Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    You're right - all you need to do is to say the word a couple of times!

Oh, wait.

Except you're wrong. Bugatti, as a name is Italian.
    is it ironic that the newbs location is italy?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    just saw Le Mans (quite a disappointment as a movie, but awesome cars for sure), I think they were both drunk and crazy. especially while breaking hard on the wet road.
    Wouldn't have been much better if it was just a feature length documentary of the 1970 race?

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    is it ironic that the newbs location is italy?
    Yes it is ironic indeed, especially with the flag being Irish.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Wouldn't have been much better if it was just a feature length documentary of the 1970 race?
    meh, good cars, good images of the time, but nothing I would call a documentary.

Gran Prix did the job much better, both as a film and as documentary, and even 3 years before of Le Mans.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I'd take the veyron. It is..... as crazy as this may sound, more practical than the SSC. I mean, it has a nav system in the rear view mirror. The brand name is also a big deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by haymah View Post
    I'd take the veyron. It is..... as crazy as this may sound, more practical than the SSC. I mean, it has a nav system in the rear view mirror. The brand name is also a big deciding factor.
    True, volkswagon is a lot more practical than any company with supercars in the name.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    I'm a HUGE fan of the Veyron, so this is going to be a very one-sided argument!

The Veyron is an amazing piece of engineering. Supercars that can reach the rank of "fastest in the world," are usually totally stripped down, and very very light, for example, the Koenigsegg CCX, and the SSC Aero. They have few luxuries, and driving in one for too long will probably end up devastating you.

The Veyron however is designed to be luxury as well as extraordinarily fast. Bugatti didn't try to save weight by taking out carpets, or use plastic or carbon fibre trimmings for the interior. Instead, it has thick carpet, and full leather and metal trimmings. Although I haven't driven one (not privileged enough to!) I've watched many reviews on the car, and none complained about any discomforts while driving, instead commenting on how surprisingly nice and high quality everything is.

One must think of the Veyron as a GT car. The SSC Aero however, is a thorough-bred supercar, much like the Koenigsegg CCX. In my opinion, if they stripped out the Veyron to the same level as the SSC Aero, it'll easily outrun the Aero.
    totaly agree here....making a 411 km/h (proved in guiness book) car is something great. the previous was keonigsegg ccxR that said to go to allmost 420 km/h....but we are talking about different things here. the veyron is a luxury car, a limousine, and in the same time a 1001 hp car. a car with a master-piece engineering... and by the way....it is still the fastest car in the world (veyron 0-60 mph in 2.60 s / ssc aero 0-60 mph in 2.78 s). so....i don't think the difference between the two cars in terms of max speed is relevant, i don't think we can ever reach that speed... but, the most important thing is this: the veyron weights 2041 kg / 4500 lbs and the aero 1270 kg / 2800 lbs...it is a HUGE difference and with allmost 800 kg over the aero, the veyron is amazing. at the same weight, the veyron will be a like a ferrari compared to a volkswagen golf or something....so...my choice is VEYRON all the way...something SF in this times

bugatti. because its not just yet another kit car that goes very fast. its a seven star hotel on wheels. its not the car i would pick if i could have any car in the world. but it remains to be overtaken as the ultimate in 4 wheeled automotive technology. The SSC is just another result of a team of enthusiasts putting a big engine in a light body. The veyron is so much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    The SSC is just another result of a team of enthusiasts putting a big engine in a light body. The veyron is so much more than that.
    The Veyron is another result of a huge company putting a huge engine in a heavy body. There are so many cars to consider before of these two...

You're the average man, you'll have a Corrado, or the Scirocco (atm).
    You're a neo rich, probably a soccer player. Here it is you're Continental GT.
    You're rich period, and you already have a lot of cars. let's try this thing with a bazillions (insert here: kg, bhp, radiators, gears, turbos...).

I'd rather have an extreme sports car, a fast GT and and a nice house over the Veyron, and...don't know, just a normal house instead of the Aero.

The Veyron is another result of a huge company putting a huge engine in a heavy body. There are so many cars to consider before of these two...

You're the average man, you'll have a Corrado, or the Scirocco (atm).
    You're a neo rich, probably a soccer player. Here it is you're Continental GT.
    You're rich period, and you already have a lot of cars. let's try this thing with a bazillions (insert here: kg, bhp, radiators, gears, turbos...).

I'd rather have an extreme sports car, a fast GT and and a nice house over the Veyron, and...don't know, just a normal house instead of the Aero.
    If only it wasn't a Bugatti...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    If only it wasn't a Bugatti...
    I think Bugatti should have produced both the Continental GT and the original 18/3 Chiron, instead of this half-bred.
    Or maybe they should have left it alone, resting in peace (once again), waiting for the next mad Italian, hoping that time there won't be an underground plan to cut its legs.

I think Bugatti should have produced both the Continental GT and the original 18/3 Chiron, instead of this half-bred.
    Or maybe they should have left it alone, resting in peace (once again), waiting for the next mad Italian, hoping that time there won't be an underground plan to cut its legs.
    Knowing Volkswagen leaving Bugatti alone would've probably been the best idea. Now if someone who truly understood Bugatti was in charge maybe things would've been different.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

ok, lets start with the facts... The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 makes 61 hp per liter. The SSC Ultimate Aero makes 204 hp per liter. My brothers BONE STOCK 04 Mach 1 mustang makes 72 hp per liter... WTF Bugatti? SO now that we now which car has more engineering in it we can talk about what the bugatti looks like. The bugatti looks like a chop top mini van with the widest body kit ever made... Why do british people suck so bad at engineering cars?!?!?!?! Another thing about british people is that they cant read very good, they cant count very high, their teeth are always crooked, and they dont know how to talk...

Oh yeah bugatti used 4 turbos and the Ultimate Aero only needed 2... FAIL!!!

bugatti has actually sold some cars, though.
    hp/l is a worthless performance indicator.
    and the ssc is the ugliest thing on four wheels since the aztek..
    Quote Originally Posted by GO AMERICA!!! View Post
    ... Why do british people suck so bad at engineering cars?!?!?!?! Another thing about british people is that they cant read very good, they cant count very high, their teeth are always crooked, and they dont know how to talk...
    also, no idea what the british have to do with a french/german car?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information