Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post

And as for shoving them in the back- who gives a shit about how well they fit? They're cons. You want them comfortable?

See the thing you are not thinking about is how close to our back do you want a CON? seriously I would not want a CON in my back seat close enough to bite my ears off.... and a civic may be fast for its torque/hp to weight ratio but load a 1000 lbs of equipment in it and there is not near enough torque, might as well chase em in a go-cart. Not to mention you are not going to forcefully stop any car in a civic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    I've driven every manufactures police vehicle, from 1980 to present and the Crown Vic is the best for over all performance. It may not be the fastest but it is the best as far as comfort, visiability, handling. When you have to drive a vehicle for 7 to 8 hours a day, the Crown Vic was always the one most officers liked. The Chevy Caprice with the police package, was a faster vehicle, but you you sat so low, you couldn't see the front fenders when trying to clear another vehicle. The ride was so uncomfortable most officers bought a good support cushion to set on. Plymouths were like riding in a boat. The handling was terrible and they weren't very fast.
    My Nissan Sentra (4 cyl) would outrun this Crown Vic. Trust me, I have run with Nissan Titans (V-8) and they could not smoke me. Though, my clutch was smoking after such an ordeal. It took everything my Nissan had to do so with the Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    My Nissan Sentra (4 cyl) would outrun this Crown Vic.
    that really is a grown-up reaction....it would subsequently be stopped by the next Crown-Vic...if they were really bothered stopping you.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

but the crown vic interceptor will comfortably cruise at 140, and i doubt your sentra would do that.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    but the crown vic interceptor will comfortably cruise at 140, and i doubt your sentra would do that.
    You are absolutely correct. My Sentra's take off speed from a dead stop is all it has. On the top end, the Crown Vic will eat me for lunch.
    On the top end, a V-8 is always a V-8.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    that really is a grown-up reaction....it would subsequently be stopped by the next Crown-Vic...if they were really bothered stopping you.
    True!

You are absolutely correct. My Sentra's take off speed from a dead stop is all it has. On the top end, the Crown Vic will eat me for lunch.
    On the top end, a V-8 is always a V-8.
    It's not the V8, it's the power. And then the aerodynamics and lineal stability.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

My Nissan Sentra (4 cyl) would outrun this Crown Vic. Trust me, I have run with Nissan Titans (V-8) and they could not smoke me. Though, my clutch was smoking after such an ordeal. It took everything my Nissan had to do so with the Titan.
    So your car out ran a pickup, but had to burn out it's clutch to do so?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    So your car out ran a pickup, but had to burn out it's clutch to do so?
    Yep! The clutch was glazed and shiny, and still fully functional when i eventually removed and replaced it. That was my first time ever seeing a glazed clutch. That was also my first time seeing so much smoke coming from the clutch housing. I thought my car was gonna go up in flames. I was coughing and choking from the smoke. I love my Sentra. She is a trooper.

I don't know if I'd brag about beating any kind of car if I had to smoke my clutch to do so.........unless it was a Veyron.

BTW, why are you racing people in a Sentra anyways?
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    I don't know if I'd brag about beating any kind of car if I had to smoke my clutch to do so.........unless it was a Veyron.

BTW, why are you racing people in a Sentra anyways?
    Don't knock Sentras I hear the SE-R chirps third.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I could chirp third in one of these, stock standard

http://www.kpl.com.au/Classics/Images/051126860.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Don't knock Sentras I hear the SE-R chirps third.
    LOL, i had a 89 prelude that could chirp 3rd, not a big deal really, all that means is that the third gear has a high torque ratio (torque*3rd gear*final drive ratio (EX: 4.10 to 1)) that car only had 109hp and 100 ftlbs torque, but was a light car. But i fail to see the relevance of this fact to why the crown vic is the most common police car

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It's not the V8, it's the power. And then the aerodynamics and lineal stability.
    Also do not forget that front wheel drive cars lift in the front the faster they go so you end up with more under steer.

Thread Information