friend, baby, and pet, Buddy, who was a long/short haired American black and white cat. This thread is also for those who have lost a pet or a loved one in death. Buddy died of Liver Disease/ Cancer as well as Diabetes. He was 12 years old ( 77 in human years ). He lost 18 pounds and went down to 9 pounds. I had to put him down today and had passed very quickly. I will never forget him and his wonderful feline self.
    sorry about the poll.
    Last edited by cargirl1990; 06-30-2009 at 05:23 AM.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Was he a celebrity? Just kidding. Sorry for your loss. Why is your poll exclusive?
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Sorry for your loss cargirl, losing a friend, human or animal is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Was he a celebrity? Just kidding. Sorry for your loss. Why is your poll exclusive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Sorry for your loss cargirl, losing a friend, human or animal is painful.
    well the poll is for anyone on here that has lost those they loved in death. thanks guys, you rock.
    PINGAS!!!!

Sorry to hear about your cat,

My dalmation cross border collie has of late suffered numerous minor strokes and is suffering the usual old timer ailments (going deaf and blind) - It is hard to watch the degredation of a loved one, specifically one that you've grown up with.

I've lost one set of grandparents, a dog and a cat, It never gets easier, You just have to remember the good parts and think of them often.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I am sorry for your lost. It really is hard. I remember when I was in first grade I lost my grandpa and cat in the same week and it was really hard on me. But things will get better and I am sure your cat is better off.

sorry to hear that Marney. i've had several pets put down, and i likely will have to with my dog before the year is out. its never easy, but its better to think they they are better off now. no pain or discomfort. my heart is with you.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    well the poll is for anyone on here that has lost those they loved in death. thanks guys, you rock.

I'm sorry, I mean why only allow one answer?
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I feel for you, I have lost a few loved ones over the years aswell. Its nice that you trust us enough to share this sensitive topic. To me, the community aspect of this forum is unlike any other forum on the internet that I have come across. Its probably the biggest reason that we are all here.

Why do we see it so humane to put animals down to keep them from pain/suffering, if its because its the right thing to do, why dont we do the same with our own species?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Why do we see it so humane to put animals down to keep them from pain/suffering, if its because its the right thing to do, why dont we do the same with our own species?
    That is a really interesting question. I think with humans, its that little thread of hope that people hold onto, the "what if" and the "perhaps" or "maybe" there is a chance things could turn around. Because of that selfishness, many people are made to spend their last hours in excruciating pain and discomfort before their passing.

When it comes to animals, I never thought twice about it. I always figured it was the right thing to do, because the thought of a pet suffering on for my hope that it would get better makes me feel guilty of causing it pain. I would never ask that of any living thing. If you think about it, it really is selfish to keep a living thing alive just because a person can't cope with the fact that it is time for it to pass on. If you love something, you have to let it go.

As for my own story, I had a Newfoundland up until 2003. He could have lived longer, but a freak accident took him from me. The vet said it was a commonality among larger dogs like him. He was playing in the yard one morning with our other dog, and his stomach literally twisted inside of him, cutting off the natural flow of things. It wasn't until a few hours that we saw there was something wrong with him and that he needed to be examined. He became progressively worse in a short amount of time, wincing and standing awkwardly with his back hunched, unable to release any tension inside of him. The vet said there was a chance he would survive the surgery, but no chance that he would ever be his happy self again. At the time he was 10 years old, and we figured it would be best for him to have his pain taken away. He was a free dog all his life, with 11 acres of running space at his disposal. The thought of him not being able to use that to his full potential anymore saddened each and every person in our family, so we did what we felt was best. I still think about him all the time, and I long for the day that I will be in a position to own and care for the same breed of dog myself.

Sorry, cargirl, for your loss. Depending on how strong your relationship with the animal was, you may never forget. Great pets like that leave a lasting impact on our lives.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 06-30-2009 at 12:58 AM.

I'm sorry for your loss CG, i hope you can find new happiness probably with a new companion.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

My condolences. I'm sure Buddy is having a great time now, in feline heaven.

As my grandfather told me once, nobody really dies, if you keep them alive in your memory.
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

you all want to make me cry with all those kind and comforting words. my bond with my cat was very strong. he kinda acted like a dog as he would follow me everywhere. i like dogs but i love cats as Buddy was my first pet and i got him when i was 8 years old. im an avid cat lover. the one thing though that i will never forget is when he was long gone on the table at the vet and his eyes had nothing in them. its probably one of the hardest things that i had ever done. before we brought him in, he had a very bad odor on him, if you got close enough to smell his fur due to the fact that his liver was failing him. i have only 2 cats left that are fairly young, about 3/4/5 years of age. my apologies for the one anwser poll thingy. you guys are alot of help though as you guys have so much respect. thanks.
    PINGAS!!!!

Commiserations.

We've just "received" our first car.
    A 5 week old abandoned kitten. Had "Shakey" now for 3 weeks and I can fully understand how close the bond can become.

PS: Not sure of the purpose of the poll, cg, but I need to fill in 11 of them ... not been the best 5 years of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Commiserations.

We've just "received" our first car.
    A 5 week old abandoned kitten. Had "Shakey" now for 3 weeks and I can fully understand how close the bond can become.

PS: Not sure of the purpose of the poll, cg, but I need to fill in 11 of them ... not been the best 5 years of my life
    sorry about that poll. an abandoned kitten. poor thing. i like the name for him/her. the bond can get very close. i feel bad for you. unhappy 5 years and 11 of the 15 must really suck.
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information