Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford BA GT

Ford BA GT

The new Ford GT looks alright but it only looks like the XR with a few extras chucked on. But I still think the new BA is a big improvement from the AU. What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by steven flanagan; 04-30-2003 at 12:15 AM.

i think that it's much better than the AU space buggy, they have made a huge improvement, they are a very nice looking car, especially the new GT

if u only have a quick glance u probably wouldnt tell the gt from the xr8, but honestly, ive seen tons of xr6's and i have heaps more than a quick glance at them, with the amount of looks these cars wil get on the roads, people will see the differences. hey, can u tell me the visual differences between the hsv clubsport and hsv gts? the only one i know of is the alloys and the badges, not much, less than what the gt has over the xr8, plus the gt will have the optional stripes, so if u think its not visually different enough from the xr8, ORDER THE STRIPES! i would, but not cause the gt may not be different enough to the xr8, i just reckon the acid rush with black stripes looks oh so sexy!

I think it is only the mags and some changes to the body kit. Well I had a good look and thats all i can see.

The BA is a big umprovement on the AU, which looked like a whale on steroids. The BA looks a lot meaner, at the front and the V8 racing car looks absolutely sweet!

The BA is a big umprovement on the AU, which looked like a whale on steroids. The BA looks a lot meaner, at the front and the V8 racing car looks absolutely sweet!

hey everyone,
    me and one of my mates who dives a little hypa mica gemini were driving on nepean hwy the other day when a truck pulled up next to us. on it's back it had 2 BA XR6 turbos and on the very back it had the all new BA GTHO, OH BABY!!! it's a very hot looking car, the only thing im not too sure about was the rear spoiler, it was rather high off the boot and had 3 prongs holding it up, it might grow on me but it just looked a bit percular.
    but like i said, one hot looking car!!!

badboy

dont u mean gt or gt-p, cause the gtho isnt even in a concept form for BA, let alone production

woops sorry, i meant gt-p

A difference between the GTS and Clubsport that was overlooked is the 300kw Calloway motor compared to the 260kw in the Club sport. Both cars show similarities because they are part of the HSV line up. The GT-P vs XU look is like saying the SS looks similar to a Clubsport of GTS. They are quite different with HSVs being based on Berlina/Calais specs and having quite radical body kits. The GT GTP falcons look great but the GT stripe, forget it. If Ford wanted this thing to look more outrageous they should have gone further with the body kit ala HSV compared to stock SS. The GT-P does not differentiate enough, however the pricing of these cars reflects this. My friend fpv gtho is a little harsh demanding Holden to release the Gen4 in the VY when GM in the US is not using it yet. Further more the HFV6 plant has only been finished and when the motor becomes available in the next Commodore it will be a completely new design. The Ford 6 still owes its origins to an old design and the V8 which is dissapointing for all of the much touted technology, to a hybrid SUV/Mustang cut and shut. While Ford have spent a lot of money and played their hand as far as "new" engines go, Holden will play their hand with the next model with genuine new engines that should trump Ford yet again.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    A difference between the GTS and Clubsport that was overlooked is the 300kw Calloway motor compared to the 260kw in the Club sport. Both cars show similarities because they are part of the HSV line up. The GT-P vs XU look is like saying the SS looks similar to a Clubsport of GTS. They are quite different with HSVs being based on Berlina/Calais specs and having quite radical body kits. The GT GTP falcons look great but the GT stripe, forget it. If Ford wanted this thing to look more outrageous they should have gone further with the body kit ala HSV compared to stock SS. The GT-P does not differentiate enough, however the pricing of these cars reflects this. My friend fpv gtho is a little harsh demanding Holden to release the Gen4 in the VY when GM in the US is not using it yet. Further more the HFV6 plant has only been finished and when the motor becomes available in the next Commodore it will be a completely new design. The Ford 6 still owes its origins to an old design and the V8 which is dissapointing for all of the much touted technology, to a hybrid SUV/Mustang cut and shut. While Ford have spent a lot of money and played their hand as far as "new" engines go, Holden will play their hand with the next model with genuine new engines that should trump Ford yet again.
    We were only talking about the visual difference but thanks for the effort anyway.

who cars if the v8's a hybrid and the 6 has origins from the 60's, they work dont they? the hybrid v8 even makes power when released from the factory. as for the 6, its better than holdens supercharged unit in naturally aspirated form so its doin sumtin right

has anyone rad the new performance fords magazine? they had the pursuit ute compared to the xr8 ute and were getting pretty good acceleration times, they had an average of about 5.9 0-100 for both and a best of around 5.7

The BA is a massive improvement on the AU which was as bad as the EA Falcon. I love the 260kw V8,
    but I reckon that the VY Commodore has a mad front and a ok rear it will be interesting to see if Ford continue to make a good car for there next model or if they go back to making POS's.
    I have a strange feeling the new VZ from Holden is going to be a beast and a half.
    Anyone heard anything about it?????

the AU wasnt that bad, it just wasnt the best looking thing around when released. when u ignored the styling, the AU was asctually better than the VT/VX

Thread Information