Thread: 2012 Retromobile report and 170-shot gallery ...

2012 Retromobile report and 170-shot gallery ...

One of the annual highlights on the calendar, the Retromobile show in Paris, was hosted last week by the vast Porte de Versailles exhibition centre. To meet with the increased demand for floor space, the event this year filled the better part of two halls. Fortunately, the unique atmosphere of the show was not lost due to the expansion. Among the highlights this year were the display of a selection from the Mullin Automotive Museum, a line-up of amphibious cars and the traditional surprises. During the show there were also two major auctions; Bonhams' The Paris Sale at a different location and Artcurial Motorcar's sale at Retromobile. The latter, in particular, managed to grab headlines with a turn-over total of 14.5 million Euro, making it the most successful auction on French soil.
    As always our photographers ventured to Paris, which was particularly chilly this time. Braving the cold weather, they were among the first ones in the show on the opening, Wednesday morning to capture the event in full detail. The result is a detailed report, illustrated by a 170-shot gallery that includes pictures from the show itself and also the two auctions.
    In the coming weeks, you can expect detailed features on many of the remarkable machines that made this one of the finest Retromobiles in recent history.

Enjoy the links:

2012 Retromobile - Report and Slideshow
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Looks like an amazing show. Would love to hit this and Goodwood someday.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thanks Wouter for the great pic's.

I can still remember my first sight of a Talbot Lago. A low slung cabriolet and a decent looking driver. It was at a junkyard on South Tacoma Way, in Tacoma, Washington, USA, in 1968. I remember being surprised about how small it was and how fragile it seemed. I carefully inspected every detail and knew I was standing next to automotive royalty, and treasured the moment. Wonder where that car is today.
    Last edited by 3Deuce27; 02-07-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: poor syntax

Quote Originally Posted by 3Deuce27 View Post
    Thanks Wouter for the great pic's.

I can still remember my first sight of a Talbot Lago. A low slung cabriolet and a decent looking driver. It was at a junkyard on South Tacoma Way, in Tacoma, Washington, USA, in 1968. I remember being surprised about how small it was and how fragile it seemed. I carefully inspected every detail and knew I was standing next to automotive royalty, and treasured the moment. Wonder where that car is today.
    I you were face to face with a Teardrop, there is a big chance that it is still around. Most Teardrops have been accounted for.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Great collection of cars there.

I'm curious as to how many GTO's will make it to Amelia Island next month for the anni celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I you were face to face with a Teardrop, there is a big chance that it is still around. Most Teardrops have been accounted for.
    I believe it was a T-26 'Cabriolet[ of the late forties or early fifties. At the time, if my memory still serves me, somebody said it was a 51'.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Deuce27 View Post
    I believe it was a T-26 'Cabriolet[ of the late forties or early fifties. At the time, if my memory still serves me, somebody said it was a 51'.
    A Lago Rekord such as this one? (incidently, also shot at this year's Retromobile)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information