Thread: V10 Challenger, new Charger, latest Hennessey Camaro and Paris round-up ...

V10 Challenger, new Charger, latest Hennessey Camaro and Paris round-up ...

At a recent meeting of the Viper Club in the United States, Dodge offered a preview of the latest Drag Pak Challenger. As the type name suggests, the limited edition model is intended for drag racing. What sets it apart from previous drag specials, is the use of a Viper sourced V10 engine. Although no performance figures have been released yet, it should be very quick. A few days later, Dodge also revealed a thoroughly devised Charger. Of the visual the changes the new rear-end stands out the most. Under the skin the inclusion of a four-wheel drive system is the biggest news. Interestingly the system enables the driver to cut drive to the front wheels for improved consumption and of course driving pleasure.
    Noted American tuners, Hennessey have had another go at modifying the Camaro. Like its predecessor, the new machine is dubbed the HPE700 but it does feature a more powerful version of the Chevrolet ZR1 sourced, supercharged V8, which is good for a hefty 755 bhp. For the first time, the HPE700 is also available with as a convertible.
    To round off our coverage of the 2010 Paris Motor Show, we have today taken a look at some of the more unusual concepts shown in the Paris capital. Once a supercar manufacturer of note, Venturi have more recently taken up a pioneering role in the electric drive field. In Paris they showed the America Concept. Styled like the popular beach-buggies, it uses a sophisticated carbon-fibre monocoque chassis and Venturi's latest electric drive-train. At peak performance the America's motor is capable of 295 bhp. A new player in this field, also from France, is Exagon. They celebrated their first international appearance by displaying the stylish Furtive-eGT. Thanks to two Siemens motors, this compact coupe is capable of accelerating to 100 km/h in well under 4 seconds and of a top speed of 286 km/h.

Enjoy the links:

2010 Dodge Charger R/T - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Dodge Challenger Drag Pak - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Exagan Furtive-eGT - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Hennessey HPE700 Camaro Convertible - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Peugeot HR1 Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Seat IBE Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Venturi America Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale - Images, Specifications and Information

2011 MINI Countryman WRC - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

There are several mistakes in the news blurb. I just finished typing them out and managed to hit something on my keyboard which sent me back. I went forward but all the text was gone. This time, I will write my edit without comment.

I believe it should read like this:

At a recent meeting of the Viper Club in the United States, Dodge offered a preview of the latest Drag Pak Challenger. As the name suggests, the limited edition model is intended for drag racing. What sets it apart from previous drag specials is the use of a Viper sourced V10 engine. Although no performance figures have been released yet, it should be very quick.
    A few days later(,) Dodge also revealed a thoroughly revised Charger. Of the visual the changes, the new rear end stands out the most. Under the skin, the inclusion of a four-wheel drive system is the biggest news. Interestingly, the system enables the driver to cut drive to the front wheels for improved consumption and of course driving pleasure.
    Noted American tuners Hennessey have had another go at modifying the Camaro. Like its predecessor, the new machine is dubbed the HPE700. This iteration features a more powerful version of the Chevrolet ZR1 sourced supercharged V8, which is good for a hefty 755 bhp. For the first time, the HPE700 is also available as a convertible.
    To round off our coverage of the 2010 Paris Motor Show, today we have taken a look at some of the more unusual concepts shown in the French capital. Once a supercar manufacturer of note, Venturi more recently have taken up a pioneering role in the electric drive field. In Paris(,) they showed the America Concept. Styled like the popular beach-buggies, it uses a sophisticated carbon-fibre monocoque chassis and Venturi's latest electric drivetrain. At peak performance the America's motor is capable of 295 bhp. A new player in this field — also from France — is Exagon. They celebrated their first international appearance by displaying the stylish Furtive-eGT. Thanks to two Siemens motors, this compact coupe is capable of accelerating to 100 km/h in well under 4 seconds and on to a top speed of 286 km/h.

The Exagon link is mistakenly labeled Exagan, as is it's associated page.

Bracketed commas could be used to alter the pace of the text.

I could have missed something or made a mistake editing.

Anyone see problems that remain?

Thanks
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information